Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what exactly does galant defense do?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 04, 2008
If anyone can tell me how to use Gallant Defense that would be great. I have yet to see the move and have spent days trying different senerios trying to get it to work. Probably some small i am missing. Thanks for any replys.

Administrator
Hi! Gallant Defense is currently bugged and isn't working properly. We have it scheduled to be fixed soon. Sorry for the confusion!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 04, 2008
Any chance you could give me a time frame on when they might fix it?

Ensign
Mar 04, 2011
I have just learnt galant defense for a swashbuckler character and i haven't figured out what to do with it. If anyone knows please post.

Administrator
Merged these threads. See message above.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2011
thanks for the info one-eyed jack, please inform me when it is working properly

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
It has been several days now. Has that little issue been fixed?

Ensign
Dec 06, 2009
I have been scratching my head over this power and I've officially given up trying to figure it out on my own.

The description says that it intercepts an attack on an ally.

What this means to me is that it would cause an enemy to ignore my ally entirely, or ignore my ally and target my pirate instead.

What I am finding is that after applying this power, my companion is attacked regardless. Now, my first assumption was that my pirate must be within range of the attacker, but even in this scenario the result is the same...my companion is targeted.

This seems like a bit of a useless power in my opinion, am I using it wrong?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Since One Eyed Jack did not officially respond telling us that this issue has been fixed, I am assuming that it is still not working.

The way I picture it in my head is if that power is used on an adjacent ally, the damage is automatically done to the swashbuckler, not the ally, but the adjacent unit would have been targeted and attacked.

Community Leader
Either Gallant Defense isn't working as intended, or I'm doing it wrong. I use the skill, I see the special effect telling me it's in play, then... nothing. I have yet to see anything that tells me I've just defended a companion or ally.

Am I missing something? Is there anything that tells you it's actually worked, or does the attack that might have been aimed at them just get targeted to you without fanfare? Because if that's the case, then I'm calling this one kinda lame.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
This is what one-eyed jack said in another thread about this in case you haven't seen it yet.

Hi! Gallant Defense is currently bugged and isn't working properly. We have it scheduled to be fixed soon. Sorry for the confusion!

Ensign
May 15, 2011
Ensign
May 04, 2010
It's been bugged since launch. Hope it's fixed before too long.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
One Eyed Jack's most recent statement about that issue was that this power was bugged.

I am sure that this is being addressed and fixed.

Administrator
Merged two threads here . . . trying to keep the info all together.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
As One-Eyed Jack has stated, this power is bugged and I am sure he will keep us all updated and let us know when it is fixed. Let us all please not start multiple threads on the same problem.

Also, keep reading update notes to see if the issue is fixed, so you might know before it is posted.

Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
Merged two threads here . . . trying to keep the info all together.
Gotcha! Thanks for the info. I missed the other thread, sorry about that.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2011
has the bug been fixed in the test realm?

Administrator
Gallant defense was not updated in the latest update to the game. Hang in there! It's on the list!

Ensign
Mar 09, 2011
I got the move Gallant Defense for Swashbucklers.

I tried it in battle to try to figure it out and a bunch of sword clashed and the word "BLOCKED" came up.

what does it mean?

Silver Evan Holystone
Swashbuckler

Ensign
Jun 19, 2009
I hope it gets fixed soon since it is almost 2 weeks since One Eyed Jack made the last post regarding this. It's disappointing to have to discard the move every time you see it.

Well, a good thing to do is to watch this thread to know when it will be fixed.

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah,it doesn't do anything...but,well,everything has it's bugs.

En garde!

Ensign
Mar 04, 2011
Developer
I can't say if it will be in the next patch or not (that's for Jack to say) but I can tell you the intended functionality:

1) You cast Gallant Defense on yourself (not on a target). This puts the Gallant Defense "aura" around your character.

2) For the duration of the effect, if an attack is launched at an ally adjacent to you, if you could have been the target instead, the attack will target you. You become a magnet for attacks-- melee, ranged, even magic.

It's risky-- but it shouldn't be too risky for a Swashbuckler. Swashbucklers are plenty dodgy.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
Rat beard! haven't seen you in a while after you checked on captain fowl, the one who slipped poison to you,
in Fort Elena.
En Garde!