Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your thoughts on pvp

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
So, after I'm done farming all the gear that I need on my buc (which is just basically the schmer's eyepatch and the fort totem), I plan on pvping but before I go I want to know how pvp is like. I just want your personal thoughts on it, not tips.

Like for example:
Is it broken?
Is it fun?
Are class advantages huge in gameplay? (Like how ice is way too op at max lvl pvp).

All these things caused me to quit wizard101 so I wonder if I should invest time in pirate101 pvp.

P.S. Feel free to compare it to wiz so I can get a better understanding of it.

Lvl 70
Lvl 68
Lvl 28
Lvl 12

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
So, after I'm done farming all the gear that I need on my buc (which is just basically the schmer's eyepatch and the fort totem), I plan on pvping but before I go I want to know how pvp is like. I just want your personal thoughts on it, not tips.

Like for example:
Is it broken?
Is it fun?
Are class advantages huge in gameplay? (Like how ice is way too op at max lvl pvp).

All these things caused me to quit wizard101 so I wonder if I should invest time in pirate101 pvp.

P.S. Feel free to compare it to wiz so I can get a better understanding of it.

Lvl 70
Lvl 68
Lvl 28
Lvl 12
These are all good questions and according to who you ask, you'll probably get a wide range of answers.
Based on my experience from the first season of Ranked PVP:
1. "Is it broken?"
KI has done much since the first season to balance PVP - Moo Robes have been adjusted so that summons are based on Will.
First Strike 3 and many talent attacks can now remove "Hide" from attacking Swashbucklers.
There are some who will contend that one class or another still has too much advantage in PVP. Ex. Old Scratch's buff enhancing Privateers buffs, shields and heals; and Witchdoctor's attacks.
2. "Is it fun?"
This depends on your attitude - some players are more relaxed, some are friendly and will offer you advice ( or praise ) after a match. OTH some are deadly serious and if you defeat them, consider it a personal insult.
I suggest you visit the Spar Room and watch and engage in some practice matches, before entering the Brawlin' Hall.