Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Hat Trick

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 08, 2009
Ensign
Nov 27, 2010
Morning!

I'm currently attempting to complete The Hat Trick quest given to me by Mordekai. I've now lost count of the number of Armada ships I've battled in order to try and pick up the final trophy without success. Normally I dislike the comments regarding drop rates as I realise it's a fresh roll of the dice every time, but I'm starting to suspect this might be a glitch with the game.

I shall plough on regardless as I am desperate to finish this quest, but am curious to know whether anyone else has had this issue or whether it's a known fault!

Cheers,
--memmarmite

Developer
I finished it myself just yesterday, so I don't think there's a bug.

Make sure you're sinking Armada ships in the right skyway. Read the quest text and follow the helper arrow.

If you sink an Armada ship and it doesn't at least say, "DID NOT COLLECT..." then you're not attacking the right ships.

Community Leader
For the third ship you'll need to access the Valencian skyway - I forget its exact name, it starts with A - and follow your quest arrow to the Armada ships there. I missed that hat on my first try but got it on the second one.

If you don't get at least a "did not collect" message you're fighting the wrong ships.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Nov 27, 2010
Evening!

Following my earlier post I've finally managed to retrieve the item in question from those pesky Armada ships. It was no easy feat. It has taken me ALL DAY though - I suspect I've simply been terribly unlucky!

Ensign
Mar 29, 2009
I finished that quest today, i had the same problem that every time i defeated an armada ship i would fail to collect until i just changed tactic and i boarded an armada ship and after the hand to hand combat at the ship i received the hat so i think in order to get it you have to board on the ship and defeat them, not defeat them in ship combat