Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tribal Crew Pack Companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Okay, first...I'll never admit to exactly how much money I've spent on tribal crew packs...the amount is really ridiculous. Let's just say I've spent way too much and leave it at that...but hey, it was my choice. Still I've managed to acquire two of the pack companions, and they're both very cool. So what's my problem? Well, one of them really fits in really well with his crew...but sadly the other just doesn't fit in with his crew's theme (yeah, I like to build my crews around 'themes').

I'm just suggesting to KI that at least with pack companions (since they are sooooo incredibly rare), could you make them like the ninja pig, where you get to choose which crew you assign them to? The second crewmate would have been perfect for another of my crews, but clearly with such a random and rare chance of getting any pack crewmate, you just can't anticipate which of your pirates is going to get lucky when you take a chance on a pack.

Anyways...I have yet to see anyone else with a tribal pack crewmate running around...anyone else get lucky?

Ensign
Jan 03, 2013
I have been INCREDIBLY lucky with my swashbuckler pirate (now at level 43)... I have all 5 tribal companions!!!! And no, I will also not reveal how much I've spent! ;-) However, I am a little disappointed in them to tell you the truth. I would have liked to see these companions have extraordinary skills/talents because they are so incredibly rare. They really don't have much more than regular companions and don't have the big hits. I put them at the top of my companion list (to show them off of course!) but I'm thinking I should probably lower them - after everything I've been through to get them that sucks! I would like to see them with truly amazing skills like a volcano hit that damages ALL enemies on the playing field are something to that affect. PS I also really HATE the little dance that the petro vindicator does after a kill (KI check spelling on his name BTW I think you have a typo?)... does he really have to do the goofy little side step? I would expect the tribal crew to be fierce as they are fearsome dinosaurs after all!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
del reo rebel on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
I have been INCREDIBLY lucky with my swashbuckler pirate (now at level 43)... I have all 5 tribal companions!!!! And no, I will also not reveal how much I've spent! ;-) However, I am a little disappointed in them to tell you the truth. I would have liked to see these companions have extraordinary skills/talents because they are so incredibly rare. They really don't have much more than regular companions and don't have the big hits. I put them at the top of my companion list (to show them off of course!) but I'm thinking I should probably lower them - after everything I've been through to get them that sucks! I would like to see them with truly amazing skills like a volcano hit that damages ALL enemies on the playing field are something to that affect. PS I also really HATE the little dance that the petro vindicator does after a kill (KI check spelling on his name BTW I think you have a typo?)... does he really have to do the goofy little side step? I would expect the tribal crew to be fierce as they are fearsome dinosaurs after all!
Really? You don't like his dance? Great another thing to add to "the list"
I really like Itzen Kaan's dance. I think it's funny. My brother and I main a little song for his dance: "Itz! Itz! Itzen Kaan!" lol They don't all have to be some fiercesome victory (that's kinda stereotypical of Aztecasaurs/ Dinosaurs no?). I think he adds the sense of fun compared to Hukun's brutality or Kawil's vicious swiftness. Also Itzen Kaan's name is actually supposed to be spelled like that. You don't pronounce like 'can' it's more like 'con'.
I wouldn't get too down in the dumps about them. You wanted them, you got them all (which is more than anyone else I've seen lol) so I wouldn't really complain or look down on them. Plus they are side Companions. Granted they're stronger than most but even I wouldn't expect them to be better than the Mooshu 5 or Kraken 5. Itzen Kaan has a strong heal plus Battle Zeal! People dream over El Toro for his overused Esprite de Corps when Battle Zeal is stronger. Itzen is perfect for PvP as far as boosting the team.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think some wonderful person at KI changed the odds on the tribal pack for the companions. I too am ashamed to admit the insane amount of money I have spent on tribal packs and I only got two companions on the day of release and then nothing. BUT....... A friend told me he got three of them last night, so I tried my luck again and with the hassle of making room for all the goodies and selling them and putting things in my houses I also managed to get THREE of them last night and today . I didn't get all five types, I am missing the one with all the feathers and I got two of the turtle type ones but I am ecstatic about this . Finally each of my five pirates now has one. I may keep trying for that last one but if I don't get it I won't be too put off. I am just so thankful for whoever changed the odds so that we can finally get them. You made my month and then some. After all the money I know you make from us trying and failing again to get the good stuff from the packs, you reached out and rewarded us for our hanging in there and supporting your fine company. Your generosity is so refreshing and blissfully received. It has been one lucky day for this pirate. I was helping a friend farm ship bosses to raise his nautical xp and we got two Horn of Ra in a five minute span. One from the amber hoard boss and one from the ninja pig boss . It took me months of trying to get my first horn of RA. Your changing of the odds, or some of us have just had an awesomely lucky day, had renewed my faith in companies that still love to please their customers.
Well Done Kings Isle. Very Well Done.

