Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Visible Pet Stats in Home and Place Mode

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello there Ratbeard, Decius and any other KI programmers/developers that this request may pertain to.

Like so many other fellow pet enthusiasts that have greatly enjoyed the new advanced pet/morphing systems, I have become somewhat of a critter collector. So needless to say, my homes are beginning to fill up with many pets and successful/unsuccessful morphing attempts, and lots just from my pirate's Spiral adventures as well.

First I would like to say, THANK YOU so much for allowing us to allow the pets to roam free, as it makes the homes feel so much more alive and inviting. That was a nice surprise included in the recent Updates, and one that so many of us enjoy tremendously.

Due to so many attempts at morphing for Hybrids, my pirate's home(s) are beginning to fill up rather quickly with beaks, claws, wings, fur, scales, gills & fins, stingers, talons, horns, hooves, nose rings and more! This is not at all a bothersome thing and actually quite welcoming, but one thing that I have noticed is that it is very hard to tell which pets are which. Many of them have the same or very similar sounding names. Often I have to unload a bunch of pets in order to clear my pirate's backpack and go back to them later to seek out the highest pedigrees or for various other reasons.

The problem is that with so many pets, looking for that certain pet in your home can be like finding the only fleck of white/gray paint in a highly populated bird bath. It is tough to locate the sought after pet amongst the herd, because we can't see any of their stats/levels until we place them back into our pirates' backpacks. This also comes in to play when trying to place a pet in our homes from our packs.

My suggestion and request is:

Is there any way that, when we view the pets already in our homes and when going to place them in the homes from our packs, their levels and stats can be displayed when we mouse over them. Maybe pets in the home already, we can only view the stats once we go into "place housing item mode" and in "walk around mode" they will remain hidden. Currently from the "place item mode" and "pickup mode" there's no clear way to differentiate same species pets and their stats/levels/pedigrees.

I really feel that it would help find the right pet, amongst the many, without having to pick all the same species up, placing in pack- thus being able to see their stats/levels/pedigree and then knowing which one you wish to keep. I have many pets from the same species that share the same names, so being able to see their stats when placing or removing from home would come in quite handy.

Just a thought and/or suggestion. Keep up the amazing work with the pets and everything else.

Thank you

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Hello there Ratbeard, Decius and any other KI programmers/developers that this request may pertain to.

Like so many other fellow pet enthusiasts that have greatly enjoyed the new advanced pet/morphing systems, I have become somewhat of a critter collector. So needless to say, my homes are beginning to fill up with many pets and successful/unsuccessful morphing attempts, and lots just from my pirate's Spiral adventures as well.

First I would like to say, THANK YOU so much for allowing us to allow the pets to roam free, as it makes the homes feel so much more alive and inviting. That was a nice surprise included in the recent Updates, and one that so many of us enjoy tremendously.

Due to so many attempts at morphing for Hybrids, my pirate's home(s) are beginning to fill up rather quickly with beaks, claws, wings, fur, scales, gills & fins, stingers, talons, horns, hooves, nose rings and more! This is not at all a bothersome thing and actually quite welcoming, but one thing that I have noticed is that it is very hard to tell which pets are which. Many of them have the same or very similar sounding names. Often I have to unload a bunch of pets in order to clear my pirate's backpack and go back to them later to seek out the highest pedigrees or for various other reasons.

The problem is that with so many pets, looking for that certain pet in your home can be like finding the only fleck of white/gray paint in a highly populated bird bath. It is tough to locate the sought after pet amongst the herd, because we can't see any of their stats/levels until we place them back into our pirates' backpacks. This also comes in to play when trying to place a pet in our homes from our packs.

Is there any way that, when we view the pets already in our homes and when going to place them in the homes from our packs, their levels and stats can be displayed when we mouse over them. Maybe pets in the home already, we can only view the stats once we go into "place housing item mode" and in "walk around mode" they will remain hidden. Currently from the "place item mode" and "pickup mode" there's no clear way to differentiate same species pets and their stats/levels/pedigrees.

I really feel that it would help find the right pet, amongst the many, without having to pick all the same species up, placing in pack- thus being able to see their stats/levels/pedigree and then knowing which one you wish to keep. I have many pets from the same species that share the same names, so being able to see their stats when placing or removing from home would come in quite handy.

Just a thought and/or suggestion. Keep up the amazing work with the pets and everything else.

Thank you
OH Yar infinity

Administrator
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:

Thank you
Hi! Thanks for the idea! Can you try something out for me to see if it is equally valuable to you?

When in your housing, click the Decorate button. Next, click the Attic Button. Finally, click the house tab, find your pet, highlight that pet, and click the backpack item to pick up just the pet you wanted.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 23, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Thanks for the idea! Can you try something out for me to see if it is equally valuable to you?

When in your housing, click the Decorate button. Next, click the Attic Button. Finally, click the house tab, find your pet, highlight that pet, and click the backpack item to pick up just the pet you wanted.
Thanks for the idea and the suggestion, Jack.

That absolutely does work great for picking up and placing the pets into the backpack. And I noticed that by using that method you can also place the backpack pets into your attic in that very same manner and while still being able to see the stats....who knew (well, most but me- I guess).

Unless I am missing something though, it doesn't really help that much when you are looking for a specific pet in a certain area of your home. In my pirate's current Privateer home, I have the maxed amounts of pets allowed in a certain area, and am working on putting some into a couple other areas. The method above seems to just lump them all together and not indicate which part of the home the specific pet is located. Often times I place my most recent pets in a certain area along with the other dozens already there. My suggestion and/or request was to help when you are in a certain area that you know the pet(s) you want resides, then you could quickly find it from the ones on your screen, in that area. Then I will look to replace those "chosen" pets with other pets in order to max that area with pets again. Then I could continue to populate the next pet "hang out" with the little critters.

But I suppose the above attic method, in essence does the exact same thing- you just don't know what areas the pets are being taken from. I thought that possibly a convenient way to do this was just by mousing over them in the home itself, in decorate or place mode, so you could quickly find the one you knew was in that area. Kind of how we can pretty much mouse over most things in the game already and see the stats for the item. But I suppose that is only done and available within specific interfaces, such as the attic interface above. Seemed like a neat idea to be able to see the stats of the pets from the "place decorations", zoomed out housing screen- while the pets were stationary in their designated resting places. And also would come in handy and be faster when mousing over the pet icons at the bottom of the screen while in that same "place mode".

I will certainly start using your handy-dandy method as noted above (that I clearly hadn't taken the time to discover)- ooh, a new toy! It definitely makes it much easier and I Thank You for the help. Perhaps, while I spend some quality time in my pirate's attic, maybe the great minds at KI could consider some food for fodder and possibly an option for something like what I was suggestion, or at least along those lines.

Well, off to the attic- it's gonna be a scorcher! Thanks again, Jack.