Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Spiral Shindig- Winners and Charity Results

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello everyone, Valkoor here!

Huge thank you's go out to everyone who came out Friday night to support the Raffle/Charity event. I so much appreciate the turnout and it was wonderful seeing you all there. A lot of new friends were made, pirates got some new goodies from Booster Packs, shiny new pets came from morphing after the 'official event' and some wonderful, charitable organizations will be donated to.

Before I list the winners and prizes, I'd just like to share the results of the charity side of the event. A total of 51 pirates came out and entered the raffle, in order to help contribute to the cause. THANK YOU ALL!!! Originally I had pledged $1 per pirate towards the donation and I had set a min/max amount for the donated amount. Well, as wonderful as the turn out was, the amount to be donated fell short of the minimum amount I had set. So, I enlisted the help of a super, sneaky, surprise, magically, mysterious, mega modifier in order to help boost the donation amount. Well.....you got me, there was no mystery or surprise, I simply multiplied the total donation x5 to represent the different pirate classes. So that brought the total donation amount to $255!

But wait...there's more! Originally I was going to take the total and split it evenly between 2 charitable organizations, ALS Association and Children's Medical Center Plano. Well, at the event, sadly, I found out that our dear Chrissy the Blesser lost her beloved service dog, CJ. And on another sad note, community member and leader, Dr Zeppers, also just lost his faithful feline, of 17 years. So, I decided it would be a nice idea to honor both of their furry friends by donating to a 3rd charity. I will be adding Freedom Service Dogs of America to the 'to-donate-to' list. In addition, instead of splitting the $255 total donation, equally among the 3 organizations, I have decided to donate the $255 to each and all 3 organizations. Bringing the total donated amount up to $765. It couldn't have been made possible without the wonderful support of the Community-- so, THANK YOU!!!

Now for the winners.....

Grand Prize Winner (50,000 Crowns plus bundle of choice [Hoodoo or Empire]
Joseph
[2] Super Prize Winners (30,000 Crowns each)
Merciless Madison Moone and Brave Eric Jordan
[5] Mega Prize Winners (15,000 Crowns each)
Samuel, David, Lazy Liam Loomis, Brave Hunter Young, Dead-Eye Jack Morgan
[8] Epic Prize Winners (5,000 Crowns each)
Max Maxwell, Fearless Finnigan, Reckless Rebecca Rakes, Fearless Davy Jones, Bold Bess Nightingale, Jewel, Merciful Molly Mainstay, Sly Alura Hawkins

Congratulations to all of the winners. All of the Crowns prizes have been successfully transferred from my account, into the winners' accounts. And Joseph has chosen the Hoodoo Bundle-- way to go Joe, nice choice. Again thank you everyone who participated and a HUUUUUGGEE thank you to those scurvy sorts that helped make the event and prize transfers possible. I appreciate it greatly!

Again, thanks to all!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:

Huge thank you's go out to everyone who came out Friday night to support the Raffle/Charity event. I so much appreciate the turnout and it was wonderful seeing you all there. A lot of new friends were made, pirates got some new goodies from Booster Packs, shiny new pets came from morphing after the 'official event' and some wonderful, charitable organizations will be donated to.

Before I list the winners and prizes, I'd just like to share the results of the charity side of the event. A total of 51 pirates came out and entered the raffle, in order to help contribute to the cause. THANK YOU ALL!!! Originally I had pledged $1 per pirate towards the donation and I had set a min/max amount for the donated amount. Well, as wonderful as the turn out was, the amount to be donated fell short of the minimum amount I had set. So, I enlisted the help of a super, sneaky, surprise, magically, mysterious, mega modifier in order to help boost the donation amount. Well.....you got me, there was no mystery or surprise, I simply multiplied the total donation x5 to represent the different pirate classes. So that brought the total donation amount to $255!

But wait...there's more! Originally I was going to take the total and split it evenly between 2 charitable organizations, ALS Association and Children's Medical Center Plano. Well, at the event, sadly, I found out that our dear Chrissy the Blesser lost her beloved service dog, CJ. And on another sad note, community member and leader, Dr Zeppers, also just lost his faithful feline, of 17 years. So, I decided it would be a nice idea to honor both of their furry friends by donating to a 3rd charity. I will be adding Freedom Service Dogs of America to the 'to-donate-to' list. In addition, instead of splitting the $255 total donation, equally among the 3 organizations, I have decided to donate the $255 to each and all 3 organizations. Bringing the total donated amount up to $765. It couldn't have been made possible without the wonderful support of the Community-- so, THANK YOU!!!

Now for the winners.....

Joseph
Max Maxwell, Fearless Finnigan, Reckless Rebecca Rakes, Fearless Davy Jones, Bold Bess Nightingale, Jewel, Merciful Molly Mainstay, Sly Alura Hawkins

Congratulations to all of the winners. All of the Crowns prizes have been successfully transferred from my account, into the winners' accounts. And Joseph has chosen the Hoodoo Bundle-- way to go Joe, nice choice. Again thank you everyone who participated and a HUUUUUGGEE thank you to those scurvy sorts that helped make the event and prize transfers possible. I appreciate it greatly!

