Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Louis Le Bisque

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
To be honest, I never really liked Louis for most of the game, but since I maxed him I gave him another chance and he has redeemed himself. Now that I'm paying more attention to him one particular question about him has been bugging me. I don't remember Louis' promo quests too well because I did them a while ago, but I do think he says he's from Valencia? At least, he seems to know his way around there, especially Sivella; plus, he's a crab, and I believe that is their homeland. If Louis is Valencian, how come he doesn't have an Italian accent like the Valencians have? Sure, I guess, if he's been away a long time he might have lost it (apparently Birgus is from Valencia too but he doesn't sound Valencian at all) but then where did he pick up that really strong French accent and name? If I recall correctly, French/Russian things are associated with Polaris. I don't know if that issue ever comes up in any of his promo quests, as I said it's been a while since I have done them, they seemed kind of anti-personal to me, usually just getting him a new gun or powder or the like. Does anyone happen to know if they ever shed any light on that or plan to in the future? I feel as though my crustaceous friend has much more to him than I thought.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
Captain McGeefus on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
To be honest, I never really liked Louis for most of the game, but since I maxed him I gave him another chance and he has redeemed himself. Now that I'm paying more attention to him one particular question about him has been bugging me. I don't remember Louis' promo quests too well because I did them a while ago, but I do think he says he's from Valencia? At least, he seems to know his way around there, especially Sivella; plus, he's a crab, and I believe that is their homeland. If Louis is Valencian, how come he doesn't have an Italian accent like the Valencians have? Sure, I guess, if he's been away a long time he might have lost it (apparently Birgus is from Valencia too but he doesn't sound Valencian at all) but then where did he pick up that really strong French accent and name? If I recall correctly, French/Russian things are associated with Polaris. I don't know if that issue ever comes up in any of his promo quests, as I said it's been a while since I have done them, they seemed kind of anti-personal to me, usually just getting him a new gun or powder or the like. Does anyone happen to know if they ever shed any light on that or plan to in the future? I feel as though my crustaceous friend has much more to him than I thought.
um i rember louie le bisque becomes a crab gunner thats i know aboult his promition

Ensign
Feb 12, 2012
I think the only things in valencia are: a: clockworks b: crabs c:unicorns, but thats all i know

Developer
Captain McGeefus on Apr 3, 2013 wrote:
Louis is indeed from Valencia. Why then, does he have such an outrageous French accent? Well, back when the character was first conceived, his name (derived from not one but TWO crab dishes) implied that he needed to feel as French as possible. So his voice is the way it is because it's funny.

Much like Gandry, I expect he spent a long time in Polaris - perhaps he was raised there, only returning to Valencia in adulthood, and turning to a life of piracy not long after.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
PiratePoster on Apr 9, 2013 wrote:
I think the only things in valencia are: a: clockworks b: crabs c:unicorns, but thats all i know
And guinea pigs