Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

can you share areas through linked accounts?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 12, 2009
hello i was wondering if you could share areas through linked accounts i checked on the faq and i saw nothing regarding that and if you dont know what i mean take this as an example for instance if i had a character who was in marleybone and one in another linked account just starting monquista will he be able to instantly access the chapters of monquista?

Ensign
Aug 30, 2009
If they have 2 different sign-ins, they each need their own paid access. If they are both under one sign in (2 of 6 you can create in your account), they can both access the paid areas.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
No you can't. Each account must either subscribe OR pay for the areas separately. Because each account is separate. Just like you cannot share items (Companions, Houses, Ships, Equipment, Gold, etc) between those accounts.

The benefits of having linked accounts are being able to share Crowns between the two and getting the lower family monthly discount plan ($6.95/mo instead of $9.95 per account).

So if you are a parent playing with a child or a hard core gamer who likes to dual box and you are wanting your pirates to quest together, then you will both have to buy those areas when it pops up on your screen. Or you can subscribe both accounts using the various pricing plans.

~SM~

First Mate
May 01, 2012
As I understand the question, Reckless Bucaneer has two different pirates in two linked accounts. In this case the linked accounts do not matter because you can only play one pirate at time on one computer and this means that the lower ranked Pirate will not have access to the higher ranked Pirate's areas. Now, if you use two different computers to play the two different accounts at the same time (linked or not), your Pirates can adventure together except where KI has prohibited lower ranked Pirates from gong. The problem is trying to play two different Pirates on two different computers (I couldn't do it due to the 30 sec. timeout).

The type of accounts do make a difference. If they are a paid accounts (ie monthly or yearly), there shouldn't be a problem. If they pay for areas (books), both pirates would have to pay for the area (books) in question.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
SlightlyMadWizard on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
As I understand the question, Reckless Bucaneer has two different pirates in two linked accounts. In this case the linked accounts do not matter because you can only play one pirate at time on one computer and this means that the lower ranked Pirate will not have access to the higher ranked Pirate's areas. Now, if you use two different computers to play the two different accounts at the same time (linked or not), your Pirates can adventure together except where KI has prohibited lower ranked Pirates from gong. The problem is trying to play two different Pirates on two different computers (I couldn't do it due to the 30 sec. timeout).

The type of accounts do make a difference. If they are a paid accounts (ie monthly or yearly), there shouldn't be a problem. If they pay for areas (books), both pirates would have to pay for the area (books) in question.
If you have more than one account then yes you can certainly play both (or seven at a time as I've done) on one computer-IF your computer can handle it.

It doesn't matter how you pay for each account. I had two that I paid for with a subscription (not linked accts) & two that I paid for with Crowns. I played all 4 at the same time on W101 & right now I dual or triple box on P101.

Reckless Bucaneer, your best bet if you have two accounts that are linked together in a family plan (with one being the Master account) is to determine HOW you play-before you pay.

Are you speedy when questing? Do you like to take your time and enjoy the game. Do you have limited time?

Crowns would be the way to go if you are a more leisurely player. This would allow you to buy each area as you need them WHEN you need them. So you can take advantage of the scenery, storyline, do some farming, etc.

A yearly sub (take advantage of the one on sale right now for $60) is also a good way to go if you want the benefits of being a member: talking here on the message boards, extra backpack space, paying gold instead of Crowns to Transportalate or reset a Companion's Epic & Talents.

If you are that speedy quester then you might want to do just a monthly membership at a time. If so and if your accounts are family linked then instead of paying $10/mo for each account, you would only pay $7/mo. You have to do both to get the discount at time of purchase or it reverts back to $10/mo.

Of course you could also just get prepaid gift cards (with a pet or accessories {bundles}) and choose to get the Crowns from their or the one or two month subscription.

Here is a link to P101's Membership info in case you need it to decide. Here is the overview to help you decide on Crowns vs Subscription.

~SM~