Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Successfully Swindled by a Super Sneaky Serpent???

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So, recently I have been farming Pariss for the Prince of Illios Quiver and was simultaneously cultivating his curvy cousin, Hykssoss, for Hykssoss' Falchion-- just for the snake of it...er, sake of it. Well, the other day I managed to charm Hykssoss into forking over the Falchion and earlier today I was able to convince Pariss to become the 'Givah of the Quivah'.

Now, I had seen the Falchion many, many times and knew what it looked like and had likewise, in the past, engaged in several runs at Hykssoss. My question for all of you that have received the Hykssoss Falchion, is......have we been bamboozled!?!? Why wouldn't the Hykssoss' Falchion-- a sword that bears the name of Hykssoss-- look like the sword that the slippery snake actually possesssissss in battle? I realize that the sword we receive is indeed in the style of a falchion, but I kind of would reaaaaaally like to equip that strikingly slick, super-shiny, sublimely stunning slicer that the spoken-of slippery, swaying serpent himself, seemingly swings so skillfully.

The Hyssoss Falchion that drops is none other than the sword that some of the common Ophidian Warriors possess and use in battle. Now, without sounding too greedy or appearing to throw a hisss-ey fit, I don't want to wield just some run-of-the-mill sword that every other Sam and Sally Snake has slithered all over in the snake pit. NO!.....I want that one-of-a-kind sword that belongs to the serpent that the Falchion shares the name of. For Heaven's snakes...I'm a mighty, powerful, one-of-a-kind, orphaned Buccaneer (well, just like the thousands/millions of other one-of-a-kind Bucks out there in the Spiral)! Ok, so maybe the sword Hykssoss uses in battle isn't an actual Falchion-- Persian Scimitar, perhaps??-- at all, and a new Persian version may require KI to change the new weapon's name to the Hykssoss' not-so Falchion-y, yet Falchion-esque, Falchion. Yeah, that seems reasonable and perfect to me....

Either way, I certainly do feel that I have been:

Double-edged Dicer, Double-crossed!
Mislead by a Meanderer!!
Fooled by a Forked-tongue Foe!!!
Deluded by a Dynamite Dropper!!!!
Swindled by a Scaly Sort!!!!!
Outwitted by an Ophidian!!!!!!
Hoodwinked by a Hooded Hisser!!!!!!!
Beguiled by a Beastly Bomber!!!!!!!!
Cheated by a Crimson Coiler.....and....
.......Hoaxed by Hykssoss!!!!!!!!!

Actually I love the look of the Falchion-- just having a wee bit of fun with sssynonymssssssss (and exclamation points it appears!!!!!!)
But in all honesty, that other sword sure would like nice too!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
So, recently I have been farming Pariss for the Prince of Illios Quiver and was simultaneously cultivating his curvy cousin, Hykssoss, for Hykssoss' Falchion-- just for the snake of it...er, sake of it. Well, the other day I managed to charm Hykssoss into forking over the Falchion and earlier today I was able to convince Pariss to become the 'Givah of the Quivah'.

Now, I had seen the Falchion many, many times and knew what it looked like and had likewise, in the past, engaged in several runs at Hykssoss. My question for all of you that have received the Hykssoss Falchion, is......have we been bamboozled!?!? Why wouldn't the Hykssoss' Falchion-- a sword that bears the name of Hykssoss-- look like the sword that the slippery snake actually possesssissss in battle? I realize that the sword we receive is indeed in the style of a falchion, but I kind of would reaaaaaally like to equip that strikingly slick, super-shiny, sublimely stunning slicer that the spoken-of slippery, swaying serpent himself, seemingly swings so skillfully.

The Hyssoss Falchion that drops is none other than the sword that some of the common Ophidian Warriors possess and use in battle. Now, without sounding too greedy or appearing to throw a hisss-ey fit, I don't want to wield just some run-of-the-mill sword that every other Sam and Sally Snake has slithered all over in the snake pit. NO!.....I want that one-of-a-kind sword that belongs to the serpent that the Falchion shares the name of. For Heaven's snakes...I'm a mighty, powerful, one-of-a-kind, orphaned Buccaneer (well, just like the thousands/millions of other one-of-a-kind Bucks out there in the Spiral)! Ok, so maybe the sword Hykssoss uses in battle isn't an actual Falchion-- Persian Scimitar, perhaps??-- at all, and a new Persian version may require KI to change the new weapon's name to the Hykssoss' not-so Falchion-y, yet Falchion-esque, Falchion. Yeah, that seems reasonable and perfect to me....

Either way, I certainly do feel that I have been:

Double-edged Dicer, Double-crossed!
Mislead by a Meanderer!!
Fooled by a Forked-tongue Foe!!!
Deluded by a Dynamite Dropper!!!!
Swindled by a Scaly Sort!!!!!
Outwitted by an Ophidian!!!!!!
Hoodwinked by a Hooded Hisser!!!!!!!
Beguiled by a Beastly Bomber!!!!!!!!
Cheated by a Crimson Coiler.....and....
.......Hoaxed by Hykssoss!!!!!!!!!

Actually I love the look of the Falchion-- just having a wee bit of fun with sssynonymssssssss (and exclamation points it appears!!!!!!)
But in all honesty, that other sword sure would like nice too!
Excellent wordplay there brother, ye really are one of a kind when it come to pirating and expressing yer self through yer brilliant creativity, well played brother well played.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Excellent wordplay there brother, ye really are one of a kind when it come to pirating and expressing yer self through yer brilliant creativity, well played brother well played.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Thank you, Jack! I do enjoy an opportunity to dabble in self-expression...and yes, usually with a smidgen or skosh of the wacky blended in. Maybe I'll give some serious type of creativity a fair shot, soon-- yeah, it's been a while since I journeyed down that road. But, I'm sure my courses will try to take care of that. Don't worry though, even in regards to my re-edumacation, I will always try to keep things....a bit interesting.