Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favourite/Least Favourite Epic Talent?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
What are your most/least favourite epic talents?
My most favourite epic talent is without a doubt Relentless/Burst/Mojo echo. It lets you attack in a turn multiple time, making battles much more fast and turning a pvp match in your favour.
My least favourite epic talent is Hold The Line. In terms of what it does, it's very good. But i feel trolled whenever i use Poison on 4 companions and get stopped by a buccaneer and end up poisoning only one instead.
Tell me what you think in the replies!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
DeathWiz101378 on Apr 29, 2014 wrote:
What are your most/least favourite epic talents?
My most favourite epic talent is without a doubt Relentless/Burst/Mojo echo. It lets you attack in a turn multiple time, making battles much more fast and turning a pvp match in your favour.
My least favourite epic talent is Hold The Line. In terms of what it does, it's very good. But i feel trolled whenever i use Poison on 4 companions and get stopped by a buccaneer and end up poisoning only one instead.
Tell me what you think in the replies!
I have to say that my favorite just has to be reposte. My swashbuckler usually uses a strategy consisting of El toro/Sarah Steele/ and one other swashbuckler with reposte (Later Fan Flanders will take this final spot because she has an agility boost for more damage)
That way I can make good use of El Toro's buff power to make dodging easier while doing more damage via agility boost.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
My fave is burst fire...
My least would be pirate since in ship battles I usually let enemies come to me

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
my favourite is first strike with vengenance thats two hits relentless can make it four hits but its all thanks to first strike
if hold the line is even an epic its that but my least favourite is return fire
its rare to dodge a musketeers attack anyway with a swashbuckler so what are the chances a musketeer will dodge another musketeers
and monquitians are way to easy to beat the spearmen have hold the line and turn the tide useless without good epics
the crossbowman has return fire
plus when the crossbowman promotes the only good epic is overwatch
at least the explorer goes to veteran and you can get repelboarders and vengenance strike so he is good afterwards
also the redcoats of marleybone have return fire

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
my favorite of course is mojo echo, because if you noticed, it triggers more often than relentless and burst fire
my least favorite is return fire, because it never works!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thanks to Ratbeard and SlightlyMadWizard, my new favorite Epic Talent is Flanking, because you have total control over activating it (providing you always have another melee crew member in battle, of course). Flanking is so incredibly useful for starting successful chains of epics, plus it performs a bonus sneak attack against the enemy. If used properly with other Epic Talents- you can do lots and lots of damage. I like to use Flanking in conjunction with First Strike, Vengeance Strike, Relentless, Riposte and Repel Boarders (some for allies, some for enemies). If you activate Flanking on an enemy with first strike, you can possibly trigger your own units first strike, vengeance strike, riposte and/or relentless- all in the same turn- plus you still get your initial attack. Using Flanking in conjunction with Hidden and high damage output powers (Assassin's Strike, Back Stab) can do a ton of damage and trigger a lot of other Epic Talents. Plus, like I stated, the ability to have total control over triggering it, is extremely valuable.

I'll have to think a bit on the least favorite Epic Talent. If I am thinking in terms of what the enemy is equipped with, it would have to either be like you said (DeathWiz), Hold the Line or Witchhunter (depending on who and what you're attacking with). Nothing worse, IMO, than having a few Witchdoctor companions show up against Tengu Sorcerers, Satyrs, Ophidian Flame Dancers or other enemy Witchdoctors with WitchHunter.