Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer .vs. Buccaneer

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
Hey guys I was just wondering since I'm about to make a new pirate
Musketeer or Buccaneer
They both seem like great classes, but can you guys help me find overall better class between these two thanks

P.S. I've already maxed out a Swash and Privateer two awesome classes

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Luke NightSpear on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
Musketeer or Buccaneer
They both seem like great classes, but can you guys help me find overall better class between these two thanks

Welcome to the message boards, Luke Nightspear! Both classes are great to play, but since you've already experienced a melee class why not give a ranged class a shot? ( pun intended ).
Guns, traps and barriers make this class fun and challenging to play and you get some awesome companions, too!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Luke NightSpear on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
Musketeer or Buccaneer

I really like Musket so far. I have a max buck, he's awesome, but musket is already my second favorite. It really depends on your play style.

Ensign
Jun 06, 2009
Thanks you guys for the feedback but I'm still indecisive about what class to pick maybe if you guys help me look at it from a pvp standpoint like, Buccaneers have a lot of armor, but Musketeers will pierce right through our low magic resist, but Musketeers have low armor so Buccaneers will pierce right through it, or Musketeers have lots of powers that always hit and Buccaneers have almost no powers, but they do get lots of useful epics.

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2011
If your talking pvp musket would beat buck, But if your talking the class in general. Both are good.
I recently started a musket and I like him more then my witchdocter. It really depends on how you like to play.
If you like being tough strong and a good amount of attack try a buck. If you like staying back and throwing in traps and have great range and aoe try a musket. No class is better then another class they all have strengths and weaknesses.

lvl 65
Lvl 65
Lvl 12 (and counting)

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
I think that overall Buccaneers beat Musketeers. I find that I played through the story a lot faster as the buccaneer before the update to companions & pets then I am currently playing through the game now as the Musketeer now. Also, PvP-wise, I believe that most of the time Buccaneer's will beat Muskets in a 1v1 (High Strength vs Low Strength, meaning tons of criticals and chains). Also, I believe that most believe in the spar chamber the Buccaneer is the current best class PvP wise overall.