Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Two ideas for developers

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
1. The AI for summoned helpers is HORRIBLE. They run into traps. They attack characters that you might prefer them not to attack, and run up to the mobs quickly with no control . How about giving us some control over summoned mobs.

2. To change the subject, it is very hard to find new quality ships and ship parts. It would be nice if you can stock ship vendors, and for that matter all vendors, with better ships and ship items.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
sandy20850 on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
1. The AI for summoned helpers is HORRIBLE. They run into traps. They attack characters that you might prefer them not to attack, and run up to the mobs quickly with no control . How about giving us some control over summoned mobs.

2. To change the subject, it is very hard to find new quality ships and ship parts. It would be nice if you can stock ship vendors, and for that matter all vendors, with better ships and ship items.
Re: part 2,
That is what makes farming ship bosses fun. The vendors are there to get you started. Pirates get rich by looting and we loot those bosses and other ships to get much better stuff. If we could just buy it then why farm?

Petty Officer
Apr 27, 2012
One final thing that I have noticed. The enemy mobs don't seem to attack summoned creatures as much as they do the other characters. They should attack summoned creatures as often with the same random percentage chances as that of any other character

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013

If I summon my main purpose would not for the. To fight but for them to clear the traps , get more damage off me and outnumber the enemy how long it may be as for the mob attack rate on them I would like it to stay the same. More damage on the enemy making them quicker kills

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
One final thing that I have noticed. The enemy mobs don't seem to attack summoned creatures as much as they do the other characters. They should attack summoned creatures as often with the same random percentage chances as that of any other character
The AI seems to make enemy units decide who to attack by "threat". Threat seems to be influenced by:
1. How much damage the defending unit did in the previous round(s).
2. How many units the defending unit defeated in the previous round(s)
3. The defending unit's defensive strength (armor or resistance, and remaining hit points)
Since summoned creature do little damage, that lowers their threat to the AI, but their low hit points raises it some.