Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Orchid Chameleon Drop

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2010
I have beaten Fin Dorsal (Skull Island) about five times now. I've gotten about three Fin's Cutters and all I want is the Orchid Chamelon. I can't seem to get it. I either get gold or I get the Fin's Cutters. Can anyone tell me the drop rate of the Orchid Chamelon? I'm getting really tired of beating him.
Clever Cole,
Level 11 Privateer.

Petty Officer
Apr 04, 2011
the drop rates for pets are really rare. but if your lucky, like me, you would get it on your third try. :P

Brave Jonathan level 12

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I got my Chameleon from one of the Rat Pack fights.

Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I got one chameleon on fight 6 and then switched characters. That one did 21 fights before I got bored and stopped farming him for the chameleon, which I didn't get on the 2nd character. Pets are always rare drops.

Ensign
Jun 17, 2010
as I said in the other post about this pet drop, I got lucky and two dropped from Buster Crab for me on my Privateer which was my first character I made when the game started. Granted I abadoned him for my musketeer when I hit Cool Ranch but still I got rather lucky and put both pets in my shared bank.

Community Leader
Anybody after the chameleon I would say just follow the normal quest line, and once through Skull Island if you havent received one, backtrack bosses in that area.

The chameleon IMO is the most common pet drop, I have more chameleons than my up to 6 pirates can use. Hopefully we will be able to let these loose in our homes soon, like pets in wizards (and hopefully mounts too).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Community Leader
Dr Zeppers on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
Anybody after the chameleon I would say just follow the normal quest line, and once through Skull Island if you havent received one, backtrack bosses in that area.

The chameleon IMO is the most common pet drop, I have more chameleons than my up to 6 pirates can use. Hopefully we will be able to let these loose in our homes soon, like pets in wizards (and hopefully mounts too).
That would look like quite the infestation!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
I would say you are just luckier than most then. Both my kids have completed Skull Island on multiple characters and neither has received a chameleon. Son farmed Fin Dorsal for 2 hours without getting one. As I said, pets are a rare drop. Some people just get them more frequently than mere chance suggests they should. Myself, I am loving my chameleon. He seems a bit brighter than the pets in beta were and likes to target the enemy with the lowest health. I have screen shots of him taking down several bosses because of that. I still hope to aquire some additional pets, but at least I have him.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
The Helpful Pirate on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
I got my Chameleon from one of the Rat Pack fights.
ya me too but from some rats that werent involved in the rat pack they were in a side quest from someone in scrimshaw

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
cps2001 on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
I have beaten Fin Dorsal (Skull Island) about five times now. I've gotten about three Fin's Cutters and all I want is the Orchid Chamelon. I can't seem to get it. I either get gold or I get the Fin's Cutters. Can anyone tell me the drop rate of the Orchid Chamelon? I'm getting really tired of beating him.
Clever Cole,
Level 11 Privateer.
Fight Buster Crab. He can drop the Orchid Chameleon and also a TON of very good armor. If not him then fight Fin in Gullet. That is who I got mine from.
Bristly Kevin