Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stiching?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 20, 2009
I was just curious if there is any way to stitch items to look like another? - Just like in Wizard101.
If not - I greatly encourage the development team to add it.
Although I love the pre-set equipment, I would like to mix and match - find my own special brand :)
Im sure other people feel this way too. :D

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
yes I agree, i would love to be able to stitch.. i love putting together my own unique look. I'm sure this will be added later to the game, at least i hope it will.

Ensign
Feb 12, 2011
I really like the idea of being able to stitch. I really like the western cool ranch outfits and the formal pirates outfit but if i wanted a good outfit and a good luck at the same time, not exactly the easiest thing to do. I think another stitching option should be added but instead of Eloise Merryweather, it should be some female wharf rat XD. still working on a name for that one

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
I want stiching, i got an oufit that i like and want to stich it over for my witchdoctor, but i cant because the outfit is only meant for Buccanear only and thats not fair, and also, i notice some of the special abilities from some of the other schools arent in the section charts, like for example if i have a lvl 25 witchdoctor who has the special ability of being allowed to wear light armor (when they get a practice point) but I cant collect the special ability of being allowed to wear heavy armor is not fair at all to some of the other players who cant use it , if Wizard101 allows your wizard to be able to use almost all the spells from the other schools when your wizard gets a traning point from leveling up or from a Zeke quest, then Pirate101 should be the same way, cause you see, "you cant bake a cake without all of the ingredints", and by not putting in stiching in Pirate101, "the cake will be no good" and by not being allowed to use curtain special abilites from a different school like a lvl 25 Witchdoctor being allowed to use a heavy armor special ability atfer getting a practice point "the cake will be no good".

Sincerely,
Valdus Zabra lvl 23 Swashbuckler

Bosun
May 10, 2010
The game is still new and things will be added, so patience is a virtue.

KI stated that they did plan to add stitching at a later time, so we just have to wait, but I really do look forward to this feature being added into the game.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Darth JT on Nov 5, 2012 wrote:
The game is still new and things will be added, so patience is a virtue.

KI stated that they did plan to add stitching at a later time, so we just have to wait, but I really do look forward to this feature being added into the game.
No, KI is only delaying, if they wanted to have stiching in pirate101 like they did in wizard101 then they would have put it on the game before the game was put into service, its as simple as copying the files from wizard101 and pasting it on pirate101, they have the files for the seamstress from the wizard101 game, they can use those same files for her to put her on pirate101.

Administrator
Pikachu792x on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:
No, KI is only delaying, if they wanted to have stiching in pirate101 like they did in wizard101 then they would have put it on the game before the game was put into service, its as simple as copying the files from wizard101 and pasting it on pirate101, they have the files for the seamstress from the wizard101 game, they can use those same files for her to put her on pirate101.
One might be fooled into thing it was simply this easy. Unfortunately it's not.

Stitching is a highly requested feature, and we are very interested in implementing it into the game.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:

Stitching is a highly requested feature, and we are very interested in implementing it into the game.
Sry On-Eyed Jack, for saying something like this, its just that i got this great idea for an outfit for my 1st Swashbuckler and 1st Witchdoctor and i cant use it cause its for a Buccaneer and for my lvl 46 Swashbuckler I like one of the cowboy outfits for him better then any of the others for him and i cant even upgrade its stats cause its a lvls 15 thru 25 stats, its just fustrating not being able to stich it with newer stats, can you implement stiching into the game more quickly then it normally would take to do it, it would make people a WHOLE lot happier if you do so.

Captain
May 02, 2009
AveryRoyal on Oct 10, 2012 wrote:
I was just curious if there is any way to stitch items to look like another? - Just like in Wizard101.
If not - I greatly encourage the development team to add it.
Although I love the pre-set equipment, I would like to mix and match - find my own special brand :)
Im sure other people feel this way too. :D
I totally agree, I wanna stitch Da Claw to a Mooshu weapon so it looks cool AND does great damage.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Dear One-Eyed Jack and other people at KI.

I think its time to for you to start to put in stiching on now, because I been talking to people both on the game and here on the message boards and they are REALLY getting tired of what there Pirate is dressed in and, they dont want there pirates looking like ninjas or in whatever outfits they dont want to wear for there pirates, they want to dress there pirates in what goes well with there pirate classes, not what goes well to what world they go to next, have you seen Pirates of the Carabian movies, thats what pirates should be wearing, even some pirates in the movies wore armor, but thats only because there from the Japan origin, meaning there the Buccaneer class, but the Swashbuckler class are more like the French and should be wearing outfits more like Morgan LaFitte, the Swashbuckler teacher wears, and my outfit and swords idea would be able to do just that. So you should really think what is BEST for your customers of the game and not make us wait in till you finally make a decision to do so, I am sorry if this makes you think i'm harsh, but I think it is time that you should take a break from Wizard101 for right now, because it was just not to long ago that Avalon came out and now you got Azteca out, enough is enough, this is the whole reason why i quit playing Wizard101 is because your moving to fast with it, I cant keep up with it.

Sincerely,

Valdus Zabra lvl 50 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
Pikachu792x on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Dear One-Eyed Jack and other people at KI.

