Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Books Comming Sooner than we think?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
As many of you may know, the test realm was just opened a few days ago. This test realm addition offered few changes, (one of which is Rooke getting a second chance chest. Yay!) most of which I believe could have been added through putting P101 offline for a few hours. At first I thought, O.K., maybe this was just slightly beyond the bandwidth of a single offline session, but just yesterday, the test realm got suspended for a week...suspicious. The test realm (from my experiences) has never gotten a suspension before, the usually just go offline at night. Also, I tested all of the additions, and didn't find a single bug, meaning that the suspension is likely not for bug fixes. To support this theory, One-Eyed Jack never said anything about bugs, but he did say, and I quote, " Any additional updates to the current Test Realm will be announced when it makes its return", meaning that more updates would be added...even more suspicious. I have a theory that will please everyone if it is true, and that is that the suspension is to implement new Books!! But why would KI release the test realm before the major update is on? simple. Loading. one of the major issues with the MB and AQ test realm was that it took a while for everyone to download it, then have everything loaded up. Releasing it a week earlier would let players download it, and let the old locations load up, while not releasing the new material all at once. To support this, it took approximately six months for the new story update to come out, and, wow, look at that! Six months have passed since MB and AQ...VERY,VERY suspicious. I could very well be wrong, but I do believe that this is what is happening and I just wanted to share my thoughts with all of you...

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I don't think we will be seeing a new book just yet. However I have a feeling something is indeed coming.

And as a side note the test realm has been suspended before on various occasions. One of the more prominent examples was when the test realm went up with the power management and benching updates and then soon after was down for several days

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
This guy probably is right. Odd that it closes but I bet One-Eyed Jack is doing one of his tricks again.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
We can always hope it is more chapters and a new level cap. Maybe they are adding something else as some kind of side activity.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Elemutation on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:
As many of you may know, the test realm was just opened a few days ago. This test realm addition offered few changes, (one of which is Rooke getting a second chance chest. Yay!) most of which I believe could have been added through putting P101 offline for a few hours. At first I thought, O.K., maybe this was just slightly beyond the bandwidth of a single offline session, but just yesterday, the test realm got suspended for a week...suspicious. The test realm (from my experiences) has never gotten a suspension before, the usually just go offline at night. Also, I tested all of the additions, and didn't find a single bug, meaning that the suspension is likely not for bug fixes. To support this theory, One-Eyed Jack never said anything about bugs, but he did say, and I quote, " Any additional updates to the current Test Realm will be announced when it makes its return", meaning that more updates would be added...even more suspicious. I have a theory that will please everyone if it is true, and that is that the suspension is to implement new Books!! But why would KI release the test realm before the major update is on? simple. Loading. one of the major issues with the MB and AQ test realm was that it took a while for everyone to download it, then have everything loaded up. Releasing it a week earlier would let players download it, and let the old locations load up, while not releasing the new material all at once. To support this, it took approximately six months for the new story update to come out, and, wow, look at that! Six months have passed since MB and AQ...VERY,VERY suspicious. I could very well be wrong, but I do believe that this is what is happening and I just wanted to share my thoughts with all of you...

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
Wow... has it really been 6 months already, mate..?

Really doesn't feel like it... if I were to guess, I'd say it's been about 3 or 4 (i could be wrong, though). Has it really been 6 months?

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Bloody Belle on Sep 13, 2013 wrote:

Really doesn't feel like it... if I were to guess, I'd say it's been about 3 or 4 (i could be wrong, though). Has it really been 6 months?
Just about. The updates for the story went live mid-May, and it was in the test realm mid-April. If we are counting by when the test came out, then one week from now, (when the suspension ends) will be exactly 6 months.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009

5 months at tops.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012

It's been 4 months since MB and AQ have been released, maybe it's a side world?

Captain
May 16, 2011
Interesting theory, Elemutation, and the new books coming out soon will be great. Guess we'l have to wait and see, won't we?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Puppylove1021 on Sep 14, 2013 wrote:
It's been 4 months since MB and AQ have been released, maybe it's a side world?
Yea or the world could be smaller so it's coming out sooner or KI just got allot of employees to speed things along.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
An update now would be a little earlier than I, at least, anticipated. We are approaching the one year birthday of Pirate101 (late October), and I have been hoping for something big then. But if KI does want to launch something big before that, it's OK with me!

-Indigo