Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crafting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 01, 2010
Can we get a crafting system in pirate101 please? Some things that could be crafted are.

Ships - crafting your own ship would be great, specially if there is some unique looks to crafted vessels.

Ship Parts

Weapons/Armor

Pet Food

Housing Items

Companion Gifts - new item that provides temporary buffs companions when used.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I personally don't think crafting would go well with a game like this. I know alot of other MMO's have crafting but I just don't think crafting mixes well with games that doesn't have an inventory for non-equipment items.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LittleSeanCarter on Apr 11, 2016 wrote:
Can we get a crafting system in pirate101 please? Some things that could be crafted are.

Ships - crafting your own ship would be great, specially if there is some unique looks to crafted vessels.

Ship Parts

Weapons/Armor

Pet Food

Housing Items

Companion Gifts - new item that provides temporary buffs companions when used.
This option has been asked for many, many times and we have Ratbeard's assurance ( a developer at KI ) that it's coming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
I personally don't think crafting would go well with a game like this. I know alot of other MMO's have crafting but I just don't think crafting mixes well with games that doesn't have an inventory for non-equipment items.
What do you mean we don't have "inventory for non-equipment items"? There's your housing, ship equipment, pet snacks/gear and doubloons in your inventory. Certainly, our inventory could be expanded if needed.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I hope crafting doesn't become a major part of p101 but a minor addition to give a few advantages here and there, this is a pirate game lets keep it that way, Altough I do support this idea I think it should be more like salvaging instead of crafting

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2016 wrote:
What do you mean we don't have "inventory for non-equipment items"? There's your housing, ship equipment, pet snacks/gear and doubloons in your inventory. Certainly, our inventory could be expanded if needed.
I didn't want to list all of the inventories but what I was saying is we don't have an inventory for things that can be stacked to make other things. Though it would probably end up being like morphing except with a one hundred percent chance of making something else but also getting rid of the things you used to make the new item.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
I didn't want to list all of the inventories but what I was saying is we don't have an inventory for things that can be stacked to make other things. Though it would probably end up being like morphing except with a one hundred percent chance of making something else but also getting rid of the things you used to make the new item.
Being able to store items we craft in our house would take care of the problem of no room in our Backpack or Banks. The items we need for crafting would probably be kept in our "craft" bag similar to our Pet Snack/Gear part of our Backpack..

If I remember correctly, in P101 when you use an item to make something, it is used up and disappears from our inventory. So, if a previously crafted item is used to craft a new item, the previously crafted item is used up and is gone from our inventory.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I used to love this game because it didn't have all the things that required you to have a second life online! Right now I'm having a hard enough time as it is finding playing time!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
In W101, when you gather reagents ( the basic stuff used in crafting ) they go in your crafting inventory and this doesn't count as space in your backpack. Just like having doubloons, pet gear or snacks doesn't take up backpack space. ( And these items stack. )
Also, in W101reagents have their own space in your shared bank; they stack, and again, they don't make you lose space in your bank.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I wasn't playing Wiz101 when they introduced the crafting system. The reagents found on the ground were always there from day one for me so I can only imagine what it might be like in Pirate when and if they introduce the same system. Re-tracing steps through older worlds to gather up some crafting supplies would be interesting. And what might those supplies be over here on the skull and crossbones side of the Spiral? Some of the Wizard101 reagents would be a perfect fit... kelp, shells, scales, fish fins, bone, pearls... others are more of a universal (or spiralversal) nature like sandstone, mistwood, ore etc.
I don't see crafting as being any less appropriate for a pirate than I do for a wizard. It makes perfect sense for either, in that they should be able to use the knowledge they've gained from questing to fabricate new and better items for themselves. I only hope KI carries it a step further and allows for craft-able ships, or maybe even the ability to "craft" (read "train") new abilities that cross class lines... much like the ability to craft spells in Wiz101.

Ensign
Apr 08, 2016
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
I used to love this game because it didn't have all the things that required you to have a second life online! Right now I'm having a hard enough time as it is finding playing time!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
And like Ranked PVP, Pet Morphing or any side content like the Naval Gauntlet, Tower of Moo Manchu, or Smuggler's Arena; you don't have to take part!
* pouts * I wanna craft, and I want it NOW! It would give me a reason to be on-line instead of just collecting. GAH!!!