Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

manipulaters

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
I told you earlier about these people but ban them! they manipulate so many people to gifting them they say they pay back but they dont and insult us pearl lvl 14 to be exact and my family is in sorta a tough time right now so we cant pay the debts back so plz get rid of this pirate

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
How do you manipulate someone into gifting you?

I remember one time, I was fixing to go into a dungeon and some guy jumped into the fight at the last second. I was okay with that, though. He helped me til the end and I thanked him, and added him to my friend's list. He was maxed at the time and I wasn't, so he would follow me throughout the game and help me, even though I honestly didn't need it, lol.
Any who, I got to level 59-ish and he asked me to buy him something from the Crown Shop. I told him I only had about "heaven hundred" crowns left, and he said that would be enough (i can't even remember what he wanted ). I told him no. He got mad and started throwing the fact that he helped me for nearly "heaven" levels in my face. I told him I didn't need his help to begin with, but he kept saying, "Yes you did!" and told me I had to pay him back and how if it wasn't for him, I'd wouldn't be this far, and bla da-bla da-bla, bla bla (ironically, I'd probably be further since he being there made the fights last longer ).

So I just un-friended him and ported to a different realm (catch me now, sucker lol ). If that's how they 'manipulate' people into buying for them, then that's a very, very poor strategy. Does it actually work for some people..? (not to insult, but that's kinda sad )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
That is frustrating and hard to swallow I know but it is a classic example of "Let the buyer beware". You did agree to the deal and there is no way of policing pacts made between players. Yes liars are vehemently frustrating but all you can do is learn from your mistakes and not associate with that particular pirate anymore and if it is allowed maybe you can let us know his name so that we can be warned but I do realize that that could open a Pandora's box of slander issues from not so reliable sources so that one may not work.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Not only did she manipulate but she found was around chat and insukted me with a bunch of curse words and I ran into a guy who reported me in a fight because I said to someone your gear isn't that good and he and two other guys hurt my feelings and reported me

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Bloody Belle on Aug 31, 2013 wrote:
How do you manipulate someone into gifting you?

I remember one time, I was fixing to go into a dungeon and some guy jumped into the fight at the last second. I was okay with that, though. He helped me til the end and I thanked him, and added him to my friend's list. He was maxed at the time and I wasn't, so he would follow me throughout the game and help me, even though I honestly didn't need it, lol.
Any who, I got to level 59-ish and he asked me to buy him something from the Crown Shop. I told him I only had about "heaven hundred" crowns left, and he said that would be enough (i can't even remember what he wanted ). I told him no. He got mad and started throwing the fact that he helped me for nearly "heaven" levels in my face. I told him I didn't need his help to begin with, but he kept saying, "Yes you did!" and told me I had to pay him back and how if it wasn't for him, I'd wouldn't be this far, and bla da-bla da-bla, bla bla (ironically, I'd probably be further since he being there made the fights last longer ).

So I just un-friended him and ported to a different realm (catch me now, sucker lol ). If that's how they 'manipulate' people into buying for them, then that's a very, very poor strategy. Does it actually work for some people..? (not to insult, but that's kinda sad )
They made me feel bad for them but then they lied and I wasted tons and tons of my money

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Also I got reported by this one guy cause I said to one of his friends your gear is not that good and he and too other guys got in a fight with me and I got reported! is there any threat it seems like I run into a lot of trouble
I feel like I am gonna get muted cause I run into a lot of trouble

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dante ZE pirate on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Also I got reported by this one guy cause I said to one of his friends your gear is not that good and he and too other guys got in a fight with me and I got reported! is there any threat it seems like I run into a lot of trouble
I feel like I am gonna get muted cause I run into a lot of trouble
Don't worry about getting reported falsely like that. KingsIsle reads all the chatting before and after a reported incident and the one who made the false report is the one in trouble.
When ever you see someone "finding a way around the chat filters" and cussing like that report them That is indeed a reportable offence. They do listen to them. I reported someone for their bad language and two days later they were muted. This system will work. Just don't be afraid to report someone. If they report you for doing it, they will just be in bigger trouble. You are totally safe in reporting. They cannot get you back in any way.