Administrator
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I think some wonderful person at KI changed the odds on the tribal pack for the companions. I too am ashamed to admit the insane amount of money I have spent on tribal packs and I only got two companions on the day of release and then nothing. BUT....... A friend told me he got three of them last night, so I tried my luck again and with the hassle of making room for all the goodies and selling them and putting things in my houses I also managed to get THREE of them last night and today . I didn't get all five types, I am missing the one with all the feathers and I got two of the turtle type ones but I am ecstatic about this . Finally each of my five pirates now has one. I may keep trying for that last one but if I don't get it I won't be too put off. I am just so thankful for whoever changed the odds so that we can finally get them. You made my month and then some. After all the money I know you make from us trying and failing again to get the good stuff from the packs, you reached out and rewarded us for our hanging in there and supporting your fine company. Your generosity is so refreshing and blissfully received. It has been one lucky day for this pirate. I was helping a friend farm ship bosses to raise his nautical xp and we got two Horn of Ra in a five minute span. One from the amber hoard boss and one from the ninja pig boss . It took me months of trying to get my first horn of RA. Your changing of the odds, or some of us have just had an awesomely lucky day, had renewed my faith in companies that still love to please their customers.
Well Done Kings Isle. Very Well Done.
Actually, odds have never been adjusted on the Tribal Crew Pack, but congratulations just the same Enjoy those awesome companions.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
galliard1 on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:
Okay, first...I'll never admit to exactly how much money I've spent on tribal crew packs...the amount is really ridiculous. Let's just say I've spent way too much and leave it at that...but hey, it was my choice. Still I've managed to acquire two of the pack companions, and they're both very cool. So what's my problem? Well, one of them really fits in really well with his crew...but sadly the other just doesn't fit in with his crew's theme (yeah, I like to build my crews around 'themes').

I'm just suggesting to KI that at least with pack companions (since they are sooooo incredibly rare), could you make them like the ninja pig, where you get to choose which crew you assign them to? The second crewmate would have been perfect for another of my crews, but clearly with such a random and rare chance of getting any pack crewmate, you just can't anticipate which of your pirates is going to get lucky when you take a chance on a pack.

Anyways...I have yet to see anyone else with a tribal pack crewmate running around...anyone else get lucky?
Okay first i was really really lucky to have at least like three of them, all i'm missing is the swashbuckler one, and the witchdoctor one. but i only had to spent like near eighty thousand to get them ( or less i forgot) still it was pretty amazing i got them

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
galliard1 on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:

Really well the first try I bought my tribal crew pack I got a companion itzen kaan and he is really good too so it just depends on luck in my case I was extremely lucky.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
WyvernBlaze on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Okay first i was really really lucky to have at least like three of them, all i'm missing is the swashbuckler one, and the witchdoctor one. but i only had to spent like near eighty thousand to get them ( or less i forgot) still it was pretty amazing i got them
Finally i get the swashbuckler guy, but all my luck depends on the very last one: the witch doctor one. Now i have four of them

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
del reo rebel on Apr 12, 2013 wrote:
If the companions in the Tribal Crew Pack were a lot better than other companions, it would have been like a Pay-To-Win game, and KI has very clearly stated several times that they don't want it to be Pay-To-Win.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
Really? You don't like his dance? Great another thing to add to "the list"
I really like Itzen Kaan's dance. I think it's funny. My brother and I main a little song for his dance: "Itz! Itz! Itzen Kaan!" lol They don't all have to be some fiercesome victory (that's kinda stereotypical of Aztecasaurs/ Dinosaurs no?). I think he adds the sense of fun compared to Hukun's brutality or Kawil's vicious swiftness. Also Itzen Kaan's name is actually supposed to be spelled like that. You don't pronounce like 'can' it's more like 'con'.
I wouldn't get too down in the dumps about them. You wanted them, you got them all (which is more than anyone else I've seen lol) so I wouldn't really complain or look down on them. Plus they are side Companions. Granted they're stronger than most but even I wouldn't expect them to be better than the Mooshu 5 or Kraken 5. Itzen Kaan has a strong heal plus Battle Zeal! People dream over El Toro for his overused Esprite de Corps when Battle Zeal is stronger. Itzen is perfect for PvP as far as boosting the team.
Wait wait wait, what! itzen i have has call to arms but i see no battle zeal! must this be a darn glitch? >:( i don't know but please you got to be kidding me, i do not see a battle zeal on my itzen, but perhaps you are wrong? Or is itzen's glitched for me? Silver Griffin Xiriga lvl 65