Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do crown ship parts ever drop in the game?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'd like to think that they do. Those who buy ships and fully equip them from the crown shop would most likely do so whether the parts dropped in the game or not cause they would rather spend to get great stuff immediately rather than having to work for anything. Some of the rest of us simply enjoy trying to get the good drops through hard word and perservation. I'd like to know if crown ship parts ever fall in the game.

Community Leader
seasnake on Oct 31, 2012 wrote:
I'd like to think that they do. Those who buy ships and fully equip them from the crown shop would most likely do so whether the parts dropped in the game or not cause they would rather spend to get great stuff immediately rather than having to work for anything. Some of the rest of us simply enjoy trying to get the good drops through hard word and perservation. I'd like to know if crown ship parts ever fall in the game.
I have farmed for hours, decent equipment is dropped if you know the right ships to farm for the ship gear you need, but I have never seen any equivalents to the crown gear drop. The crown gear is always just a little better. Often the same/similar items drop, but crown gear has slightly better stats (usually hull repair rate). As for "hard work and perservation", this is a computer game. I put in hard work to pay for the pleasure of playing this game. That is where the hard work should end, my IRL occupation. I play this game for fun, entertainment, and relaxation. The last thing I need is for something real hard to frustrate me while im trying to relax. I am a long time KI game player, and I have easily justified spending a few thousand crowns on ship gear because I am not spending an occasional 400 crowns on a henchmen like I might in Wizard101.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
The crown gear is better than any drops in the game. However, the drops in the game are pretty good and will definitely get you by for what you need to do.

Maybe some drops look like some of the crown gear, but the stats will not be the same.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I never bought any crown ship parts. I outfit my ship only with drops from other ship.

But I did receive a crown wheel back in Monquista. But since then I have yet to see another crown part drop.

So, ultra rare. xD

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
My anchor I've found is the equivilent to the best anchor in the crown shop, only difference is that it is level 48 nautical but all the other stats are exactly the same. I"d like to believe that this will hold true with all the other parts as well, that you can still get them as drops but only with a higher nautical.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I have also gotten a figurehead as a drop that was exactly the same as a figurehead sold in the crown shop.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
I had the horn of the great serpent which is the best horn in the crown shop drop off jade fleet tonight.

Community Leader
Baconnaise on Jan 31, 2013 wrote:
I had the horn of the great serpent which is the best horn in the crown shop drop off jade fleet tonight.
Are its stats the same?

In my experience there are "equivalents" to crown items that drop, but they are not quite as good as their crown equivalent. Usually either a statistical difference (such as hull repair rate), or a level/nautical level requirement difference (like maybe the drop requires level 48 nautical, whereas the crown version only 44).

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV