Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friend List Updates Please

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have mentioned this in a couple of posts but I wanted to make an official thread to address the issues I am having as to why I am requesting some tweaking for friend's lists.
1) Please can we have them bigger? I have quite a few friends just from the message boards and we all want to be friends with all our pirates so we don't miss each other when we are in the game so we can be the best available help to each other and with an average of 6 pirates on each friend it really adds up fast. Please, I need more room.
2) Please add a scroll bar so I can get to the bottom of my list quickly so I can chose from my unstarred friends when I have to delete someone to make room. Right now it is over 85 clicks just to get to the plain friends and every time I delete one the list resets right back to the beginning and I have to start clicking that 85 plus times again for every friend I add. This is really hard on the finger and to be honest I am wearing out mice and who knows what it is doing to my joints . A scroll bar would be really nice and a list that would keep my place until I close it would be truly wonderful. Even a way to just reverse the list would solve a lot of the problems. Either solution would really make my life easier.
3) This one is a bit of a stretch but it can't hurt to ask. Is there some way that can be done to indicate to me when someone private messages me that I can tell wither they have open chat or not? So many times they have to stop me and remind me that they have no idea what I just said because they have limited chat. It is easy to tell the text chatters, Can you make a way for me to know that they have open chat?
4) Muted friends. Friends that are muted tell me that they can see my text and it really makes it easier when I know I can communicate with them knowing that they just are limited in how they answer. Please, How can I tell a true Menu chatter that can only see menu speech and a muted player that can see what I say?

OK, That is my wish list. x Passes out pumpkin cheesecake & hot cornbread stuffing muffins, fresh from the bakeries of the Highlander Fox Bakeries. x
Thanks guys for considering this and any information you can give me on my frustrations. Other than that I always have such a blast playing. I just wouldn't want you to have to deal with the pressures of needing to maintain perfection. A little foible in the game process just keeps things interesting.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 23, 2013 wrote:
I have mentioned this in a couple of posts but I wanted to make an official thread to address the issues I am having as to why I am requesting some tweaking for friend's lists.
1) Please can we have them bigger? I have quite a few friends just from the message boards and we all want to be friends with all our pirates so we don't miss each other when we are in the game so we can be the best available help to each other and with an average of 6 pirates on each friend it really adds up fast. Please, I need more room.
2) Please add a scroll bar so I can get to the bottom of my list quickly so I can chose from my unstarred friends when I have to delete someone to make room. Right now it is over 85 clicks just to get to the plain friends and every time I delete one the list resets right back to the beginning and I have to start clicking that 85 plus times again for every friend I add. This is really hard on the finger and to be honest I am wearing out mice and who knows what it is doing to my joints . A scroll bar would be really nice and a list that would keep my place until I close it would be truly wonderful. Even a way to just reverse the list would solve a lot of the problems. Either solution would really make my life easier.
3) This one is a bit of a stretch but it can't hurt to ask. Is there some way that can be done to indicate to me when someone private messages me that I can tell wither they have open chat or not? So many times they have to stop me and remind me that they have no idea what I just said because they have limited chat. It is easy to tell the text chatters, Can you make a way for me to know that they have open chat?
4) Muted friends. Friends that are muted tell me that they can see my text and it really makes it easier when I know I can communicate with them knowing that they just are limited in how they answer. Please, How can I tell a true Menu chatter that can only see menu speech and a muted player that can see what I say?

OK, That is my wish list. x Passes out pumpkin cheesecake & hot cornbread stuffing muffins, fresh from the bakeries of the Highlander Fox Bakeries. x
Thanks guys for considering this and any information you can give me on my frustrations. Other than that I always have such a blast playing. I just wouldn't want you to have to deal with the pressures of needing to maintain perfection. A little foible in the game process just keeps things interesting.
Great Ideas Chrissy! My idea would be to include an "add friend" button here on the message board. When you click "add friend" on a certain players account on the message board, there will be a friend request waiting for them in the game!

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I would also like to be able to see if my friend has membership.
I would also like to be able to see every friend's class and level, or at least know why I can scan some on the list but I can't scan others.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Nov 24, 2013 wrote:
Great Ideas Chrissy! My idea would be to include an "add friend" button here on the message board. When you click "add friend" on a certain players account on the message board, there will be a friend request waiting for them in the game!
Ohhh I really like that. That's a great idea. As hard as it seems to be to manage meet up's that would solve a lot. I have even tried the friend codes but they usually time out before both ends enter the code and they never seem to work for me. Really good thinking there.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Those are some awesome suggestions Chrissy.
I would like to see a way to remove multiple players from the list at once. I think this would solve several or at least a few of the issues Chrissy has with only one change.