Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Message to KI

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
While attempting to do a successful run in the Tower of Moo Manchu, I noticed that the main companions (Bonnie, El Toro, etc.) were much better than side companions (Shiruku, Black Angus, etc.).

Why is this?

Why are we forced to use main/crowns companions to actually have a chance at winning in combat?

Why give out more companions if the best ones are already given to us in the very beginning of the game?

I've figured out why these side companions are very weak compared to main ones. Some of them have no promotions and little to no to useless powers (excluding critical strike), not-so-good epics to start and learn, AND get lesser talents and epics, too. Companions are supposed to receive epics levels 15,35, and 55. And how the game's functioning, it doesn't work that way. Wouldn't companions automatically receive their epic if they're above levels 15,35, and 55? This goes for talents too. All the main companions can learn 16 talents and learn more epics, while the side ones have <16 talents, and learn little epics.

So what I wanna ask of KI is this: Buff up the lesser companions. Give them the talents and epics they're supposed to get, and maybe promote some of them or give some a decent power. I want to be able to rotate my crew around without thinking it'd be a risky move to use them, and it'd make things more complicated or cost me the match since they'll die quickly. I know I can use them to challenge myself, but it just isn't fun using them, either. Some of these companions are REALLY cool, ESPECIALLY those Cool Ranch guys. I honestly do not like a majority of the main companions, either because their voices or irritating or they're just too popular, but as I said, I like a lot of the side companions and I wanna be able to use them and feel comfortable using them in battle in places such as the Tower of Moo Manchu.

Thanks for reading. I hope these changes come into place.

-Black Wolf Bowman

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:
While attempting to do a successful run in the Tower of Moo Manchu, I noticed that the main companions (Bonnie, El Toro, etc.) were much better than side companions (Shiruku, Black Angus, etc.).

Why is this?

Why are we forced to use main/crowns companions to actually have a chance at winning in combat?

Why give out more companions if the best ones are already given to us in the very beginning of the game?

I've figured out why these side companions are very weak compared to main ones. Some of them have no promotions and little to no to useless powers (excluding critical strike), not-so-good epics to start and learn, AND get lesser talents and epics, too. Companions are supposed to receive epics levels 15,35, and 55. And how the game's functioning, it doesn't work that way. Wouldn't companions automatically receive their epic if they're above levels 15,35, and 55? This goes for talents too. All the main companions can learn 16 talents and learn more epics, while the side ones have <16 talents, and learn little epics.

So what I wanna ask of KI is this: Buff up the lesser companions. Give them the talents and epics they're supposed to get, and maybe promote some of them or give some a decent power. I want to be able to rotate my crew around without thinking it'd be a risky move to use them, and it'd make things more complicated or cost me the match since they'll die quickly. I know I can use them to challenge myself, but it just isn't fun using them, either. Some of these companions are REALLY cool, ESPECIALLY those Cool Ranch guys. I honestly do not like a majority of the main companions, either because their voices or irritating or they're just too popular, but as I said, I like a lot of the side companions and I wanna be able to use them and feel comfortable using them in battle in places such as the Tower of Moo Manchu.

-Black Wolf Bowman
They will all get a promotion making them stronger, unfortunately KI can't waste resources on making black Angus like el toro

Admiral
May 30, 2010
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:

Why is this?

-Black Wolf Bowman
No one is forcing you to do or use anything in the game, other than your ship. I play with my crew set on full random, and only very rarely do I lose a battle. Even in the Tower and the Smuggler's Arena, I use side companions frequently.

More companions means more choice. Perhaps it's not so much that the companions are weak as it is your strategy is lacking due to too little experience with those non-favored companions. Instead of wishing they were Bonnie Anne in Wild Bill Peacock's clothing, practice taking advantage of what strengths they do have. Get better with the side companions and you'll have the advantage of surprise when doing PvP, if that's your thing. Everyone knows what to expect from the popular companions; not everyone will have an effective strategy against the so-called lesser companions.