Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea THURSDAY - 3-24-16

AuthorMessage
Hello Pirate Friends,

Spring has sprung, especially in our neck of the woods. Everything that has been in hibernation is coming back to life, waking up for the year, and even my trusty pet Firecat is glowing a little brighter. While winter has its charm, I suppose, it’s no surprise that a pyromancer is much happier the more distance we can put from that season, so I’m smiling big over here now that it’s officially SPRING!

And, since it’s officially spring, that means that we’ve got some changes happening our corner of the Spiral.

First of all, this is the first week of Spring PVP. We’ve now seen all the Champion weapons… which one is your favorite? Also making an appearance is the adorable, but slightly cranky Grudgehog. We’ve got a long spring season ahead of us, but don’t wait too long to battle your way to glory… and to the victor goes the spoils!

Second thing is celebrating some of the spring holidays with some new and shiny things, as well as old favorites. Making its appearance after swimming all the way from the waters of MooShu, say hello to our Spring Grouper! Because we all need a little luck, we’ve brought back the clover leaf eye patch. Because brightly colored and polka dotted buffaloons are hilarious, we’ve brought back all the other pets too. And… there’s more to come. We’ve got another Spring holiday coming up that we always celebrate, and this year is no exception. Stay tuned!

In February, there was much buzz about our friend in the photo, and I’m happy to say I’ve received another mysterious photograph. This time, it’s a place, not a person. So, this time, I’ll ask the obvious question… where in the Spiral do you think this could be?

With that, it’s time to pull up the anchor and shove off… I hear Monquista is LOVELY in the spring and I must see it for myself. I also hear there’s a very talented costume maker there... while I don’t expect to give up my red dress anytime soon, it’s always fun to browse, no?

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
First yar (Ha shame Decius)

Also, Monquista huh? Hope we have a reason to meet this special costume maker some time soon. :)

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Happy spring, everybody! Hope to see ye in the Spiral!

Wicked Aaron Brewster

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Falmea on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Hello Pirate Friends,

Spring has sprung, especially in our neck of the woods. Everything that has been in hibernation is coming back to life, waking up for the year, and even my trusty pet Firecat is glowing a little brighter. While winter has its charm, I suppose, it’s no surprise that a pyromancer is much happier the more distance we can put from that season, so I’m smiling big over here now that it’s officially SPRING!

And, since it’s officially spring, that means that we’ve got some changes happening our corner of the Spiral.

First of all, this is the first week of Spring PVP. We’ve now seen all the Champion weapons… which one is your favorite? Also making an appearance is the adorable, but slightly cranky Grudgehog. We’ve got a long spring season ahead of us, but don’t wait too long to battle your way to glory… and to the victor goes the spoils!

Second thing is celebrating some of the spring holidays with some new and shiny things, as well as old favorites. Making its appearance after swimming all the way from the waters of MooShu, say hello to our Spring Grouper! Because we all need a little luck, we’ve brought back the clover leaf eye patch. Because brightly colored and polka dotted buffaloons are hilarious, we’ve brought back all the other pets too. And… there’s more to come. We’ve got another Spring holiday coming up that we always celebrate, and this year is no exception. Stay tuned!

In February, there was much buzz about our friend in the photo, and I’m happy to say I’ve received another mysterious photograph. This time, it’s a place, not a person. So, this time, I’ll ask the obvious question… where in the Spiral do you think this could be?

With that, it’s time to pull up the anchor and shove off… I hear Monquista is LOVELY in the spring and I must see it for myself. I also hear there’s a very talented costume maker there... while I don’t expect to give up my red dress anytime soon, it’s always fun to browse, no?
Hmm... I'd guess it's got to be somewhere in Skull Island, yes? Or is it Monquista? Or maybe it's somewhere in a new house we've not seen yet? So many guesses.

Speaking about Monquista, I'd advise some caution. Many Monquistans there aren't always the very nice type...

Thanks again! Excited to see what's heading to P101 real soon!

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Spendid! [This is Anne here not Sam... issues with my membership, which will be fixed soon I'm sure But I can't resist commenting and we are all family after all...]

So, for speculations on where this abode lies... my guess is that is something of a hideout, a cave hideout by the looks of the walls and floors. Why a hideout? Just that it seems likely that someone with evident resources (the very nice furnishings) would not be living in a cave unless they were hiding from someone... or something.

