Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Friend the player, not just the pirate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2015
Can we have have the option to friend the player as well?

A lot of players stop playing certain pirates when they reach max so their friends will unfriend 'inactive' pirates. However, with the update on valencia p2, a lot of those max pirates will become active again and see they have not friends anymore.

Also, players have lots of pirates. It gets a little annoying having to find their pirates in avery's court and friend every single one of their pirates with every single one of your pirates.

I used to play Pirates of the Caribbean Online and this feature made it very easy to overcome this issue. POTCO did this by friending the player's username. They also had a separate friend list for players online. If you friended the player, you automatically friended all their pirates and any new pirates they made. Personally, I only friended players that I had closer friendships with and did not abuse this by friending silent players.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
TheGr8Artist on May 21, 2016 wrote:
Can we have have the option to friend the player as well?

A lot of players stop playing certain pirates when they reach max so their friends will unfriend 'inactive' pirates. However, with the update on valencia p2, a lot of those max pirates will become active again and see they have not friends anymore.

Also, players have lots of pirates. It gets a little annoying having to find their pirates in avery's court and friend every single one of their pirates with every single one of your pirates.

I used to play Pirates of the Caribbean Online and this feature made it very easy to overcome this issue. POTCO did this by friending the player's username. They also had a separate friend list for players online. If you friended the player, you automatically friended all their pirates and any new pirates they made. Personally, I only friended players that I had closer friendships with and did not abuse this by friending silent players.
hi ya! welcome to the message boards! and yes I think this is a fabulous idea though might take a bit of time to install..how would you do it? elixir? true friend code mark? separate list for irl people?
stormy jen silver

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Friending the Player's Account could reduce the amount of names in our Friend List and it might make is easier to find friends that are online to play with.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on May 23, 2016 wrote:
Friending the Player's Account could reduce the amount of names in our Friend List and it might make is easier to find friends that are online to play with.
in my opinion it wouldnt be ok unless its was tfc only..
a plus to this would be it shows which character and which game at the time (p101, wizard) but that seems more involved because soon after people would want intergame chat XD members only
O:
not now, but eventually it might very well be a smart investment, but it involves testing both game capacity..
stormy jen silver