I think its time to for you to start to put in stiching on now, because I been talking to people both on the game and here on the message boards and they are REALLY getting tired of what there Pirate is dressed in and, they dont want there pirates looking like ninjas or in whatever outfits they dont want to wear for there pirates, they want to dress there pirates in what goes well with there pirate classes, not what goes well to what world they go to next, have you seen Pirates of the Carabian movies, thats what pirates should be wearing, even some pirates in the movies wore armor, but thats only because there from the Japan origin, meaning there the Buccaneer class, but the Swashbuckler class are more like the French and should be wearing outfits more like Morgan LaFitte, the Swashbuckler teacher wears, and my outfit and swords idea would be able to do just that. So you should really think what is BEST for your customers of the game and not make us wait in till you finally make a decision to do so, I am sorry if this makes you think i'm harsh, but I think it is time that you should take a break from Wizard101 for right now, because it was just not to long ago that Avalon came out and now you got Azteca out, enough is enough, this is the whole reason why i quit playing Wizard101 is because your moving to fast with it, I cant keep up with it.

Sincerely,

I agree with you on this. It makes a lot of sense, I must say.

-----

As for the original post.. I am all in favor of stitching! I would be really excited to see it in the game. I did not know about it before reading about it here on the forum. This is because I have not played Wizard 101 in a long time, and honestly didn't get far in the game or learn the ropes of the game. But I would really be thrilled to see it in the game.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 15, 2012 wrote:

Dear One-Eyed Jack,

I was just on your new Test Realm, and there 2 issues that I do not like about it:

1. When I was in the middle of the loading, the loading got stuck on Sigiel Mini Games and is talking to long to get un-stuck.

2. I am REALLY SUPRISED that you havent put the Seamstress in this newest update that has been mentioned for the test realm, because I seem to recall that you said "that stiching is a HIGHLY requested feature and are very interested in putting it into the game", well I dont see it in the Test Realm updates, I only see arena battles, mentioning about new Ship gear, and etc., but not one word about the Seamstress.

This is what I was talking about in an earlier message board posting of mine, delaying, before you guys decide to put these newest updates onto the live game, i suggest that you put in the seamstress in those test realm updates to, cause i can tell you right now that people on Pirate101 are starting to loose interest, if you dont put the same stuff that is in Wizard101 onto Pirate101 more quickly, your going to lose some customers (not saying all of your customers) only some, because you see, i cant even look at my Pirate Charactors because of the way they are dressed in.

Sincerely,

Ensign
May 07, 2011
I love stitching and I want it back. I'm running around in ninja clothes and there are some cool ninja blades I like, but they're for a lower level. I have crowns and I'm holding onto a few so I can stitch my good weapon with this one if stitching comes back. Please bring it back KI, I really want to stitch again.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
I would love the ability to stitch. It's not even close to being a make or break factor for me so I can wait. However, it is an update with almost univesal appeal and it would make you some cash too.

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Come on KI, put stiching on, cause I really want to create my outfit and sword idea for my Swashbuckler amongest other outfit ideas for my other pirates, this is what i am talking about, DELAYING.

Community Leader
Pikachu792x on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
Come on KI, put stiching on, cause I really want to create my outfit and sword idea for my Swashbuckler amongest other outfit ideas for my other pirates, this is what i am talking about, DELAYING.
I really want stitching to, but I have to be realistic.

Be assured it not just a matter of "putting stitching on".

They more than likely have a timetable in place to help orchestrate the various additions they want to implement. When things are rushed, problems happen.

Sooo.. all in good time, this isnt Wizard101, so they cant just "copy over" stitching, lets be patient with them, and let them get it right so as not to cause further frustrations with buggy stitching.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Jan 9, 2013 wrote:
I really want stitching to, but I have to be realistic.

Be assured it not just a matter of "putting stitching on".

They more than likely have a timetable in place to help orchestrate the various additions they want to implement. When things are rushed, problems happen.

Sooo.. all in good time, this isnt Wizard101, so they cant just "copy over" stitching, lets be patient with them, and let them get it right so as not to cause further frustrations with buggy stitching.
KI does NOT have a timetable cause KI would have put stiching on with the other game updates they had for pirate101 or they would have put it on when the game was first put into survice and bugging is not a problem cause there seems to plenty of bugs on the game as is so a few stiching bugs wouldnt be a problem.

Ensign
Jul 09, 2010
Problem with W101 Stitching - I hope will be rectified before it's implemented in Pirate101

On W101 it's possible to stitch any item of clothing to any other as long as it's hat-hat, shoe-shoe, wand-wand etc. But if either piece has No Trade on it - that transfers to the stitched item, too.

I'd understand if No Trade started out on the the item with the transferring stats - but it transfers even if it's on the low level pretty piece. So you can end up with Dragonspyer level Crown Gear that looks like Krok level No Trade Krokopatra gear...and is also NO TRADE.

Please either make it so you can trade ANYTHING you paid crowns to buy or to stitch.
Or at least make it that ALL stats from one piece transfer and NO stats/traits from the other transfer. So if No Trade was on your stat gear, it still is - but if No Trade was on your Look Gear - it no longer is.

Does that make sense? My great wish is that if we hated the look of the upper level free gear so much that we wanted to pay real money (Crowns) for stitching it to cute pirate hats, and sailor dresses - that we could keep our real money by being able to trade it to a new character when we level out of it. But surely - at least - all Crown Gear should be transferable and it should certainly be trade-able through the Shared Bank if we paid Crowns for the stat piece - no matter what we stitched it to - even a dreaded No Trade Item.

Thanks for thinking about this

Petty Officer
May 24, 2009
Come on Jack, put stiching on this test realm update PLEASE, i think its time for you to do that now, stiching has been delayed long enough, so put it on this new Test Realm Update.