Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

turtle balls and the giant turtle's origin...

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i have realized how the idea of the turtle balls and the giant turtle ressemble the dragon ball story. is dragon ball what inspired the turtle balls idea?

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Vinny Ace on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
i have realized how the idea of the turtle balls and the giant turtle ressemble the dragon ball story. is dragon ball what inspired the turtle balls idea?
Everyone hates Dragonball-Z-Kai so no maybe.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Sniper Rose on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Everyone hates Dragonball-Z-Kai so no maybe.
But so many people love the original and dragon ball z. Also Dragon Ball was based off two other novels as well, Considering KI used Journey to the West for half of Mooshu's story line, they probably used the other novel for the turtle ball inspiration as well, forogt the name of the story though.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
AstroStorm on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
But so many people love the original and dragon ball z. Also Dragon Ball was based off two other novels as well, Considering KI used Journey to the West for half of Mooshu's story line, they probably used the other novel for the turtle ball inspiration as well, forogt the name of the story though.
i did not know dragon ball was based on a novel :P and its true that a lot of people likes dragon ball, it is a great part of my child hood! and i am glad that they included the turtle balls and the giant turtle cause it brought back a lot of great dragon ball memories.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
AstroStorm on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
I wonder how anyone likes Dragonball! Are you adults and seen the original and do you like the books as well? I might read them, but I'm in High School and everyone would make fun of me cause I'm reading books and they might think it's based off the TV show. It doesn't seem like a book a Teenager would read. I'm not giving out my age but I'm in the beginning of the Teenager stage.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Sniper Rose on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
I wonder how anyone likes Dragonball! Are you adults and seen the original and do you like the books as well? I might read them, but I'm in High School and everyone would make fun of me cause I'm reading books and they might think it's based off the TV show. It doesn't seem like a book a Teenager would read. I'm not giving out my age but I'm in the beginning of the Teenager stage.
i am a adult and i love japanese animes! and a lot of popular people watch it... and if people lagh at you just lagh at them cause they dont know any thing about life

Developer
Vinny Ace on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Yup. The original plan was to name them Turtle Ball A, Turtle Ball B, Turtle Ball C, and Turtle Ball Z. Somewhere along the way the idea changed.

Now the Turtle itself is just a reference to a lot of Asian mythology. It's turtles all the way down...

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Blind Mew on May 2, 2013 wrote:
Yup. The original plan was to name them Turtle Ball A, Turtle Ball B, Turtle Ball C, and Turtle Ball Z. Somewhere along the way the idea changed.

Now the Turtle itself is just a reference to a lot of Asian mythology. It's turtles all the way down...
to Earth.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Sniper Rose on Apr 30, 2013 wrote:
Dragonball was very popular back in the day, the originals where written before we were ever born, and the original mythology was written centuries back, it's a significant part of Asian culture. Anime is also on the raise, it's generally more young adult geared then most, since most of them promote life lessons and character connections that younder audience wouldn't consider. It's alright if yourself don't enjoy it, it's a matter of opinion and taste.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Blind Mew on May 2, 2013 wrote:

i find this brilliant! you guys should of make bosses similar to dragon ball like frieza and vegeta or picolo ! haha i dont know how i remember all these names after so many years! thats what i ment about the turtle balls bringing back good memories!