Mind you, it could be a cave residence out of habit... one started there, and doesn't want to give up the old home.

The furnishings are very pirate-oriented, comfortable, and reasonably luxurious. There is even something that looks like a tea table, though is that... fish on it? My guess is that residence is in Skull Island, and that it is indeed the home of the mysterious gentleman we met last month.

That is my speculation. I agree with you about Monquistan styles, Professor (er, Captain) Falmea. Wouldn't you love to wear one of those wide, wired lace collars, of either bobbin lace, needle lace or teneriffe lace? I would. SO pretty and elegant!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's a pirate's lair, as to where, I'll take a wild stab and say its a cave in Skull Island ( there are several unexplored caves in the area. )
I'm very intrigued by the "coffee table" in the center of the group of chairs; the white lumpy things appeared to be eggs, until I enlarged the picture, now they appear to be clouds ( ? ) so I'm guessing its a type of 3d map of a skyway.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Monquista being nice in the Spring? I think I'll have to see that for myself...

As for the picture: that could very well be the house of that fellow we saw last time. Probably his little refuge somewhere in Skull Island?

But I wonder what that thing is in the middle of the room. Or more so, what's in it.

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
Professor Falmea on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
Hello Pirate Friends,

hmmmm juding by the place this as to belong to the mystery guy from last framia friday
but i have 2 theories
1st one i think this is where we where born the reason why because look at people may be calling a table it is a pirate ship and it looks like(SPOILER ALERT)are parents ship that we get after doing a favor for frog father and the white stuff in side is the stuffing so maybe its are home are cribe
2nd i think this is where this mysterious pirate was born

wait IDEA
what if this is the guy who knows how the defeat kane home and you may be asking okay tim the first 2 theories is okay but this the 3rd one is to fair fetch because he has never been see before and the pirate does not look like what we imagine at ALL but if you watch youtube channel's and they reveal there face they look COMPLETELY different then what you thought it was and it will always be that way so it has a chance to be him

but hey thats a tim theory thanks for reading want me to stop FINE

dead-eye tim lvl 65
ps happy spring guys cya later pirate gators wait what did i just say it cant

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi great falmea Thursday as always falmea and I think everyone is right about last months pirate and today's being his hideout I think Avery is going to send us to monquista where his hideout is and he's going to help us get into Valencia just a theory but it's possible the only thing that's puzzling me is what in the spiral is that thing in the middle kinda looks like a baby cradle or something that's going to bug me till we find out which hopefully won't be so long from now have a great day everyone

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'd say it's a pirate hideout somewhere in Valencia, avoiding the prying eyes and machines of the Armada.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Um, the fact that this was on a Thursday made me expect a little bit more than some mere clues...oh well, no rush...

I'd say only a pirate in Skull Island could have such... 'unique' taste in housing. Their realtor was probably a wharf rat. Judging by their poor decision of wasting swords as useless chair decorations, the residents mustn't be from Marleybone, Celestia, Valencia, or any other erudite communities in the Spiral. My mouth is SO numb right now, I have a cat to pet, I have chores and homework to do, I'm also already bored of writing this.

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
Hmm, that picture reminds me of one of the Cool Ranch caves. Maybe it's a hideout for the said mystery Pirate.

Also, I've noticed that the chairs and couch you can buy as actual furniture items. I don't know about the rest though.

By the way, Ms. Falmea, if that Monquistan tailor is as good as I think he/she is, then maybe you could get a flaming, red, fancy, pirate-styled robe! So hot that it burns even hotter then the Firecat Set in the Crowns Shop!

From,

Sly Colin Voss, Lv. 65

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Its the tent of a geologist harvesting windstones in Krokotopia.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jan 07, 2012
It looks like the abode of the angered, life-seeing pirate in the last Falmea Friday. Why? Because it seems obvious that the man in the last friday was a pirate, and this abode is clearly the one of a pirate(evidence: The yum bottles, skulls, knifes in the chairs etc.). I think this man is a traveling man, setting up a temporary place to stay due to the globe in the backround. Judging by the cave, it looks like its either in Skull Island, Monquista, Aquila, Possibly a part of Mooshu or maybe even Valencia.

EDIT: Possibly other places like Krokotopia? Grizzleheim? Wysteria? Avalon? Polaris?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
About this costume maker....

We BETTER be able to dress up our companions.

