Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fighting faster

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Ok so the whole fighting faster thing really PvP sped up is not fun. To me very annoying. Its like pushing fast forward on cassette player with the tape playing!! But the game is great!! Love it!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nitewalker7180 on Feb 1, 2016 wrote:
Ok so the whole fighting faster thing really PvP sped up is not fun. To me very annoying. Its like pushing fast forward on cassette player with the tape playing!! But the game is great!! Love it!!
I find it interesting that the "super-speed" thing is happening in PVP. I've only encountered it in PVE ( the Tower, specifically. )
Maybe you should post this in the Bilge Pump as a glitch/bug.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think it applies for their turn whenever anyone in the battle has it turned on. I've had both opponents and shipmates ask me to turn it on because they don't like when it's my turn and things slow back down.

I did turn it on in the Tower of Moo Manchu, and in the Pirate's Regatta, when I've been asked, but then I turn it off again as soon as possible.

I dislike it, but now that it exists, we have to endure.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I've not used it. Does it cut out the animation or just speed through it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
I've not used it. Does it cut out the animation or just speed through it?
Normal Fast Combat plays the animation at a slightly faster pace, you still see the animations. But there is now a bug that suddenly starts playing at a super rate of speed - think old time Keystone Kops speed.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Speeding up makes the animations go faster and the critical songs play faster. When it comes to pvp, let's say one player turns fast on and another player has it off. If these two players interact together (in this case combat) it it speeds up for both players if at least one of them has fast combat turned on. If both players have it turned off, combat stays at normal speed.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I believe that Fast Combat skips Critical animations altogether and speeds up normal combat animations slightly. I find it just makes everything seem jerky.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm thinking about turning off my Fast Combat, it will take a while to adjust to the "slower" combat and I'm sure a few players will demand that I turn it on.
A firm "no" should be enough for some, if they get persistent, I'll just ignore them.

Ensign
May 12, 2011
Normal Fast Combat:
Fast combat applies to the pirate and his/her companions, whether attacking or being attacked. I does not speed up movement(when your running around the battleboard). It only speeds up the combat animations, but it doesnt cut out the critical animations. Some companion critical theme's (music) however, are kinda messed up when they critical hit. It applies to PvP and PvE. In PvE, in everyone in that battle has it on, then even the enemies attacking summons or something are sped up. But in PvP, everyone has to have it turned on for the A.I. combat to be fast
Super Fast Combat:
I've only seen one indication of this happening, that's if you summon a minotaur with an aquila doubloon, in PvP or PvE, and he uses his viscous charge. Whoever summons the Minotaur has to be the one who has Fast combat on, and the Minotaur has to charge the enemy player that has Fast combat as well, if your in PvP. At least that's how I think it activates, I havent fully tested it yet. If it isnt that, then its just everyone has to have it on, summon the minotaur, then the minotaur uses his viscous charge.

Hope this helps.
Fiery Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 65
Cautious Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 65
Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 34
Stingy Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jonathan Nightinga... on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
Normal Fast Combat:
Fast combat applies to the pirate and his/her companions, whether attacking or being attacked. I does not speed up movement(when your running around the battleboard). It only speeds up the combat animations, but it doesnt cut out the critical animations. Some companion critical theme's (music) however, are kinda messed up when they critical hit. It applies to PvP and PvE. In PvE, in everyone in that battle has it on, then even the enemies attacking summons or something are sped up. But in PvP, everyone has to have it turned on for the A.I. combat to be fast
Super Fast Combat:
I've only seen one indication of this happening, that's if you summon a minotaur with an aquila doubloon, in PvP or PvE, and he uses his viscous charge. Whoever summons the Minotaur has to be the one who has Fast combat on, and the Minotaur has to charge the enemy player that has Fast combat as well, if your in PvP. At least that's how I think it activates, I havent fully tested it yet. If it isnt that, then its just everyone has to have it on, summon the minotaur, then the minotaur uses his viscous charge.

Hope this helps.
Fiery Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 65
Cautious Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 65
Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 34
Stingy Jonathan Nightingale Lvl 65
This super speed glitch to the fast combat is really messing up combat in the Tower. The other day I was in there on my Musket ( and I forgot that I had my fast combat on ) and on almost every floor there rounds where I was skipped in battle sequence. Another player was having the same problem, so I announced that I was turning off my fast combat, and that cleared up the problem - no more skipping my turn.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I'd like it a lot better if the sound effects were synced correctly with the movements.

Ensign
Nov 01, 2014
When the you use the Aquila doubloon and a Minotaur pops out, the speed goes faster than normal.
a bug/glitch I bet.
Faithful Eric Zimmer

Ensign
May 12, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 11, 2016 wrote:
This super speed glitch to the fast combat is really messing up combat in the Tower. The other day I was in there on my Musket ( and I forgot that I had my fast combat on ) and on almost every floor there rounds where I was skipped in battle sequence. Another player was having the same problem, so I announced that I was turning off my fast combat, and that cleared up the problem - no more skipping my turn.
that used to happen to me even before the fast combat update, so i dont think its that, since during fast combat, my turn has never been skipped

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jonathan Nightinga... on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
that used to happen to me even before the fast combat update, so i dont think its that, since during fast combat, my turn has never been skipped
And yet, I've had the opposite effect: this is why it's hard to track glitches, I think.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
All I can say is I dont speed up....I have played with other pirates who speed up and I wont. Never asked to speed up. And if I was was asked I would politely say no. I dont like speed up at all. I like watching the fights. Besides how much time is actually saved? A few secs less here and there? I like it normal speed thankyou. To each there own. If I must endure it well other can endure it my way also

Thamks for all the imput from everyone!!