Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question for OEJ- Crown Shop Promotions/Sales

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ahoy there Jack

I just had a couple of questions regarding the special Crown Shop sales, more specifically on the actual Crown Sales that come and go.

Is there a set pattern or schedule on when the Sales on Crowns occur- like the 60,000 for $60 and the up to 50% off Crowns sales?

Also, is there any type of promotional Sale calendar or schedule that we the players are able to follow to see when certain sales take place?

....Or do they just come and go randomly?

They seem to follow a somewhat set pattern, but I haven't paid close enough attention to know for certain. I was just wondering if there was somewhere we could go online to see when some of our favorite sales are coming up. That way if we are really wanting to save our $$ for a certain sale, we know how long we have to wait. I'm not sure if there is even any type of promotional sale calendar, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you for any reply and hope you have a great, fun and safe Holiday Weekend!

Administrator
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy there Jack

I just had a couple of questions regarding the special Crown Shop sales, more specifically on the actual Crown Sales that come and go.

Is there a set pattern or schedule on when the Sales on Crowns occur- like the 60,000 for $60 and the up to 50% off Crowns sales?

Also, is there any type of promotional Sale calendar or schedule that we the players are able to follow to see when certain sales take place?

....Or do they just come and go randomly?

They seem to follow a somewhat set pattern, but I haven't paid close enough attention to know for certain. I was just wondering if there was somewhere we could go online to see when some of our favorite sales are coming up. That way if we are really wanting to save our $$ for a certain sale, we know how long we have to wait. I'm not sure if there is even any type of promotional sale calendar, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thank you for any reply and hope you have a great, fun and safe Holiday Weekend!
Hi Valkoor,

It's a mixture of the two. We have some promotions that seem to come every year at the same time (. . . so far . . . I can't 100% promise it will be the same in the future). A good example of these sales would be:
  • Pirates De Mayo
  • Sail into Summer
  • Me Hearties
  • Bag O Gold Sale

These would be an analog to Wizard101's "Palooza" sales. Your best bet for a "calendar" would be reviewing our game timeline.

There are also other sales that are a bit more random, but they are carefully planned out by our Marketing department. These are harder to predict but are really cool when they happen. (I still hear screams of excitement when 50% off online bundles is mentioned -- a rabbit's ears are sensitive to that you know!)

Natalie Akilian, our Associate Product Marketing Manager, shared an interesting Blog Post about this topic on the KingsIsle Blog. You may want to have a read and comment there: http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/03/12/behind-the-scenes-look-the-making-of-promotions/

"We take a few things into consideration when creating promotions including player feedback, sales data, and past performance."

See you in the skyways!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
One very broad pattern is that there is a rotation between membership upgrade specials and crown purchase specials. Every so often something special will pop up in the rotation (50% of bundles, 25% off whatever is in your basket, etc.) but the general rotation is between those two types of sales. The better of the crown sales appears c. every 4th crown sale (which is when Fiorenza and I pounce).

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Hi Valkoor,

It's a mixture of the two. We have some promotions that seem to come every year at the same time (. . . so far . . . I can't 100% promise it will be the same in the future). A good example of these sales would be:
  • Pirates De Mayo
  • Sail into Summer
  • Me Hearties
  • Bag O Gold Sale

These would be an analog to Wizard101's "Palooza" sales. Your best bet for a "calendar" would be reviewing our game timeline.

There are also other sales that are a bit more random, but they are carefully planned out by our Marketing department. These are harder to predict but are really cool when they happen. (I still hear screams of excitement when 50% off online bundles is mentioned -- a rabbit's ears are sensitive to that you know!)

Natalie Akilian, our Associate Product Marketing Manager, shared an interesting Blog Post about this topic on the KingsIsle Blog. You may want to have a read and comment there: http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/03/12/behind-the-scenes-look-the-making-of-promotions/

"We take a few things into consideration when creating promotions including player feedback, sales data, and past performance."

See you in the skyways!
Thank you for the response and for the great info and links Jack!

That was so much more than what I was expecting or hoping for. I really love all of the clever and creative sales and promotions, like the Pirates De Mayo and Me Hearties and such. I was just curious as to whether any of the Crowns sales were on a bit of a set rotation. Just trying to plan my coin spendage accordingly....what with the economy and all! I really like to keep my eyes peeled for that up to 50% more Crowns sale plus some of those other nifty ones.

And I am quite sure your ears are still a-ringin' from those bundles sales....may have even heard a scream out of me...or maybe a elevated whimper....wait a minute, I'm a pirate....and a man- so clearly you would have heard an extra grizzly sounding...AAAAARRRRRRGGGGG!!!

Thanks a bunch for the link to Natalie's Blog Post. It was quite an enjoyable read, especially the part about coming up with names and pages for the promotions. I guess I'll probably never be in line for that job, for cheesy is my middle name....first, Chester of course! In all seriousness, that would be an amazing job- coming up with names for the sales, promotions and even in game gear, items, quests and so on. I truly admire all of the great and creative minds that get to take part in the creating of anything P101 related. It must be the most amazing job. It would definitely be a dream come true....and I have ideas that if piled up would sink the entire Armada Fleet (some no-cheese, some extra cheesy)!

Again, I appreciate the reply and the info.

*** By the way, extra big THANKS for the link to the P101 Timeline- I had never seen that and it is simply fascinating!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
As a side note, I couldn't help but be intrigued by Natalie's last name, Akilian and the similarity with the Aquilian themed world and content. I know that Aquila refers to the Latin word for eagle, Greco-Roman Mythology and possibly to the constellation as well.

But is there perchance any correlation between the two or possibly a nod to her as well....or is this just merely a coincidence?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Indigo Ring on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
One very broad pattern is that there is a rotation between membership upgrade specials and crown purchase specials. Every so often something special will pop up in the rotation (50% of bundles, 25% off whatever is in your basket, etc.) but the general rotation is between those two types of sales. The better of the crown sales appears c. every 4th crown sale (which is when Fiorenza and I pounce).

-Indigo
You and me both, that's the one that I am looking to sink my Tiger Shark's teeth into! I believe it comes right after the 60,000 for 60$ one, I think....which should be next.