Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

louis le what?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 13, 2011
we know about the crab named Louis le bisque. translating from French, it would mean Louis the... what does bisque mean if anything?

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I always thought it was a reference to the type of soup, like a lobster or crab bisque.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
we know about the crab named Louis le bisque. translating from French, it would mean Louis the... what does bisque mean if anything?
Ahem, Bisque translates to Bisque, a type of meat and vegetable stew. Therefore Louis le Bisque roughly translates to ... Louis the Stew.

I hope that is in fact what KI intended, I have noticed some errors before in the use of French, notably the badge Chat Noire. Chat is masculine, Noire is feminine. Grammatically the badge should not be Chat Noire, but should instead be Chat Noir, or Chatte Noire. I remember posting this as a bug report back when Marleybone was in Test Realm, and again as a regular bug post after Marleybone came live.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It is a cooking term. A sort of a pun on a crab soup. The game is full of such wonderful puns especially food related.

Ensign
Jan 05, 2013
From wikipedia: "Bisque is a smooth, creamy, highly seasoned soup of French origin, classically based on a strained broth of crustaceans."

His name literally mean Louis the soup.

Developer
Louis name is actually a pun on not one but two seafood dishes: Crab Louis and Crab Bisque soup. We thre the "le' in to make it roll off the tongue better.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
Bisque is a creamy french seafood soup made of shellfish such as lobster and crab.

so his name translates to Louis the seafood soup. What on earth?

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Jan 14, 2014 wrote:
Ahem, Bisque translates to Bisque, a type of meat and vegetable stew. Therefore Louis le Bisque roughly translates to ... Louis the Stew.

I hope that is in fact what KI intended, I have noticed some errors before in the use of French, notably the badge Chat Noire. Chat is masculine, Noire is feminine. Grammatically the badge should not be Chat Noire, but should instead be Chat Noir, or Chatte Noire. I remember posting this as a bug report back when Marleybone was in Test Realm, and again as a regular bug post after Marleybone came live.
Nice catch. Hmmm A He/she badge? You are right, that really doesn't make much sense.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
LOL XD

- Faithful Tatiana Jackson level 61 witch doctor