Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Pirate101 needs is................

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
.......A NEW THEME SONG!!!

Yep, that's right! We all know that this game is beyond amazing & brilliant in every way. What's not to like? I mean, we right wrongs, we battle, we sail- we recruit companions with fuzzy tails. We slice & dice & meet corsair mice. We find justice where none was to be found, whilst we plunder bad guys & smack booty around...eh, I mean plunder booty & smack bad guys around. And so on & so on!

Yes, this is a game with mass appeal & unlike no other.

But, I've found that there is one thing that P101 is missing-- a theme song! Or at least a song to help recruit new players to join up in all the scurvyness-ish-ism! I can't even recall the last time I saw a P101 commercial or advertisement flash by, as I reluctantly watched gratuitous amounts of Sophia the First & Paw Patrol (thanks twins!). I used to at least see the commercial, every once in a while...but not anymore. THIS NEEDS TO BE REMEDIED!! Potential players everywhere need to be exposed to the glory & splendor that is Pirate101.

So, without further ado, I bring to you the new, officially, unofficial-- Pirate101 theme song (to the tune of Escape, aka- The Pina Colada Song).

Aheemm...

Pirates and Plunder
I was a tired ol' matey, playing the same games for too long.
Life was getting so boring, like singing the same ol' song.
So, while I lay there dreaming, a vision came to my head.
It was a pirate and a monkey, and this is what they said.
If you like pirates and plunder, and getting lost in a game!
If you lack adventure and wonder, and excitement untamed.
If you like sailing off in the moonlight, and crafting your own fate.
Here's the adventure you've looked for, your destiny awaits!
At first I thought they were crazy, and made a rather odd team!
But I didn't let it phase me, as this clearly had to be a dream.
Though I thought a pirating caper, didn’t sound half bad.
And wouldn’t you just know it, it’s the most fun to be had!
Yes I like pirates and plunder, and getting lost in a game!
And I like Eagles in togas, and meeting companions to train.
Good friends to greet you by the boatload, as your adventure takes shape.
In a world called The Spiral, it’s time to plan your escape.
If you’re waiting for some action, set sail with us today!
Come live the life of a pirate, where the fun is here to stay.
Become a daring and fearless Captain, joined in battle by your crew.
And explore so many skyways, there’s just so much for you to do.
Do you like pirates and plunder, and getting lost in a game?
Do you seek adventure and wonder, and combat that’s insane?
Do you like joining friends in a fight, along with pets and a crew?
Then set your sails for excitement, Pirate101 is for you!
SET A COURSE FOR ADVENTURE!!!
Don't you think P101 could use a new theme/recruitment song? Also, I'd like to do requests on songs that you guys/gals think would make a great P101 song. Just post a song title & I'll see what I can do!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:

Yep, that's right! We all know that this game is beyond amazing & brilliant in every way. What's not to like? I mean, we right wrongs, we battle, we sail- we recruit companions with fuzzy tails. We slice & dice & meet corsair mice. We find justice where none was to be found, whilst we plunder bad guys & smack booty around...eh, I mean plunder booty & smack bad guys around. And so on & so on!

But, I've found that there is one thing that P101 is missing-- a theme song! Or at least a song to help recruit new players to join up in all the scurvyness-ish-ism! I can't even recall the last time I saw a P101 commercial or advertisement flash by, as I reluctantly watched gratuitous amounts of Sophia the First & Paw Patrol (thanks twins!). I used to at least see the commercial, every once in a while...but not anymore. THIS NEEDS TO BE REMEDIED!! Potential players everywhere need to be exposed to the glory & splendor that is Pirate101.

So, without further ado, I bring to you the new, officially, unofficial-- Pirate101 theme song (to the tune of Escape, aka- The Pina Colada Song).

Aheemm...

Pirates and Plunder
Don't you think P101 could use a new theme/recruitment song? Also, I'd like to do requests on songs that you guys/gals think would make a great P101 song. Just post a song title & I'll see what I can do!
Aaaaamazzzzing!!!! Oooh, a challenge? Ok, how about one for Bishop based on "She blinded me with Science"?
And a dedication to Blind Mew on "Cruel Summer". And a dedication to Madame Vadima on "Witchy Woman".
Any of these would be great.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I totally sang the whole thing in my head. Brilliant work as per usual Valkoor. Hmmmm. How about one to the Brady Bunch theme.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Really.

While it simply must be noted that you have a gift in song and poetry

Pirate101...

Needs an update more than anything

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
In every world you travel too, there is different theme music that is played based on what type of culture takes place in the fictional world. But I'm not dissing your theme song - I do think it's a brilliant idea! (did you come up with it yourself?)

Anyway, here goes...

What pirate101 needs is more worlds, more fighting, and a whole new opportunity to defeat Kane.

