Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting VERY tired of this...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 20, 2011
I'm getting very tired of beating on ships in broadside combat that are a tough fight, only to have them get that "no hitting" symbol over them when they're about dead. You know the one I mean, the one with the circle and the line through it like the old "no smoking" signs. It's happened nearly every time I fight a tougher opponent. I end up moving in a tight circle to get away from their inevitable boarding and then suddenly, they get a "get out of jail free card". How can I stop them from doing this? What causes it? I try to keep them close to their "spawn point" and I simply maneuver to avoid boarding.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2012
I thought that symbol meant someone has already boarded the ship, so you can no longer fight in broadside combat. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only time I have personally seen that, I've had the option to "join combat" and nothing else.

Administrator
It sounds like you've pulled a ship beyond it's maximum range. Once a ship strays too far from its original tether point, it will reset.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
Drezo on Oct 18, 2012 wrote:
I thought that symbol meant someone has already boarded the ship, so you can no longer fight in broadside combat. Maybe I'm wrong, but the only time I have personally seen that, I've had the option to "join combat" and nothing else.
It would be hilarious if you could still detroy a ship while another player was already fighting aboard it. Glad that's not the way it works, though

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Ekoostik1 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
I'm getting very tired of beating on ships in broadside combat that are a tough fight, only to have them get that "no hitting" symbol over them when they're about dead. You know the one I mean, the one with the circle and the line through it like the old "no smoking" signs. It's happened nearly every time I fight a tougher opponent. I end up moving in a tight circle to get away from their inevitable boarding and then suddenly, they get a "get out of jail free card". How can I stop them from doing this? What causes it? I try to keep them close to their "spawn point" and I simply maneuver to avoid boarding.
Agreed, it can be frustrating at times.
This can be caused by...
Another ship boarding/being boarded by the target.
OR
The pirate ship that has the mob ships attention gets sunk.
OR
The pirate ship that has the mob ships attention gets too far away from the mob ships travelable area.
(ie the leish mentioned by One-Eyed Jack)
OR
The pirate ship that has the mob ships attention returns to a safe area (ie Windlane).

The one sure way to sink ships in the game is to get a friend with a ship to team up! No matter how tough those mob ships, are they usually cannot withstand a fleet of pirates! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
Ekoostik1 on Oct 17, 2012 wrote:
Be sure you know exactly where their "spawn point" is. Sometimes the ships will travel out quite a ways and although you have only dragged it a little distance, it is farther from it's spawn point and will be untargetable. Staying inside the enemy ship's circle path will ensure it doesn't become untargetable. However, inside the circle path will likely feature and additional ship that wanders in.

Your other option is to weigh anchor and attack from the fringe. This option requires that you are significantly more capable than your opponent. If your ship health is consistently low at the end of a ship to ship combat win, this option won't work since you will be chased for half the battle.

The best option is always to have another player ship assist. Just two player ships is twice the firepower and twice as quick (preventing less wanderers from joining and hardly ever needing to manuever in a tight circle.

You might just be fighting a too tough opponent. Try to raise your ship levels some or add in more/better gear. It might open up option two of fringe fighting.