Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Being able to NAME our animal companions?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
This idea will probably get shot down, But how cool would it be to be able to name our animal companions? Like, On screen. Like I have my sky snake named Zhane and my batacuda named Jeffrey. But I want the names to be on screen. So, Whenever you get an animal companion, You can name it. Also, before I get my crocogator. What should I name him?

When I threw the artichoke heart, Zhane would go after it. So I put it on Kane's head. You might say that's impossible. But that's Zhane's dream every thursday
Level 65
Level 8 and 28
level 23
level 19 and UNSTOPPABLE
My let's play pirate Tiny Dino Percy
I'm sorry I don't have a :(

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
This idea will probably get shot down, But how cool would it be to be able to name our animal companions? Like, On screen. Like I have my sky snake named Zhane and my batacuda named Jeffrey. But I want the names to be on screen. So, Whenever you get an animal companion, You can name it. Also, before I get my crocogator. What should I name him?

When I threw the artichoke heart, Zhane would go after it. So I put it on Kane's head. You might say that's impossible. But that's Zhane's dream every thursday
Level 65
Level 8 and 28
level 23
level 19 and UNSTOPPABLE
My let's play pirate Tiny Dino Percy
I'm sorry I don't have a :(
No, this isn't a bad idea, many witchdoctors have asked that their animal companions get names, some even do as you have done and give them names. The Hoodoo Master calls his skysnake - Genevive.
Its strange to me that the only animal companions with names are Tiburon, Madclaw, Nikita and Scorpius.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
No, this isn't a bad idea, many witchdoctors have asked that their animal companions get names, some even do as you have done and give them names. The Hoodoo Master calls his skysnake - Genevive.
Its strange to me that the only animal companions with names are Tiburon, Madclaw, Nikita and Scorpius.
I thought Nikita was a special type of Skarakeet. And I appriciate you not mistaking Zhane's name for a typo He is actually named after the silver ranger from PRIS.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
They have names because they are named when we encounter them. I think. Maybe KI just doesn't love the normal animal companions as well.

It would be very nice to have names available, so one isn't just saying "my batacuda" when everyone else can talk about "their" El Toro or "their" Subadai.

At least they improved them somewhat. Now they're good enough they deserve a proper name.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
They have names because they are named when we encounter them. I think. Maybe KI just doesn't love the normal animal companions as well.

It would be very nice to have names available, so one isn't just saying "my batacuda" when everyone else can talk about "their" El Toro or "their" Subadai.

At least they improved them somewhat. Now they're good enough they deserve a proper name.
My witchdoctor hasn't gone beyond the "hey you" stage on her animal companions. Ooo, there's a name - Hai Yu!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I like the idea, ot could fit in my thread with being able to name companions using an NPC

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
I like the idea, ot could fit in my thread with being able to name companions using an NPC
Could you also fit me throwing the artichoke and Zhane going after it in that thread?