Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clockwork Companions Discussion

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
When it comes to the question of clockworks, many players want to recruit an Armada companion. I'll say this, they do look very cool ( which is probably the main reason for this. )
But as it's been said by Blind Mew, that we will probably not have one as this would destroy the "faceless" enemy vibe with the Armada, and he sited "Hugh" from the show Star Trek: The Next Generation, as having destroyed the fear of the Borg.
I completely agree with this and it would be damaging in game terms if a new pirate were to see another who has finished the first story arc running around with one or even an Elite!
But we can make a difference between Armada and Clockwork, we can recruit Prince Yulefest from the Crown Shop during the Christmas Holidays. He's a Nutcracker ( based on the ballet & uses the music in the attacks ) and his movements mimic the way an Armada Musketeer moves.
So we can make a difference between Armada and "clockwork".
So I ask you, fellow pirates, would more clockworks in the style of Prince Yulefest satisfy your hunger for a clockwork companion?
If you have ideas for a clockwork companion ( not Armada ) please share them.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 21, 2016 wrote:
When it comes to the question of clockworks, many players want to recruit an Armada companion. I'll say this, they do look very cool ( which is probably the main reason for this. )
But as it's been said by Blind Mew, that we will probably not have one as this would destroy the "faceless" enemy vibe with the Armada, and he sited "Hugh" from the show Star Trek: The Next Generation, as having destroyed the fear of the Borg.
I completely agree with this and it would be damaging in game terms if a new pirate were to see another who has finished the first story arc running around with one or even an Elite!
But we can make a difference between Armada and Clockwork, we can recruit Prince Yulefest from the Crown Shop during the Christmas Holidays. He's a Nutcracker ( based on the ballet & uses the music in the attacks ) and his movements mimic the way an Armada Musketeer moves.
So we can make a difference between Armada and "clockwork".
So I ask you, fellow pirates, would more clockworks in the style of Prince Yulefest satisfy your hunger for a clockwork companion?
If you have ideas for a clockwork companion ( not Armada ) please share them.
Anecorbie, Clockwork is Armada. Just say robot.

And, Anecorbie, we can always have a Quest where we reprogram an Armada Clockwork and they join us. It's not a crazy idea, you know.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

- Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 23 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jan 24, 2016 wrote:

And, Anecorbie, we can always have a Quest where we reprogram an Armada Clockwork and they join us. It's not a crazy idea, you know.

Thanks and Good Hunting,

Clockworks include the steam golems that Marleybone produces and Prince Yule tide is a clockwork but NOT Armada. I have many reasons why I believe we won't get an Armada companion. I have already posted them many times. See page three of "Speculations on the Armada" for the reasons.
I like the word Anne Radcliffe uses to describe clockworks - automaton.
I don't think its possible to "reprogram" Armada clockworks, as they are most obviously not robots. They're wind-up toys, basically.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Thanks and Good Hunting,

Speculations on the Armada - Jul 21, 2014.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
We should NOT get an Armada as a reward from a quest - there're those who don't want one!
There's nothing wrong with having a non-Armada ( clockwork ) companion available in the Crown Shop ( as proven by Prince Yuletide ).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

Thanks and Good Hunting,

Imagine if your saw that companion with a pirate who has completed the el dorado arc, really ruins the arc and hard work KI put in, blind mew has stated the armada were supposed to be the faceless enemy, enemies we could kill without feeling guilty not helpful companions who can go get your pet snacks and buff you in a battle

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012

Thanks and Good Hunting,

Its an armada that consists of clockworks, Valencia didn't coin the term. And she was saying, yes we could get one as a companion, but it would ruin the story, not that it isn't feasible.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2010
While clockwork can and does relate to the Armada in Pirate101, they look and behave very different in Wizard101. Maybe a design based off that in Wizard101's Golem Tower could work, have it be a buccaneer due to the bo staff looking weapon it has.