Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The best possible way to help Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
After hearing about the game's economic plight from Blind Mew, I was thinking of the best possible way to help this game thrive. How could we reach out to as many people as possible who would be interested in playing this amazing game? There are millions of potential players, but there is one secret trove who have already fallen in love with the Spiral, and would love new adventures. I'm sure everyone can agree on how popular Wizard101 is. They have many realms that are FULL throughout the day, much more than Pirate101's Avery realm which is rare to be found full. In fact, they just came out with a Valencian bundle, but don't even have Valencia as one of their worlds!!!

The best way to allow our sister wizards to sail into pirates would be to include a Wizard101 membership with Pirate101's and vice versa. WHOA THERE! Before you make any conclusions, hear me out for a second: The first membership for either Wizard101 or Pirate101 won't include the other bundled with it, since the first membership as of now is half-off at $5, and it would give the member some time to get comfortable in his/her respective game. The second and following memberships would be at a new higher price (Around $11.50). The membership price would only increase a little since some players won't switch between games that often, and it wouldn't be fair for others who only want to play one of the games. Kingsisle has been very kind to us for not increasing the price of a membership so far. Many other MMOs regularly increase the monthly price every couple of years, but Kingsisle has NEVER done that. In this instance, it would be a fair excuse to increase the price while making both the players and Kingsisle happy. I do realize there is a membership option already that includes both games, but it's too expensive in my opinion. In addition, when getting a membership, people will be informed that both games are included together, and many times afterwards! Please share your thoughts. I really want to know what others think:

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2013
EMC99 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
After hearing about the game's economic plight from Blind Mew, I was thinking of the best possible way to help this game thrive. How could we reach out to as many people as possible who would be interested in playing this amazing game? There are millions of potential players, but there is one secret trove who have already fallen in love with the Spiral, and would love new adventures. I'm sure everyone can agree on how popular Wizard101 is. They have many realms that are FULL throughout the day, much more than Pirate101's Avery realm which is rare to be found full. In fact, they just came out with a Valencian bundle, but don't even have Valencia as one of their worlds!!!

The best way to allow our sister wizards to sail into pirates would be to include a Wizard101 membership with Pirate101's and vice versa. WHOA THERE! Before you make any conclusions, hear me out for a second: The first membership for either Wizard101 or Pirate101 won't include the other bundled with it, since the first membership as of now is half-off at $5, and it would give the member some time to get comfortable in his/her respective game. The second and following memberships would be at a new higher price (Around $11.50). The membership price would only increase a little since some players won't switch between games that often, and it wouldn't be fair for others who only want to play one of the games. Kingsisle has been very kind to us for not increasing the price of a membership so far. Many other MMOs regularly increase the monthly price every couple of years, but Kingsisle has NEVER done that. In this instance, it would be a fair excuse to increase the price while making both the players and Kingsisle happy. I do realize there is a membership option already that includes both games, but it's too expensive in my opinion. In addition, when getting a membership, people will be informed that both games are included together, and many times afterwards! Please share your thoughts. I really want to know what others think:
I think that having member for both is a GREAT idea, but I think that there ahould be a choice. So maybe a section for both games, that would increase peice, that way, those that wish to play one game won't be forced to pay a bit more. However, the one month membership for the other game when you pay for the other was a step in the right direction. Another thought that I had would be give put a free mount for people who have member or have brought a purchase of $5 or more every 13 months. We all saw how so many people in avery had that Valencian Clockwork mount, so why not do that every 13 months to get more purchases?

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
I don't like the idea of increasing the price of memberships, some people in wiz have no love for pirate and vice versa. I myself am not a big fan of wiz, mostly because of pvp but if I were to return it would be for the next world.

It wouldn't be fair to people that have tried out both games and made their choice of their preferred game, an extra $1.50 can be a lot for some people.

I say that they should reduce the cost of a membership if it's your first membership, I know they do this periodically but they should do it more often to attract more players

Lvl 70
Lvl 54
Lvl 18

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
I don't like the idea of increasing the price of memberships, some people in wiz have no love for pirate and vice versa. I myself am not a big fan of wiz, mostly because of pvp but if I were to return it would be for the next world.

It wouldn't be fair to people that have tried out both games and made their choice of their preferred game, an extra $1.50 can be a lot for some people.

I say that they should reduce the cost of a membership if it's your first membership, I know they do this periodically but they should do it more often to attract more players

Lvl 70
Lvl 54
Lvl 18
$1.50 is the price of a chocolate bar, or think of it as less that ten minutes of working on the $10 minimum wage (at least where I'm from). Also, the first membership for everyone is $5 right now for both games. It's not a periodic thing though, but the membership price is half off at strange times after you come back to the game after a long time, which I can never understand!!!

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
You said they have a Valencian bundle? Are you sure of this? I'm looking at their bundles as I type and I see no sort of 'Valencian' bundle.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Something else that KI itself can do, is to start advertising in other countries. I understand that in the U.S. KI has commercials on television as well as online for both Wiz and Pirates. Now, I don't live in the U.S. I live in Canada, we don't get those television adds. The only place I've seen these television adds are when they are featured on the games' official pages.

The only way I learned about Pirate101 was because I used to play Wizard101. And, the only way I found out about Wizard101 is by happening to come across an add online, and randomly deciding to lookup the listed website. According to studies conducted in 2010, Canadians spend the most time online, putting in about 43 hours a month.

I know that we play a lot of online, multiplayer games, but only the ones we actually hear about. I'm sure that goes for other countries as well. So, to get more players, perhaps KI should expand their advertising area beyond the U.S.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
TheHoodooQueen on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
You said they have a Valencian bundle? Are you sure of this? I'm looking at their bundles as I type and I see no sort of 'Valencian' bundle.
They haven't officially added it to the store but it exists, just look on duelist101 for it.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
EMC99 on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
$1.50 is the price of a chocolate bar, or think of it as less that ten minutes of working on the $10 minimum wage (at least where I'm from). Also, the first membership for everyone is $5 right now for both games. It's not a periodic thing though, but the membership price is half off at strange times after you come back to the game after a long time, which I can never understand!!!
I don't like having to pay an extra $1.50 just to play pirate101 since I wouldn't be playing wiz, I suggest making it an option instead of making it a requirement

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
TheHoodooQueen on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
Yeah it just came out: (In-depth description of it)

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/wizard101-great-clockwork-bundle/

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
EMC99 on Jun 27, 2016 wrote:
Yeah it just came out: (In-depth description of it)

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/wizard101-great-clockwork-bundle/
That battle angle pet has to be in pirate101 it looks so amazing!