Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crab Hermit Summon Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 14, 2009
The Crab Hermit's power (Summon Crustacean) summons a level 49 crustacean, this needs to be changed!
I bought mine from the crown shop today, for 4495 crowns and I'm a little disappointed in its summon :(

Ensign
May 05, 2011
I assume you mean the Swashbuckler companion in Valencia. Yeah, big mistake to buy that companion. He isnt good at all, so its kind of a waste. I suggest you should get feedback on the people who actually get the companion for free BEFORE buying it.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2009
Yes, but I would expect for the Crab summon to be at least level 55 but I suppose not. :( One-Eyed-Jack any response on this?

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
Looks like you are in a bit of a problem. That was a VERY big mistake buying the crab hermit. He is not a good companion, and just about every Swash that has him and is lvl 40+ will say the same. But his summon isnt the best summon you can get and i am not surprised by the lower lvl summon. I m sorry for your loss of crowns though.

Bristly Kevin

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
wiz11110 on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Looks like you are in a bit of a problem. That was a VERY big mistake buying the crab hermit. He is not a good companion, and just about every Swash that has him and is lvl 40+ will say the same. But his summon isnt the best summon you can get and i am not surprised by the lower lvl summon. I m sorry for your loss of crowns though.

Bristly Kevin
Indeed I agree with darken guardian and wiz11110 the crab hermit is not a good companion at all he only has two attacks his regular one and his one critical hit, his crab summon is weak and he is weak, and he does not recieve any promotions so far. I am a swashbuckler and I got him for free and I used a sleep token on him because he was one of my worst companions. You should always look into a companion you are going to buy with crowns I have bought crown companions before but I always make sure to ask other players about them before I buy it so that it doesn't end up being a useless companion. Best of luck to you and hope this does not happen again for you

Administrator
Sneaky Lucas on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
Yes, but I would expect for the Crab summon to be at least level 55 but I suppose not. :( One-Eyed-Jack any response on this?
Remember that Ratbeard has told us that the Will Score of a companion affects the level of the summoned creature. It is true that the level 67 Crab Hermit companion's summon without any talent points in Will is level 49; however, (in my experimentation) with five talent points invested in Will and a couple JuJu buffs and a Calm the Troops buff on the Crab Hermit, his summoned Crustacean was 57th level. And if you really want to get crazy . . . 2 Great JuJu, 1 Big JuJu, 1 regular JuJu, and 1 Calm the Troops buff later, my Crab Hermit's Crustacean summon was level 62!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Remember that Ratbeard has told us that the Will Score of a companion affects the level of the summoned creature. It is true that the level 67 Crab Hermit companion's summon without any talent points in Will is level 49; however, (in my experimentation) with five talent points invested in Will and a couple JuJu buffs and a Calm the Troops buff on the Crab Hermit, his summoned Crustacean was 57th level. And if you really want to get crazy . . . 2 Great JuJu, 1 Big JuJu, 1 regular JuJu, and 1 Calm the Troops buff later, my Crab Hermit's Crustacean summon was level 62!
i'm gonna try, 6 Great Juju, 2 Rallying call, a steadying speech and a calm the troops

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Excellent stuff Jack. Thank you. I always try to will buff my scratchy before I let him summon but I hadn't tried to that extent. Wow, great to know. I will save that info for when I know a battle is gonna be long. x Hands a cold yum and plate of Emma's best hawklava x