Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Gear

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 08, 2013
I seriously think something needs to be done about the gear here in Pirate101. People rely more on cheap moves that belong to other classes rather than depend on raw stats and good old skill. What I have noticed within PvP is that most of the time a max lvl with the most Assassin's or Valor's Fortress will win. Then I look at the other guy with way better stats, but is put at an extreme disadvantage. My opinion is that Max leveled pirates should be based stronger on what kind of stats they give; not on what kind of moves they stole from other classes with their gear. Superior statistics on a character with maxed out agility/strength/will/damage/dodge/accuracy/resistance/armor/damage mean nothing when going against a person with 3 Valor's Fortress and 3 Assassin's Strikes , something doesn't seem right here...

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
swashbuckler347 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
I seriously think something needs to be done about the gear here in Pirate101. People rely more on cheap moves that belong to other classes rather than depend on raw stats and good old skill. What I have noticed within PvP is that most of the time a max lvl with the most Assassin's or Valor's Fortress will win. Then I look at the other guy with way better stats, but is put at an extreme disadvantage. My opinion is that Max leveled pirates should be based stronger on what kind of stats they give; not on what kind of moves they stole from other classes with their gear. Superior statistics on a character with maxed out agility/strength/will/damage/dodge/accuracy/resistance/armor/damage mean nothing when going against a person with 3 Valor's Fortress and 3 Assassin's Strikes , something doesn't seem right here...
they spent time farming that gear so they have a right to use that gear , as a swashy you can get a few extra assassins and some forts as well

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
swashbuckler347 on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Hey Swashbuckling Pirate, and a late welcome to the boards from me!

First off, 90% of the no auction gear that is dropped all give powers from all schools. The point of getting all this no auction gear IS to get other classes "cheap moves", to be utilized in different strategies in battle. If you have 2 Swashbucklers with just their school powers using very similar powers, it wouldn't be so fun nor would it be a distinct strategy. If you don't agree with this idea, then you'll have to find your own way of dealing with those pirates who do take advantage of this system.