Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do I use this ability?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
How do I use flanking? I got it for a companion and I have no idea how to use it. I've used it a few times but I don't no how I used it. Can someone please help me?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Have a melee companion (or you) who does not have the Flanking Epic Talent attack an enemy. With the companion that has Flanking, attack the enemy from the opposite side. You will now attack them twice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Awesome Thomas on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
How do I use flanking? I got it for a companion and I have no idea how to use it. I've used it a few times but I don't no how I used it. Can someone please help me?
Hi Thomas. This thread has some great explanations of that great tool. I had to have a player explain it to me too.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Awesome Thomas on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Personally, for me, I like to have Flanking (or companions with Flanking) on my Buccaneer or Swashbuckler since those two pirates move around the board quite a bit.

This would give it more chance to activate.

For a more comprehensive understanding of what Flanking is and how it can benefit you when used well, read this blog post from one of my fellow Mercs (Mercenaries 101): Flanking & Crossfire

I'm sure you'll find the video demonstration of the talent enlightening.

As a bonus, you might also want to read Nesogra's post about Chain Theory and Micromania. These should show you how you can better utilize most of your pirate's and companion' Talents :)

Best of luck to you!

~SM~

Ensign
Oct 23, 2012
Flanking happens when a companion/pet/enemy is opposite an ally, and an enemy is between them. It is an extra attack.

Ensign
Mar 01, 2014
Flanking is an epic power.
In battle, flanking will appear randomly if you approach an enemy.
It will mean an extra hit before your normal hit, but it will not be every round.
You have no power over when it will happen, so don't worry about it, its just another advantage you have over the enemy.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You also might want to take a look at this thread which has a fairly good explanation.

Flanking does not happen randomly at all. There are a set of specific rules that must be present before Flanking will work and you set up the conditions for Flanking to work or not work.

Flanking does allow two attacks on one enemy or, if set up correctly, one attack on two different enemies.