Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

equipment

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 07, 2011
i sure hope there will be more options for equipment in both the shops in Pirtate 101 and in the crowns shop. it is very very limited at this point.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You don't mention the type of ship that you are talking about.

From what I have seen, most if not all of what we need is found in the game. At least I haven't had any problems in that regard.

Level 26 Privateer in Cool Ranch.

Community Leader
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
You don't mention the type of ship that you are talking about.

From what I have seen, most if not all of what we need is found in the game. At least I haven't had any problems in that regard.

Level 26 Privateer in Cool Ranch.
I agree about not having any problems with equipment. It seems that right when I am thinking "gee, I could use a new whatever right about now", I'll come across a vendor selling it or an new version will be awarded from a quest.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Developer
Talkin The Plank on Oct 23, 2012 wrote:
I agree about not having any problems with equipment. It seems that right when I am thinking "gee, I could use a new whatever right about now", I'll come across a vendor selling it or an new version will be awarded from a quest.
Obviously, that's my goal.

And I think part of the problem might be that not everyone really knows what to shop for yet.

When I first started playing, I was looking for Damage, Damage, and more Damage. (Ok, I still do that, a bit.)

And then I was all about Armor.

Now I'm playing a Swashbuckler and I've realized how valuable Dodge is.

As the game matures and you guys start sharing strategies here and at other fan sites, you may find your shopping/gear strategies changing as well.

And last but not least, I am as eager as all of you to see a player Bazaar in the game! Once you guys are able to pool your loot resources, you will have a much better picture of the overall state of equipment.

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Oct 24, 2012 wrote:

And I think part of the problem might be that not everyone really knows what to shop for yet.

When I first started playing, I was looking for Damage, Damage, and more Damage. (Ok, I still do that, a bit.)

As the game matures and you guys start sharing strategies here and at other fan sites, you may find your shopping/gear strategies changing as well.

And last but not least, I am as eager as all of you to see a player Bazaar in the game! Once you guys are able to pool your loot resources, you will have a much better picture of the overall state of equipment.
I too look forward to seeing the bazaar, but at the moment, I am almost enjoying it not being there. Right now we are playing the game exactly as intended by the developers as far as how difficult certain encounters are and what gear you have at your disposal to tackle that difficulty. You may get a lucky drop here and there that fits your needs, but for the most part, you follow the progression of gear that was designed for.

At least for my first character, this is refreshing. Once the AH is added, it changes the economy as you have another potential source for income. Also, by then there will be plenty of players at the gold cap looking to kit out their next character who have money to spend above and beyond what the best items should be worth, driving the prices up. Like I said, it will be interesting to see the new dynamics introduced by the bazaar, but for now, I don't mind not having it yet.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Aug 05, 2012
I'd like to see more choppy/smashy weapons added. I think of things like a 2H giant swordfish for choppy and a hammerhead shark for smashy ^.^ A little more variety is needed although I do love my boarding axe.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010

Ratbeard is so right on this one. Swashbucklers are NOTHING without dodge and HP. I am a Swashbuckler and my equipment focus is on three things Agility, Dodge, and Health. Anything else I get is just a bonus. Agility gives my weapon an attack bonus on top of increasing Stabby and Slashy bonuses from trainers (secondary is Privateer) giving me profound damage so I don't need any damage increasing armor, Dodge is great because you get dodge bonuses from the Swashbuckler teacher on top of the starting dodge bonus for being a Swashbuckler. Though at 56% dodge I'm still vulnerable to high accuracy monsters so I like having hp bonuses for those difficult battles.

My character is truly worthy of the title "Captain," I am more powerful then all of my companions because of the bonuses I have even if my damage is lower then some. Even when all my companions are K.O.ed I find myself still killing four monsters at a time with just my pirate so I am doing something right!

Can't wait for the Bazaar though it would make things better. BTW Ratbeard, you can have as much damage as you like but if you can't hit me whats it worth eh? =P

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011

You are so right, Ratbeard!

In Beta, I was doing a lot of testing with different pirates. Now that it's live, I still find I change my strategies and stats to see what combinations work best for me and how I play.

I'm having way too much fun finding out what I can do with the different classes of pirates. Of course, it's important to find gear with the best stats, but I gotta look good, too!

Lazy Lenora Leech
Buccaneer L50
Nautical L50