Again, thanks to all!
By Graybeard's Ghost! 15k in crowns I've won! well I'll be a Sea Dog's uncle never thought I'd win some loot that big before in either game, I thank ye fer such a prize me friend and congrats too ye on such success on those charities ye've done them proud brother, again thank ye so much fer wonderful spiral shindig invite and hope we see ye again someday.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 31, 2015 wrote:

Now for the winners.....

Joseph

Again, thanks to all!
Ooh! I won! Hmm, what shall I use this bounty on? Stitching? The crown shop ship cabin? chance chests?
Valkoor, you are one amazing pirate, you are 'Tso' awesome! There will be a gaping hole in the spiral during your absence(not cause you're fat or anything, it's just you're such a huge part of the community... you know what? Nevermind.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oh my Goooood-ness! I have finally got a Bear! Thank you, Valkoor, Bold Bess Nightingale now has KHORD as a member of her crew!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Congrats to you Jack, Finn and Esperanza/Bess!!!

What's really awesome is that it was quite enjoyable seeing some familiar faces from the boards and Central win some prizes. Both sites were equally represented in the turnout and in the winning, as well. Plus there were some great pirates that I had never seen or met before that got in on the 'winning act'. Pretty cool and fun to see so many people win some Crowns and prizes.

The random drawing was quite exciting in it's own right. I used an online random name/number picker that allowed me to shuffle the pirates list and the list of prizes as well, keep them hidden and then randomly assign #s (1-51) to the names and letters to the prizes (A-P). So, as each winner was drawn it would show, for ex., "33 = H". Then when the final 'revealing' was shown, it made it so exciting to see just 'who got what'. Who knew RNG could be so much fun!!!

Again congratulations to you all and to all the other winners, as well. I'm happy for all of you...now go have some fun with your new 'toys'!

Oh and Esperanza...that is awesome news about the pack(s) and new companion! It's quite nice of Bess to Khord-ially invite a Bear in to her crew-- congrats!!!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Somehow I wasn't entered in the giveaway, and I don't want to seem greedy. I think you are doing a brilliant thing, to donate that much money. I didn't get a pack either, I think this is because I wasn't available at the party. Thank you for contributing to a worthy cause Valkoor, and I hope to see you in the spiral sometime.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
While I couldn't make it (I was in school due to the time difference XD) I still congratulate the winners for showing up. :D

*reads more*
:( I feel for you Chrissy and Dr. Zeppers, as a kid I had a guinea pig named Beauty who lived for 6 years (that's a pretty long life for a Guinea pig) so I hope you feel better about the loss soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ElijahWaterVault on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Somehow I wasn't entered in the giveaway, and I don't want to seem greedy. I think you are doing a brilliant thing, to donate that much money. I didn't get a pack either, I think this is because I wasn't available at the party. Thank you for contributing to a worthy cause Valkoor, and I hope to see you in the spiral sometime.
Hey there James and thank you, kindly!

I'm so sorry if you feel that you were not entered into the raffle. But just a couple questions for you. Did you happen to follow the contest rules & friend my 'other pirates' (meaning, not Valkoor)? I know that you were already on Valkoor's friend list, but in order to be eligible for the giveaway/contest, you had to friend one of my 'other, entry pirates' during the '1+ hour, entry time' of the event. In this case the only 'entry pirate' ended up being Dashing Boris De Bouff. 51 pirates friended him & therefore 51 pirates successfully entered the contest. I have checked his list & my screenshots of all pirates that requested 'friendship' to Boris & I didn't see your pirate, James Underwood. So, did you perhaps use a different pirate to friend him or possibly & mistakenly think that just being on Valkoor's list would qualify for entry into the raffle/giveaway?

If you used another pirate, I can easily verify whether you were or were not on Boris' list and also verify whether or not that pirate was entered into the online raffle. I saved all info for the raffle drawing, with verification of all pirates entered. Also, the site allowed me to save a digital certificate of the drawing & results to use for verification. If you did use another pirate besides James Underwood to friend Boris, at the event, then he/she was definitely entered into the drawing/raffle/giveaway. I also made a spreadsheet for all of the pirates that attended & used it to track the gifting of the packs. If one of your pirates was on Boris's list, & didn't receive the complimentary packs...then it was 100% an oversight by me & I apologize & I'll gladly gift you your 2 packs. I sent packs to all 51 pirates that came to the event & entered the contest, by friending Boris-- even if they were offline or off somewhere else in the Spiral during the time of the event.

So, do you happen to know which other pirate you used to enter the contest with?

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 3, 2015 wrote:
Hey there James and thank you, kindly!