Wicked Aaron Brewster

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Speed Switch on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Really.

While it simply must be noted that you have a gift in song and poetry

Pirate101...

Needs an update more than anything
A gift you say.... well you should see me dance! But thank you, kindly.

Yes, we all know that we are eagerly awaiting for that Elusive Update to Turn the Tide on our waiting game, so that we can Rally with a Mighty Charge.

But there's been more than enough posting and complaining about that kind of stuff. Why not have some fun singing and welcoming new players aboard, while we wait it out.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Aaaaamazzzzing!!!! Oooh, a challenge? Ok, how about one for Bishop based on "She blinded me with Science"?
And a dedication to Blind Mew on "Cruel Summer". And a dedication to Madame Vadima on "Witchy Woman".
Oh boy.....this could get rather messy! Dang it Esperanza...I'm a pirate not a scientist.

Off to the lab, it's time to do some experimenting!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
I totally sang the whole thing in my head. Brilliant work as per usual Valkoor. Hmmmm. How about one to the Brady Bunch theme.
Thank you, Chrissy! I would've loved to hear you singing that...or better yet, all of us singing it together!

Yikes The Brady Bunch....I'll need my Gilligan's Island/Hydra bug report, goofiness for an attempt at that one.

What have I done!?!?

Stay tuned.... (and in-tune)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
In every world you travel too, there is different theme music that is played based on what type of culture takes place in the fictional world. But I'm not dissing your theme song - I do think it's a brilliant idea! (did you come up with it yourself?)

Anyway, here goes...

What pirate101 needs is more worlds, more fighting, and a whole new opportunity to defeat Kane.

Wicked Aaron Brewster
You're quite right Aaron/Blaze, but what I am referring to is a theme song, or recruitment song, for like a commercial or as an ad on computers.

You know something that people might catch a glimpse of, that may make them want to jump on-board the game. The "world(s)" music in the game is absolutely wonderful, but I still think P101 could use a fun, promotional type of song to help bring new players into the Spiral.

Oh and yes, I did come up with the rearranged lyrics to the song. But as I noted, the tune came from the original song, Escape (The Pina Colada Song). I just goofed it up a wee bit.

I thought it would be a good choice of a song, that different generations may recognize. It's been used in a lot of movies/shows. Us older folks should be familiar with it and younger generations might recognize it from Shrek. Plus....it's just a catchy tune.

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
You're quite right Aaron/Blaze, but what I am referring to is a theme song, or recruitment song, for like a commercial or as an ad on computers.

You know something that people might catch a glimpse of, that may make them want to jump on-board the game. The "world(s)" music in the game is absolutely wonderful, but I still think P101 could use a fun, promotional type of song to help bring new players into the Spiral.

Oh and yes, I did come up with the rearranged lyrics to the song. But as I noted, the tune came from the original song, Escape (The Pina Colada Song). I just goofed it up a wee bit.

I thought it would be a good choice of a song, that different generations may recognize. It's been used in a lot of movies/shows. Us older folks should be familiar with it and younger generations might recognize it from Shrek. Plus....it's just a catchy tune.
I just listened to the Pina Coloda Song, but this time I tried sing your lyrics to the song. I had quite the laugh as I failed an attempt to sound good, but I realized that this song was a lot more inspirational (yeah, inspirational, I know) to a bunch of people on the message boards. Try getting a friend with a good singing voice to sing your lyrics to Escape, and if you post it on YouTube it could be a great hit (a commercial for Kingsisle is also a pretty good idea). Just giving advice.

Wicked Aaron Brewster

P.S. Please call me Aaron from now on, Blaze is a made up name (I got bored).

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013

Aheemm...

Pirates and Plunder
LOVE IT. JUST... LOVE IT.

You never clease to amaze me with these posts valkoor. I would love to see this in the game.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

Aheemm...

Pirates and Plunder
Valkoor I have just one thing to say That was ............ AMAZING that's one song that I'll love being stuck in my head lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Aheemm...

Pirates and Plunder
Maybe you could get Dr. Zeppers to record a You-Tube video of this song.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I think something to the tune of Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple would be fun to see.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Aheemm...

Pirates and Plunder
Valkoor me brother ye never cease to amaze me, epic work as always me friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
I just listened to the Pina Coloda Song, but this time I tried sing your lyrics to the song. I had quite the laugh as I failed an attempt to sound good, but I realized that this song was a lot more inspirational (yeah, inspirational, I know) to a bunch of people on the message boards. Try getting a friend with a good singing voice to sing your lyrics to Escape, and if you post it on YouTube it could be a great hit (a commercial for Kingsisle is also a pretty good idea). Just giving advice.

Wicked Aaron Brewster

P.S. Please call me Aaron from now on, Blaze is a made up name (I got bored).
Aaron it is, and shall be from here forth!

