Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your Hardest Battle

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
I know everyone has one. At some point in the game, you and your companions lose. Hey, it happens. No matter how good you think you and you companions are, you have to fail at some point in the game. It's happened to me, too.

Tell me what happened. I'd love to hear your story!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I bobbed when I should have weaved and a minotaur cut off my head. Not to worry a little healing and hoo-doo can fix it right up.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
A loooong time ago in a land far, far away.......
There was Stormzilla ( old school, before the improvements ) it took me a dozen tries.
General Tso ( I attempted this dungeon solo at level 48 ) 3 tries before I got to the chicken.
Fort Basset ( attempted at level 52 ) 4 tries before success.
Failure doesn't hurt and teaches you more than instant success.
Aquila and Harpies, Satyrs, a Hydra & Scylla, oh my!

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
I'd have to say, when I was lower-leveled, that The Presidio was one of my hardest battles. I legit had to have a max-leveled friend help me out . But if you were talking about higher levels, I think I'd have to go with that battle before you go to MB... The one that didn't make sense because a crazy yak with shades () was teleporting around? Forgot the name of that boss lol. Anyway, I had to do that one a couple of times

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
The hardest battle was definitly the fabled and almost forgotten Silver Buffaloon.
Followed closely by the pre-updated Stormzilla, and the Hydra, which took me more than a few tries.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
What a coincidence, anecorbie! I had trouble in both Fort Basset and Khotan. Especially Fort Basset. I had to defeat 3 separate waves to win the battle. Not something your average swashbuckler would be amused by. After 5 tries, I did finally win the battle. But I feel like the most insignificant battles always seem to surprise me......

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
CdeWinter on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
The hardest battle was definitly the fabled and almost forgotten Silver Buffaloon.
Followed closely by the pre-updated Stormzilla, and the Hydra, which took me more than a few tries.
I really never had a problem with Stormzilla lol... But that dreaded Hydra glitched out many times, causing me to restart. The battle itself was extremely easy - being a Swashie with high dodge and riposte - but those attacks of lag....

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2016
Orthorus, Hydra (I still have nightmares of soloing it), General Tso, Deacon, Rooke, Stormzilla, both battles in that church before Marleybone.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
I know everyone has one. At some point in the game, you and your companions lose. Hey, it happens. No matter how good you think you and you companions are, you have to fail at some point in the game. It's happened to me, too.

I'd say. Of all people I'd find my own answer interesting considering my circumstances. I solo'd the ENTIRE game, yet I can only recall where I was stumped more then twice. This would be in Cool Ranch, in that big canyon area. The name slips my mind yet around there, all of the criminal bosses you fought to get Rooster Cogburn, and the other villains you opposed around that time gave me so much trouble considering I had no knowledge in the instance of strategy, in which I had quit Pirate101 for about 4-6 months before returning back to it and then having more of an idea of what to do.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
I never died at all through my Buc run of the game. I came close to dying, such as during the Froggo Villa fight where I got amazing luck with Super Hits and if I had not, I would've lost my Pirate, the last member of my team I had left. I only scraped by the Deacon fight because my last remaining companion got a super hit on the relentless. But, I did die a few times on the N5 fight in the Tower! (People drinking the potion with all there gear on, people fleeing to be annoying, etc......)

Hope to see yeh' around the Spiral!

Slick Seth Sawkins Lvl 65 / Quick Quincy Quarton Lvl 42 / Dark Mark Lvl 5

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Mine was with Kendrick fighting buffaloons for " Running Wild " Which was strange since I had no problems on my . In his defense. They were the ones in big sky.

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
Oh, The Hydra RUINED a week of my life. Had that devilish Ebon Head not glitched out 14 times in a row for me! 2 attempts every day for a week before i got a good fight!) I'd have breezed right through the fight.

I suppose the Hardest FUNCTIONING battle I had was probably Deacon. He smashed my Swashy 3 times before I realized that the goal wasn't to defeat all enemies, but just to defeat him. He then smashed me again, because my hubris had me thinking I could go 1 on 1 with him in a slugfest after forcing my way through his front line of troops. (spoiler: I couldn't.)

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
Diskylos was surprisingly easy for me to solo, which is weird because he has thirteen and a half thousand health. I would have to say the Hydra or perhaps Cadmus: Both took forever (Cadmus because I was farming for Blades of Shades, which took around five dozen times)

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
Hydra. Not just because the ebon head glitched out either (although that's how I lost the first time). I just found it really hard. If I had to say a second (and a third) I'd say Bat Masterson's promotion quest fight with the manticores, and the fight with Orthrus (not exactly a surprise, as Orthrus has 14,000 health.) So yeah.

The Grin Reaper

Petty Officer
Nov 10, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:

for me it would have to be in aquila battle of troy the reason why the boss fight this guys has over 4k health and as most of my friend where low lvl people i had to solo it and i got destroyed because the battle of troy is so hard and it does not help every else has about 3k health and i did this at max

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Mar 26, 2016 wrote:
Hydra. Not just because the ebon head glitched out either (although that's how I lost the first time). I just found it really hard. If I had to say a second (and a third) I'd say Bat Masterson's promotion quest fight with the manticores, and the fight with Orthrus (not exactly a surprise, as Orthrus has 14,000 health.) So yeah.

The Grin Reaper
Was orthrus that werewolf side quest boss thing-a-ma-bob in Aquila?

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I have my fair share of very hard battle also, some are alot more harder than others. Here are the top 5, so far.

1.The Nefarious 5- Try beating these characters solo is not a good idea,good luck on winning on these bosses.
As a good team however it's really challenging, upon defeating them the rewards they drop are great.

2.General Tso- Now this one break the ice,don't brother attacking the general. Have two companion to lure him away from the chicken room and go for his pet chicken.

3.Hydra - Annoying and a cheat, not on it spawn a lot of mini head and if unlucky enough get trap in a wall of ice. It taunts me as a player,by glitching on me by not letting me attack the ebon head.This beyond annoying, it's an epic mess.

4.Rook- I guess as a swashbuckler, I got lucky. I got help from someone and was a great team work effort.It was a struggle as a , I nearly lost the battle and did it solo. I hope my got help from a fellow player, otherwise this would be a long and brutal battle,even harder as a .

5. Diskylos - This is more like a regular boss battle for me. This boss super hit like crazy, took out several of my companions.Not only it super hit like crazy, it hit multiple times this hound is a nightmare to beat and in my opinon not to be underestimated.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Eelarc on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
Orthorus, Hydra (I still have nightmares of soloing it), General Tso, Deacon, Rooke, Stormzilla, both battles in that church before Marleybone.
Do you mean Saint Fido's Church? That one was pretty hard for me too!

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Though I barely lose battles, in marleybone I had to fight these gars in Westminster Skyway. Of course, Rooke was a piece of cake, but GARS had to give me a bad time

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Mine would be General Tso and the Hydra. I had to solo Tso because that was right before I started making friends, and the Hydra glitched out on me.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The Hydra is a real pain. My swashbuckler had to do it more times than there are hydra heads....

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
darkmoordude on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
Was orthrus that werewolf side quest boss thing-a-ma-bob in Aquila?
Yep Although his name is actually Diskylos.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
dk4vision on Mar 28, 2016 wrote:
Yep Although his name is actually Diskylos.
Okay thanks

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Ooh I just remember something. Do ye guys remember the dungeon "Volcano!" at the end of Skull Island? Well, at the end of it ye have to fight a boss called Chumba Wumba before ye get to Gunn's treasure. Though I never lost the battle, I did lose all 3 companions. Chumba Wumba certainly gave me a run for me treasure!