Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Animal companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
I feel witchdoctors are being treated unfair. We get stuck with all the animal companions, the sky snake, scorpions, crokogator, and batacuda. These companions are very bad. They learn little to no epics and can't promote. In marleybone, the other classes get good, strong companions, and we get a crocodile. I ask kings isle to stop giving witchdoctors these animal companions, or at least give us good ones, like the hydra or disklyos.

Ensign
May 13, 2011
Ooookay, Two things
1: Even though it was weak, I kept wittle Bapacuda (little batacuda) as my first mate for approx 35 lvls and kept him the same lvl as me. Just show them love and they will be strong. Plus, if you really want some good ones, get Madclaw and/or Nikeeta from the crown shop.

2: I agree that the hydra would be a great companion. But maybe a newborn hydra with only two heads: Ebon and Amethyst. The Ebon would be a and disappear after half is knocked out and be replaced with Amethyst, a with its lightning strike. After Amethyst is knocked out Ebon will come back and fight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Animal companions for witchdoctors make perfect sense. Witchdoctor's commonly have a magical animal around them called a familiar. They communicate with them and go on errands for them. Fits right in with all the legends.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
They make sense thematically, yes... but they are relatively weak. At the level you obtain them they are OK, but as you advance and other companions earn promotions, they fall steadily behind. All of my witchdoctor's animal companions are currently benched.

-Indigo

Ensign
Oct 22, 2012
I know they can be good, but I find their lack of epics getting in the way. They appear in battles when I need other, better companions the most. All other classes get really good companions, and we get these guys. I just want witchdoctors to get some better companions, not just these animals. In marleybone, we get a crocodile, and buccaneers get a tiger warrior. Does that seem fair? All I ask is for more, good companions for witchdoctors.