Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

why do people do this?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
Of all the stuff people say and do on this game i find at least one person bragging and teasing other people. it's not right i can understand that we should ignore and report the bad but some people just don't do that now One of my best friends left this game for ever and is now insulting himself because some guy told him that he was weak and the worst fighter it's just not cool you have no idea who is sitting behind this computer therefore it is not fair and right to talk about him. and i know some people are just so in to beating some one that they are hurting them by boasting and they don't even know or so stressed that they just say hurtful things. So i know some people will never stop doing this and i'm sad that they won't either. but i beg you this? why do they do it? why do they mentally hurt people over the internet and over the games. we are here to have fun have entertainment and just laugh. but the people who they call themselves (trollers) just take that away from people by hurting them in pvp by defeating them or by being defeated. so i hope the people who call themselves trollers and haved listen to this message stop cyber bullying people cause it's not cool it's not threat it's just a message plz stop i already lost one friend i don't want to lose another

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
the awesome smuggl... on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Of all the stuff people say and do on this game i find at least one person bragging and teasing other people. it's not right i can understand that we should ignore and report the bad but some people just don't do that now One of my best friends left this game for ever and is now insulting himself because some guy told him that he was weak and the worst fighter it's just not cool you have no idea who is sitting behind this computer therefore it is not fair and right to talk about him. and i know some people are just so in to beating some one that they are hurting them by boasting and they don't even know or so stressed that they just say hurtful things. So i know some people will never stop doing this and i'm sad that they won't either. but i beg you this? why do they do it? why do they mentally hurt people over the internet and over the games. we are here to have fun have entertainment and just laugh. but the people who they call themselves (trollers) just take that away from people by hurting them in pvp by defeating them or by being defeated. so i hope the people who call themselves trollers and haved listen to this message stop cyber bullying people cause it's not cool it's not threat it's just a message plz stop i already lost one friend i don't want to lose another
I totally agree with you that bullying is wrong. We do have an advantage here that we don't in real life. We can choose to "Ignore" such bullies. In real life if you turn away the bully can still say hurtful things or still assault you. Not so in the spiral. If someone is being rude, just put them on ignore and you will then not hear one word they say. They are totally disarmed and can no longer hurt you. Before it escalates to something that can wound you heart, stop them in their tracks and virtually shut their mouth.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 30, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree with you that bullying is wrong. We do have an advantage here that we don't in real life. We can choose to "Ignore" such bullies. In real life if you turn away the bully can still say hurtful things or still assault you. Not so in the spiral. If someone is being rude, just put them on ignore and you will then not hear one word they say. They are totally disarmed and can no longer hurt you. Before it escalates to something that can wound you heart, stop them in their tracks and virtually shut their mouth.
not completely disarmed, they could spread rumors about you without your knowing

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This happened to me also not only I had rude comments, this happened as a witchdoctor when some said something that was inappropriate. There are rules of conduct to fallow if I may inform, to keep this game fun for everyone and enjoyable. It's unfortunate some player choose to ignore the rules of conduct, witch happens but it's rear.

So please pirates be good to others and don't ruin it for everyone, according to the rule of conduct. Remember first ignore the player, if that persist reason with that player if that player is not complying with your request(s) that's the time to wave the flag to report the player. ( Just use the ignore button if it's a minor offense, the report button is only used as a last resort if the offense is severe enough.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, 'ignore' is a bully's nightmare. Harrassing people gives them control over others. Don't play into their hands by reply or showing you're upset! And if they resort to foul language ( you know what I mean ) then REPORT them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
zuto4011a on May 31, 2014 wrote:
not completely disarmed, they could spread rumors about you without your knowing
Well any pirate with an ounce of sense would not believe anything a bully says. Just announce that that person is on your ignore list when you do it and everyone around will know that anything coming out of their mouth is just sour grapes and not worth paying attention to.
It is also a good idea if you see someone ranting at someone that has just ignored them, Ignore them too.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
It's a shame that some people forget to use the ignore button. Something as simple as one click to rid of all their problems. All a bully wants is your attention anyways to distract you from whatever you are doing right and/or boost their ego. Nobody should waste their time listening to a bully's words. It's complete nonsense and nothing that they say is true. And anyone being a victim should remember to always smile and keep a positive attitude. A bully HATES that.

It happened to me once, someone tried to bully me. I had forgotten to use the ignore button at the time. She kept saying that my character was ugly and that I was a "noob" (whether I was or not, it's not nice). Still, I didn't let her words get to me and I was only amused on how she was trying way too hard to bring me down. I stayed polite and positive and she got frustrated and left me alone (I guess to pick on someone else who will deal with her words).

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
There are three types of gamers; Serious, Indifferent, and Troll.

A serious player is someone who cares so much about a specific game and takes it in a challenging way for the most part.

An 'indifferent" player is someone who plays for fun and his care percentage is about 50/50.

A troll however, is careless about a game , so his fun is found by trolling. Getting banned doesn't matter at all, it's his/her only way of having fun in a game that they totally don't care about.

*Not sure what type of player you are, but try finding some respectable players to hang with to help you resist the trolls

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2012
Tactician0 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
There are three types of gamers; Serious, Indifferent, and Troll.

A serious player is someone who cares so much about a specific game and takes it in a challenging way for the most part.

An 'indifferent" player is someone who plays for fun and his care percentage is about 50/50.

A troll however, is careless about a game , so his fun is found by trolling. Getting banned doesn't matter at all, it's his/her only way of having fun in a game that they totally don't care about.

*Not sure what type of player you are, but try finding some respectable players to hang with to help you resist the trolls
achilles i'm kinda like the serious and indifferent i show no mercy in pvp and i'm serious. but i like pvpin and i say good luck and good game every time i play well most of the time any way

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
the awesome smuggl... on May 30, 2014 wrote:
It's unfortunate, but it is a fact of life. I think at some point everyone has had to deal with a bully. I have had to a few times in my life. Standing up to a bully is the best way to make them stop. Bullies are usually people who have low self esteem and they want to bolster their self image by trying to exert dominance over others. Just keep in mind that bullies are sad people who should have our pity. They are small people living in a small world and they are destined to end up miserable and alone unless they change their ways. So don't fear a bully...feel sorry for them. They will get what's coming to them eventually. There's always a bigger fish and he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. There...that's enough clichés for today.

Petty Officer
Oct 11, 2012
yes no matter where they are there are bullies. If there is someone being mean to you, you have options. If they are cussing or saying something that crosses the line than you can report them and ignore them and then walk away. If they jut say men stuff but in regular words I don't think you can repot them but you can ignore them or walk away. Dealing with bullies is easier here than in real life.