Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Can I Reduce FPS lag on my Game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2009
I lately been getting allot of FPS Lag in game which making all the frames in game go slowly which is getting annoying and I can't seem to found out what. Since I get on less populated Areas and Realms in Game to reduce it. Sometimes it just comes back and I need to change again and it starts all over like a cycle lol... Anyone know another solution to fix this?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I get it every once in a while. Sometimes just talking is really annoying it lags so badly. I suspect it is my internet connection that is slowed because It doesn't happen all the time.

Administrator
XSonicthewolfX on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I lately been getting allot of FPS Lag in game which making all the frames in game go slowly which is getting annoying and I can't seem to found out what. Since I get on less populated Areas and Realms in Game to reduce it. Sometimes it just comes back and I need to change again and it starts all over like a cycle lol... Anyone know another solution to fix this?
Hello! If you are experiencing lag (or slow service) within game play or it sometimes freezes up, it is important to first check a couple of things that could cause choppy game play:

1) Make sure any un-needed background applications are not running. Having multiple applications running at once can use up bandwidth, and process usage on your computer.

Maybe you need a comptuer clean-up (i.e. run a system defrag, delete some old programs &/or files, etc.)

2) Another thing to check on is your Internet connection. Slower speeds will result in choppier game play.

3) Verify that your graphics cards are in line with the system requirements.

4) Turn off your Quest Helper. You can do this through the options menu.

5) Adjust your Game options to help ease the work of your Graphics card:
- Modify the resolution to a smaller number (800 X 600 for example).
- Change the Graphics Detail setting to low
- Turn off Shadows
- Move the Particles slider to the left
- Set Geometry detail to Low
- Set Clouds to Low (this affects Skyways and small islands)
- Set Texture Detial to Low
- In Gameplay settings:
- Turn off the Companion names
- Set “Overhead Name” to Others
- Set Follower Is to No One
- Turn the Full Screen option to On.

6) Play in realms with fewer people in them. You can do this by going to the Options page and selecting the Realms tab to change to a less crowded realm (this only works if there are a lot of people around where you are).
If you are still having issues after checking all of these things, please submit a support ticket, which can be done through an email to support@pirate101.com or here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Jul 03, 2011
XSonicthewolfX on Aug 11, 2013 wrote:
I get that sometimes as well. Usually, it's some kind of issue with my computer AND my Internet. So I just restart my computer and switch to a less crowded realm like One-Eyed Jack said. If none of the stuff Jack mentioned works, it's probably just your Internet and there's nothing you can do. That happened to me yesterday and it took me an hour just to go talk to someone.

Rachel - Level 44

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
RachelTheWitchdoct... on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
I get that sometimes as well. Usually, it's some kind of issue with my computer AND my Internet. So I just restart my computer and switch to a less crowded realm like One-Eyed Jack said. If none of the stuff Jack mentioned works, it's probably just your Internet and there's nothing you can do. That happened to me yesterday and it took me an hour just to go talk to someone.

Rachel - Level 44
Wow, you poor thing. You must have the patience of a saint. x Hands goodie bag of sustaining and delicious treats direct from the bakeries of The Highlander Fox. x