Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An alternative to gaining pet stats(power)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
Currently in the game, the only way your pet gains power is to feed it a snack that he/she likes or loves. And pets likes any snack if it's the right snack class or origin. So what if your pet gains plus one power if you train it the world of origin.
Lets use the ostrich rewarded from Bestia. The Ostrich gains power if you feed it Marleybone Origin snacks or Side Dish snacks or Marleybone-Side Dish snacks. So if this is implemented, that would mean if you train it in Marleybone, he would get a bonus of plus one power (because he was trained in his world of origin).

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Docterteer on Jun 12, 2016 wrote:
Currently in the game, the only way your pet gains power is to feed it a snack that he/she likes or loves. And pets likes any snack if it's the right snack class or origin. So what if your pet gains plus one power if you train it the world of origin.
Lets use the ostrich rewarded from Bestia. The Ostrich gains power if you feed it Marleybone Origin snacks or Side Dish snacks or Marleybone-Side Dish snacks. So if this is implemented, that would mean if you train it in Marleybone, he would get a bonus of plus one power (because he was trained in his world of origin).
It's not quite that simple...
"Power" is a separate bar. There are Strength, Will, Agility and Health which will be boosted, to some extent, by any snack. But Power is only increased by specific likes and loves to the tune of from 1 to 4 points. The thing is though, these likes and loves don't all necessarily come from the pet's world of origin. A Silver Buffaloon is a Cool Ranch pet and it prefers Cool Ranch snacks to a degree, but it also gets "power" boosts by being fed Monquistan snacks like Pan Fried Bananas and Banana Salad.
Also, the question arises... are you prepared to sail half-way across the Spiral to get an additional one point power every time you train your pet? I generally have 10-12 pets with me at any given time, all of which are in different stages of training, and I generally do all of my training when I log on. Obviously most of my pets have different home origins... I could easily spend an hour or two sailing back and forth training pets and there'd be no time left to quest lol.
P.S. - the Ostrich from Marleybone will most likely be fully trained by the time your pirate can actually go there (mine was) so you wouldn't be able to utilize the benefit until it was too late.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jun 14, 2016 wrote:
It's not quite that simple...
"Power" is a separate bar. There are Strength, Will, Agility and Health which will be boosted, to some extent, by any snack. But Power is only increased by specific likes and loves to the tune of from 1 to 4 points. The thing is though, these likes and loves don't all necessarily come from the pet's world of origin. A Silver Buffaloon is a Cool Ranch pet and it prefers Cool Ranch snacks to a degree, but it also gets "power" boosts by being fed Monquistan snacks like Pan Fried Bananas and Banana Salad.
Also, the question arises... are you prepared to sail half-way across the Spiral to get an additional one point power every time you train your pet? I generally have 10-12 pets with me at any given time, all of which are in different stages of training, and I generally do all of my training when I log on. Obviously most of my pets have different home origins... I could easily spend an hour or two sailing back and forth training pets and there'd be no time left to quest lol.
P.S. - the Ostrich from Marleybone will most likely be fully trained by the time your pirate can actually go there (mine was) so you wouldn't be able to utilize the benefit until it was too late.
Lol, apparently, I wasn't clear enough.

I'm not saying to physically train them in it's world of origin, I'm saying if you train them under a training category (Skull Island, Monquista, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone, or Aqulia) that matches the pet's liked-snacks' world of origin, they will get a power boost.

So using the Ostrich again as an example. According to the wiki, the Ostrich generally likes Marleybone or Side Dish snacks. (Ignore the side dish part for now), if you train the Ostrich an activity under the Marleybone category, the Ostrich will get a power boost.

And to answer your question, no I would hate to sail across the spiral just to get a power boost lol.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Docterteer on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:

I'm not saying to physically train them in it's world of origin, I'm saying if you train them under a training category (Skull Island, Monquista, Cool Ranch, MooShu, Marleybone, or Aqulia) that matches the pet's liked-snacks' world of origin, they will get a power boost.

So using the Ostrich again as an example. According to the wiki, the Ostrich generally likes Marleybone or Side Dish snacks. (Ignore the side dish part for now), if you train the Ostrich an activity under the Marleybone category, the Ostrich will get a power boost.

And to answer your question, no I would hate to sail across the spiral just to get a power boost lol.
Ah ha! That makes more sense! In fact, that makes quite a bit of sense and I see how that could be appropriate. As it is now, the actual act of "training" doesn't boost power at all and I've always thought that was wrong. With your method that would change for the better. Excellent!
Two hearty thumbs up with an added Argh!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Docterteer on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:

actually kinda cool idea I thought..
stormy jen silver