Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Starting Fresh

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
Recently i have promoted Lucky jack Russel to tier three after giving him his epic's and starting to do Egg Shen quest I noticed one of his strategies didn't work well with him (Vengeance Strike) When i first promoted him i gave him relentless and vengeance strike relentless works fine but jack usually block or dodges to the talent barely activates so the question is if i reset him will i have to do his promotion quests again or will it stay third tier?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
the purple captian on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
Recently i have promoted Lucky jack Russel to tier three after giving him his epic's and starting to do Egg Shen quest I noticed one of his strategies didn't work well with him (Vengeance Strike) When i first promoted him i gave him relentless and vengeance strike relentless works fine but jack usually block or dodges to the talent barely activates so the question is if i reset him will i have to do his promotion quests again or will it stay third tier?
When you reset him all you have to redo is choosing his training skills. The promotion quests will not have to be redone.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello purple captain. When resetting you will not have to do any of the promotion quests over again, nor would you have to pay to promote any companions that you may have purchased. Lucky Jack will remain at his current (3rd tier) status and you will just have to redistribute his talents and epic talents that you chose during leveling and promoting him. Any default talents/epic talents can't be reset.

On a side note. Lucky Jack is quickly becoming one of my new favorites for my buccaneer. He is one of the most pirate-y looking companions in the game and a dog is a pirate's best friend. If only he was giving an extra power or two, he probably would be my regular first mate. I kind of overlooked him for a long time and while bringing many of my other companions to max level, I became pleasantly surprised by his effectiveness in battle and his "doggone" cool pirate looks (love the hat). One of my favorites for sure.

Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
he will stay at third tier and depending if you have a membership it could cost crowns

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
Thankfully no. If you reset him, he will stay at third tier with the all talents and epics points he accumulated so far.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Um, you can use money to reset all his talents and epics. Crowns if you are a crowns player, or coins if you are a member. I had that same problem with Milo. Now he has relentless2, cheap shot, and blade storm. Before he had the first two, and vengeance strike, not considering that he was a swashbuckler.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
When you reset a companion, you repick epics and talents over. you don't do the quest again.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
it will stay 3rd tier and you will be able to reset his epics and talents

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Only his Epic Abilities (excluding powers not chosen by you) and Talents will reset. Yes, he will keep the promotions.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
It will stay in third tier.

Resetting a companion only gets rid of epic and talents that it trained

First Mate
May 01, 2012
If you reset him, you will not have to do his promotion quests again and he will still be at the third tier. All resetting does is allow you to choose different Epics and Talents for that Companion.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
When your reset companions they stay the same level, they also stay in the tier they were, before you reset them.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2013
He'll remain rank 3, no promotion quest will be needed.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
Thank you for all the replies you guys are the best!

Kai Sawkins