I'm so sorry if you feel that you were not entered into the raffle. But just a couple questions for you. Did you happen to follow the contest rules & friend my 'other pirates' (meaning, not Valkoor)? I know that you were already on Valkoor's friend list, but in order to be eligible for the giveaway/contest, you had to friend one of my 'other, entry pirates' during the '1+ hour, entry time' of the event. In this case the only 'entry pirate' ended up being Dashing Boris De Bouff. 51 pirates friended him & therefore 51 pirates successfully entered the contest. I have checked his list & my screenshots of all pirates that requested 'friendship' to Boris & I didn't see your pirate, James Underwood. So, did you perhaps use a different pirate to friend him or possibly & mistakenly think that just being on Valkoor's list would qualify for entry into the raffle/giveaway?

If you used another pirate, I can easily verify whether you were or were not on Boris' list and also verify whether or not that pirate was entered into the online raffle. I saved all info for the raffle drawing, with verification of all pirates entered. Also, the site allowed me to save a digital certificate of the drawing & results to use for verification. If you did use another pirate besides James Underwood to friend Boris, at the event, then he/she was definitely entered into the drawing/raffle/giveaway. I also made a spreadsheet for all of the pirates that attended & used it to track the gifting of the packs. If one of your pirates was on Boris's list, & didn't receive the complimentary packs...then it was 100% an oversight by me & I apologize & I'll gladly gift you your 2 packs. I sent packs to all 51 pirates that came to the event & entered the contest, by friending Boris-- even if they were offline or off somewhere else in the Spiral during the time of the event.

So, do you happen to know which other pirate you used to enter the contest with?
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Valkoor! Happy early Labor Day all! Please don't gift me the packs as I understand that I wasn't eligible. I didn't fully understand the process, and that is my fault. I never friended Boris on any of my pirates, so I was not entered into the raffle. For that reason, I don't deserve the packs. Use that money to help your goals, and don't worry about someone you barely know . I might be taking a break myself from the game for a little while. You did nothing wrong, this is all on me. I really did cause quite an unnecessary continuation of this thread. I am the one that should apologize for taking time away from you. I now understand the contest/raffle/giveaway rules now that you asked these questions. This was a 100% oversight by ME.

Continue with whatever your professors may throw your way, even if that means straying away from a virtual world. Thanks for donating a extremely gracious amount of money, you surely made a difference in other people's lives. Sometimes my brain just goes out of whack , I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ElijahWaterVault on Sep 5, 2015 wrote:
Sorry for taking so long to get back to you Valkoor! Happy early Labor Day all! Please don't gift me the packs as I understand that I wasn't eligible. I didn't fully understand the process, and that is my fault. I never friended Boris on any of my pirates, so I was not entered into the raffle. For that reason, I don't deserve the packs. Use that money to help your goals, and don't worry about someone you barely know . I might be taking a break myself from the game for a little while. You did nothing wrong, this is all on me. I really did cause quite an unnecessary continuation of this thread. I am the one that should apologize for taking time away from you. I now understand the contest/raffle/giveaway rules now that you asked these questions. This was a 100% oversight by ME.

Continue with whatever your professors may throw your way, even if that means straying away from a virtual world. Thanks for donating a extremely gracious amount of money, you surely made a difference in other people's lives. Sometimes my brain just goes out of whack , I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused.
Hey there buddy! Absolutely no worries, at all, James.

And please, no need to apologize or feel as if you caused any inconvenience. I simply wanted to make sure I didn't miss entering anyone into the raffle, or miss gifting packs to anyone who came out to support the cause. It was a fun & busy night, especially once I switched to Boris-- so missing gifting packs to someone could have easily happened.

It's actually easy to see where some confusion could've occurred. I first posted my 'detail thread' on Central, which really better explained the 'rules' & entry process. I then posted a less detailed, thread here on the boards & provided a link to the more detailed thread on Central. Unfortunately, the day of the event, I 'mistakenly' posted an unapproved, outside link in the Central thread, so the entire thread (along with the 'better details/instructions') was removed for review.

So, if anyone missed that thread or was a little unsure of how to enter, they would have had to rely on the less detailed thread, here on the message boards. Sure, in that thread, it stats the Dashing Boris De Bouff was the first pirate that could be friended, in order to enter the raffle/giveaway. But if someone just glanced through the post, it could have been overlooked or missed.

It would have been great seeing you at the event & equally nice to have one of your pirates on Boris...for when I do get back in-game & work on leveling him up. I thank you for the kind words & for wishing me well with my courses & future. Likewise, I hope that you receive/grasp/gain/achieve nothing short of success & happiness, in your future endeavors. I'll keep a non-patched eye out for you in the Spiral, when I jump in from time to time.

Again, absolutely no worries & need to feel apologetic. My brain is only sometimes, occasionally un-wacky...very seldom does it function in the norm! So, I completely understand. Take care, buddy, & I look forward to seeing you down that great & glorious Skyway!