Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

3 companions or two v 4 mobs?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
Against 3 Aztecosaur mummy's and a blood lord. (when you have to hit the idols at level 31 for the marleybone guys lost below at the hideout).

First- i got myself and 2 companions.)
Second - i got myself and 3 companions

This is not the only instance where the number of companions can change - in an instanced sigil fight.

Now is this a bug? or does the game literally make a decision to give you 2 or 3 companions. So sometimes Battles are set up to be UNFAIR before they start?

Interesting, i came across at early levels but never thought any more about it, funny how prevalent something becomes later on due to the "fun" of some battles

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
deplorable on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
Against 3 Aztecosaur mummy's and a blood lord. (when you have to hit the idols at level 31 for the marleybone guys lost below at the hideout).

First- i got myself and 2 companions.)
Second - i got myself and 3 companions

This is not the only instance where the number of companions can change - in an instanced sigil fight.

Now is this a bug? or does the game literally make a decision to give you 2 or 3 companions. So sometimes Battles are set up to be UNFAIR before they start?

Interesting, i came across at early levels but never thought any more about it, funny how prevalent something becomes later on due to the "fun" of some battles
Pretty common, it happens a lot also in Moshuu (like vs Moo Manchu you will praise for only 3 terracotta ), i think is casual or if i am not wrong depends on class, i had read somewhere for example that Privateers usually get balanced fights since companion administration is one of their "skills", but i could be wrong, if an admin could confirm it would be nice.

Anytime... 3 or 4 or even 5!!! (i still have nightmares for fights with 5 terracottas lol), the tactic is always the same: focus, focus and focus .

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Whenever i fight unfair or uneven fights, i generally try to split apart my crew and the enemies then come back around to focus on them one at a time. I think it's suppose to be the challenge like how in wizard101 we were just one wizard fighting two enemies at once, it kinda has to be uneven to make it a challenging fight.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
If you don't like how a fight is going or starting (example: when you need to farm 4 mobs and instead appears 3, or if you want less adds), just logoff and login back, you will be at 1 life point, then just heal and return back, pay attention if you do this trick in areas crowded by mobs since if you would not be quick you would be again in fight with 1 life point :P (same for boss battles if you are too much near on where the boss stay when you run to him).