And don't feel bad...I laugh at my singing (if you can even call it that) all the time. I've often compared my singing to the sound Ratbeard would make while gargling a crab! I know, I know...I rather enjoy it, but most others would be left cringing and/or crying.

Actually, I have a semi-decent singing voice but I prefer to save it for my kids and my coworkers. Maybe someday I will take the YouTube plunge and begin my rise to Spiral Singin' Stardom! If that ever happens, I apologize in advance to all who bear witness.

Oh...one more thing. Yes, this thread and the song was just meant to provide some piratical inspiration to both old and new players. Something just to let loose and have some fun and provide "mindless" entertainment while we veterans of the game Hold the Line and wait.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
warrior021u on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
LOVE IT. JUST... LOVE IT.

You never clease to amaze me with these posts valkoor. I would love to see this in the game.
Thank you, Talon-- I appreciate the kind words. It's great to see you back on the boards and posting again.

If you have a song request that you'd like me to try to parody...let me have it. I was thinking, with your determined hunt for Grizzly pack bears, that maybe something like "Bear Necessities" might work. Or something else, perhaps....

Great to have you back!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
silver swordcoral on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Valkoor I have just one thing to say That was ............ AMAZING that's one song that I'll love being stuck in my head lol
Why thank you! And I say....sing away, to your heart's content.

I've been wanting to post that song parody for a while now. In fact for the last few weeks, I have found myself and my kids spontaneously singing "If you like pirates and plunder....". Although, one of my twins, quite adorably, sings it as "...piwates and pandas...", which we all kind of adopted.

I finally took the time to finish it up and post it-- but the song is still stuck in my ear and brain. But that's a good thing!

Thanks again and keep on singin'.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Maybe you could get Dr. Zeppers to record a You-Tube video of this song.
That's a great idea! I think Chrissy mentioned that before, as well.

I haven't seen or heard from Dr. Zeppers in some time and I haven't been on his website in a while either. But maybe I could reach out to him and see if a collaborative effort is a possibility.

Or...I could just get the equipment and let the torturing begin!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
Great job as always, mate!
Why thank you, Finn-- got any requests? How about another Sinatra song that you'd like to see given a P101 twist? Or anything else...?

It might take me a few days to get all the parodies done and posted, but I'm on it!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
I think something to the tune of Smoke on the Water by Deep Purple would be fun to see.
Oooooh....that's a great one! Hmmm, That might take some real brain power to turn into a P101 song. Man, am I in trouble!?!??

I'll see what I can do!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
Valkoor me brother ye never cease to amaze me, epic work as always me friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Hey, thank you Jack and that's mighty kind of you to say. Glad you enjoyed it.

So....got a song that you'd like me to try to make a pirate-y parody of?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Okay...you asked for it! Here's my first attempt. First up...Bishop. As you requested, done to the tune of Thomas Dolby's, "She Blind Me with Science".

Gears of War (He Blinded Me with Science)
Through algebraic quotients,
He turned his beady eyes to me.
A creep without emotion,
A sheep in the Armada's scheme.
Arrr - he blinded me with science!
He's speaking through his silence!
Lacking human biology.
When I'm standing close to him...
Threatening me with science - violence!
I can tell he's logical.
Science!
Silence!
But I'm piracy in motion.
And when he used his Sprockets Key,
I struck with such devotion.
You see there was no harming me!
Aye - so I struck him in defiance!
And stranded him in silence!
He failed quite so miserably.
When he's creeping next to me...
Fine Armada science - science!
Silence!
I hear his machinery.
Dispelling me with science - science!
Silence!
Like Ratty B's explosions,
Oh now he's casting spells at me!
His Gears of War's commotion!
With elements of magery.
He's fighting me with science!
While facing me in silence!
Mage glasses with technology.
Good heavens! This Loco Robo's...
Quite pitiful!
I can't believe it.
Here he comes again!
He's programmed up and will fight anything!
All his gears and wires...
And soulless drones...
And pre-equated notions!
He's engineering in motion.
Armada churned, modern technology.
Machines without emotions,
That greet us with hostility!
Mmm - they're wired, see...by science!
They're wired up with science!
And lacking all biology.
Ok...that's the best I could do. You sure picked an "easy" trio there. Whew...my brain hurts-- that was quite a challenge!

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Mar 15, 2016 wrote:
Thank you, Talon-- I appreciate the kind words. It's great to see you back on the boards and posting again.

If you have a song request that you'd like me to try to parody...let me have it. I was thinking, with your determined hunt for Grizzly pack bears, that maybe something like "Bear Necessities" might work. Or something else, perhaps....

Great to have you back!
Thanks a bunch pal.

Also. If you do make a pardoy about the grizzly bears. Do make sure you won't try to insult them. Seriously trust me on this. I was raised by them.

Fearless Talon Lewis.