Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Favorite easter egg

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Easter is coming up so why not say your favorite easter egg? ( a easter egg is a refrence to something in real life for example ned land in the mb Tavern on the Isle of dogs. It refrences a book called 20,000 leagues under the sea) you can say as many as you like but say your favorite. Mine would either be the Lord of the Rings quest line in mb to make golems by the dog named smegal or the countless monty python refrences. What's yours?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
TheDragonspyrePira... on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
Easter is coming up so why not say your favorite easter egg? ( a easter egg is a refrence to something in real life for example ned land in the mb Tavern on the Isle of dogs. It refrences a book called 20,000 leagues under the sea) you can say as many as you like but say your favorite. Mine would either be the Lord of the Rings quest line in mb to make golems by the dog named smegal or the countless monty python refrences. What's yours?
Admiral Benbow is a Treasure Island reference, surely?

Oh, sorry, re-reading you were talking about Ned Land, the character in 20,000 Leagues.

I agree; all the literary references are nice, and Monty Python is amusing. I can't say I have a particular favorite. I'm delighted that classics are referenced so freely -- hopefully it will inspire folks to try out those stories in real life.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
One of my favorites is how you can name your bison ship Great Fox, which is the name of the mother ship in the Star Fox team, from Nintendo's Star Fox franchise.

Another would be a long time favorite of mine- Louis' first promotion quest name is "I've Got the Powder". I'm sure everyone knows the reference to that......

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't really have a favorite Easter egg, whenever I find one, I smile and say "good one, KI"
I will say, though that Aquila is one GIANT Easter egg and my favorite there is the Ulysses quest string. When you reach Illios and talk to Myron he uses a direct quote from the Odyessy ( suitably tailored for P101 )
Homerific!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
" Hello young wizard- Er, pirate. Sorry, old habits of mine " Is mine

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
But there are so many many good easter eggs.
Amongst my more favourite easter eggs, are Ned Land in the Admiral Benbow Tavern, (why not have a French Canadian whaler just hanging out in a Marleybonean tavern?) and the two Armada Ships, The Erebus and The Terror, Deacon's ship and the Armada ship were we fight Finn and recover the first map piece. The real Erebus and Terror were two of the ships of the Franklin Expedition to find the Northwest Passage in the Arctic, they were lost close to 200 year ago, and only just rediscovered this past year in the Canadian arctic.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
Man I've got a load of these. Pirate101 is so packed with easter eggs you don't even have to "hunt" for them. I'd say my favorite has to be my Swashbuckling companion, El Toro. him and his personality come directly from the movie, The Mask of Zorro. El Toro is obviously Zorro, the enemy of Santa Ana's regime. Furthermore, the name "El Toro" literally means "the bull" in SPANISH, which always makes me laugh.

Cruel Connor Bowman,