Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New twist to Moo Manchu's epic final battle

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed battling Moo Manchu, but I feel his final battle in the Tomb of Kow Cheng instance, during the quest, "The Tomb of Kow Cheng", needs to have a new, interesting twist added to the Epic Battle. It feels a bit too easy to battle one of MooShu's greatest and powerful threats in only one form. I'm thinking of the new twist being the Boss Enemy, Moo Manchu, transforming into a big monster, making it his second and final form. Some Pirates had thought that Moo Manchu would turn into a monster after his defeat. That gave me this great suggestion about Moo Manchu formed inside my head. After bringing his health down to zero once in his first form, have Moo Manchu perform a sacred sacrificial ritual that consumes all of his surviving, yet remaining summoned thugs and monsters aiding him, absorbing more than enough power to Moo Manchu, commencing his transformation into a larger, beast-like form, making Moo Manchu into a more powerful and dangerous threat than ever before, and his twisted, monstrous form does not, I repeat, does NOT, need to look like the other Helephant Onis seen in MooShu on both games. Much too common. His second and final form needs to look much more unique than the other monsters by far. After his transformation, he summons some more monsters to help him, but are much more powerful and dangerous than the previous ones that helped Moo Manchu. Think of this as an immediate second phase to Moo Manchu that continues the boss fight. Also, add in some new companion dialogue from one of the MooShu 5 before the second phase of the epic battle begins. That's my suggestion. Very interesting, no? I would like to see that worked in a future game update real soon! I really would! Thanks for listening!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Trimond297 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
I enjoyed battling Moo Manchu, but I feel his final battle in the Tomb of Kow Cheng instance, during the quest, "The Tomb of Kow Cheng", needs to have a new, interesting twist added to the Epic Battle. It feels a bit too easy to battle one of MooShu's greatest and powerful threats in only one form. I'm thinking of the new twist being the Boss Enemy, Moo Manchu, transforming into a big monster, making it his second and final form. Some Pirates had thought that Moo Manchu would turn into a monster after his defeat. That gave me this great suggestion about Moo Manchu formed inside my head. After bringing his health down to zero once in his first form, have Moo Manchu perform a sacred sacrificial ritual that consumes all of his surviving, yet remaining summoned thugs and monsters aiding him, absorbing more than enough power to Moo Manchu, commencing his transformation into a larger, beast-like form, making Moo Manchu into a more powerful and dangerous threat than ever before, and his twisted, monstrous form does not, I repeat, does NOT, need to look like the other Helephant Onis seen in MooShu on both games. Much too common. His second and final form needs to look much more unique than the other monsters by far. After his transformation, he summons some more monsters to help him, but are much more powerful and dangerous than the previous ones that helped Moo Manchu. Think of this as an immediate second phase to Moo Manchu that continues the boss fight. Also, add in some new companion dialogue from one of the MooShu 5 before the second phase of the epic battle begins. That's my suggestion. Very interesting, no? I would like to see that worked in a future game update real soon! I really would! Thanks for listening!
This is an...interesting idea, however, I have to soundly disagree with this completely. First off, the Moo Manchu quest line was a side quest. It's not mandatory to do it so why does it need to be any harder even if he is a powerful warlord? I think also, what you're saying is a bit much for this quest. I mean think about it. At the point where we do beat Moo Manchu, we would have used about all of your powers to beat him. How can you defeat him swiftly, or without spending over an hour, to defeat him without Epics? Also dispite the fact that Oni's have been 'overused', that is a consistant factor that has happened since Wizard101 MooShu and, honestly, no warlords turned into anything outside of Onis (not at all in Pirate10, mostly for the fact that outer MooShu does not deal in as potent magic as Wizard101.) I dunno if Hoodoo is even powerful enough to transform someone into another form.

This may be a pretty good idea, however, I think it will only please a few. I dont mind challenge or long hard battles, but I dont want to see a sudden outbreak of those "X Boss Impossible!" topics popping up on Pirate101. I can't stand that as it is on Wizard101.

Community Leader
Interesting idea.
Keep in mind this isnt Wizard101, we do NOT see the level/forms of magic in Pirate101, that we observed in Wizard101 (a land of wizards and magic).

I also think we should keep in mind that these quests are part of the first chapters of the Pirate101 saga. I dont think they need be any more challenging than they already are.

Maybe there could be a reemergence of this boss at a later point in the overall game/story/saga.

What the game doesnt need at this point is to be more challenging, or more difficult.
Ease/casual play and not being like other MMORGs is part of what has made KI successful, and has kept me a KI customer.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
He's a side quest boss and isn't mandatory. There's no need to add anymore of a challenge to that side questline. Maybe in a future update he returns in another side quest seeking revenge, but I'm not really a fan of your idea...

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
I agree, it is a side quest. i don't even know where to get it! But it is probably obviously in Khotan. The stressed importance on this battle should be debated on whether it should be an epic battle or not. To do something like that should be reserved for the main questline.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 7, 2013 wrote:
I can see where your going with this but a few problems and one of them that has been discussed really bothered me. I'm actually working on the moo Manchu quest right now and when you said when we kill moo Manchu he turns into an even more powerful stronger monster and someone else noticed this your saying after we've gotten beaten down (because the MS enemies are much stronger and tougher than others) we have to do all over again but this time they are even stronger and tougher than before while we have lost health and have almost run out of all of our special powers that would make it hard to basically do the same thing two times but have a much bigger disadvantage the second. And for a swashbuckler like me 75% of my companions are swashbucklers and though they may do a lot of damage they have 45% of our health so with hard enemies like that it would be extremely hard for me to do that. So maybe instead of him turning into a bigger monster he could escape when his health is very low and we finish off the rest of the enemies then he realizes he and his forces aren't strong enough to handle the pirate and his crew so he finds a witchdoctor that can make him and his allies stronger to handle us so we get to him during the ritual the witchdoctor does to grant Manchu's wish but instead turns him into the jade oni and his forces become aztecan dinosaur warriors and then we fight him in a big epic battle. after we defeat him his oni spirit goes inside that oblesk or whatever it is called and that is how the wizard finds it in wizard101. So what do you think people

Find me in the game
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 49