Ensign
Sep 19, 2012
Could this photo actually be a clue to where our quest for a map piece goes next? By the red and black coloring of the chairs and the skull without the crossbones, I am guessing Dragonspyre or Darkmoor.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I don't think I've seen a reply for Darkmoor yet; This looks quite like I envision it. Then again, it could be a Skull Island hideaway. I'm so glad we're getting more clues!

Okay im petting a cat now bye

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
hmm so this was where our parents in the game raised us, you can tell by the empty baby carriage in the middle, that or some very irresponsible people live there. bottom line is, I'm really hoping this is our new world, the emphasis these guys put on this reveal makes me think so. If it is, then let bygones be bygones as long as we get at least one world update each year like we should, all is well. also falmea, the spring and winter weapons for the pvp house seem a little worse than the ones for summer and fall, can we get a buff on those? also, my favorite one would have to be the fall one, angry cherub is great! but taking weapon animation into account, my favorite would have to be the spring weapons.

Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Hmmm...

A new house, some place in Krok, some place in Valencia, the new and important NPC Goobus Von Swreeh also known as Room who gives us defeat and collect missions about furniture because he needs some before he leads us to the next piece of the map.

But that's just my speculating.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gstack96 on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
hmmmm juding by the place this as to belong to the mystery guy from last framia friday
but i have 2 theories
1st one i think this is where we where born the reason why because look at people may be calling a table it is a pirate ship and it looks like(SPOILER ALERT)are parents ship that we get after doing a favor for frog father and the white stuff in side is the stuffing so maybe its are home are cribe
2nd i think this is where this mysterious pirate was born

wait IDEA
what if this is the guy who knows how the defeat kane home and you may be asking okay tim the first 2 theories is okay but this the 3rd one is to fair fetch because he has never been see before and the pirate does not look like what we imagine at ALL but if you watch youtube channel's and they reveal there face they look COMPLETELY different then what you thought it was and it will always be that way so it has a chance to be him

but hey thats a tim theory thanks for reading want me to stop FINE

dead-eye tim lvl 65
ps happy spring guys cya later pirate gators wait what did i just say it cant
Oh my goodness, Dead-Eye Tim, a baby cradle? Our parent's cave?
But why is it displayed in the middle of the room? It does look as if it could rock back and forth, though. The wheels on the side ( or what appears to be wheels ) certainly can't make a full revolution.
A cradle in the shape of a ship, Hmmm. So the white lumps could be pillows?
Strange, if so.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
This is obviously a home/hideout, looking at the picture the location could be Skull Island, Cool Ranch, or Monquesta due to the dry rock wall environment. The furniture is a Skull Island style, the walls are from one of the three areas mentioned. The globe in the back reminds me of the art collected from Valencia. This could be just decoration or a possible hint.

The most interesting thing is the baby crib in the center of the room. The wheels on the crib are wagons from Cool Ranch but so far there have not been many children in the game (1 in cool ranch with the magnificent 7).

My guess is this place belonged to our parents and the crib is ours. Due to a certain event in Aquila (won't spoil it for anyone) there is a gap and we may have to revisit the past to defeat Kane, find another map piece, or get to another world.

There are some who believe this hint is pointing towards the next update being side content and book 15 will not be included. I believe there are no trainers or crafting that would require a crib, but moving forward does require more information about our past and family connection with Kane and the armada. There is a reason as to why we were captured and so valuable to the armada at the start of the game. I believe this next expansion will answer some of those questions as we work through book 15 and 16 for the next update.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
On thinking it over, I really don't think that this could possibly be our parent's home or that table could be our cradle/crib.
For one thing this cave would look abandoned ( dusty and cobwebby ) and much less lived in as that picture shows.
Secondly, has anyone EVER seen a cradle/crib with rockers going back and forth? They always rock side to side.
Thirdly, who ever puts a baby cradle in the middle of the room? Believe me, you want a peaceful, secluded corner or the brat ( ahem, dear little angel ) will be crying it's head off from all the commotion swirling around it.
This "table" ( for lack of a better word ) doesn't have pillows or even a blanket ( and where's the favorite go-to-sleep toy? ).
On the other hand, this gives me great hope that an update is coming soon, because this picture isn't concept art, but a ( virtual ) real space that's ready to be put into the game.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Something about that red dress is sparking my speculation of what's to come, but I can't guess what. (Can we get a red dress please :O!?)

Also a baby cradle? (Guessing by the way it has round legs and what appears to be a soft section)
what could it mean?