Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Satoru Iwata

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
:( I know I shouldn't bring such sad news but Mr. Iwata of Nintendo passed away on July 11th 2015 to a growth in his bile duct. He was such a great man and he will truly be missed, he wasn't your standard CEO and it's death has been devastating. R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
WHAT!!!?????? That's too sad......

He's gonna be missed.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
:( I know I shouldn't bring such sad news but Mr. Iwata of Nintendo passed away on July 11th 2015 to a growth in his bile duct. He was such a great man and he will truly be missed, he wasn't your standard CEO and it's death has been devastating. R.I.P. Satoru Iwata
i believe the video made by sky williams on youtube portrays how all long time fans of nintendo feel, i cant post on here since rules but go check it out if your a nintendo fan, its worth your 5 minutes

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
We will all miss him severely... but, this should be spoken of somewhere else.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Aye, he will be missed dearly by us all. He was a great person and gave me lots of happy childhood memories. Iwata-san will never be forgotten! He had to miss a shareholders meeting and comic con last year because of his surgery to remove the growth. He was 55 upon death. I'll miss him. I send my thanks and prayers directly to him.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I saw this topic coming when I heard the news.

It's very sad to see a valuable and/or famous person pass away due to a disease or cancer of some sort. He will be dearly missed, and I will never forget him.

(In more unrelated, slightly happier news, yay, I'm back in the game!)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Definitely a massive loss for gamers across the world. He will be very missed but will always be remembered. Nintendo will not be the same without such a dedicated and hardworking president.

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. Thank you for all you have done.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
We will all miss him severely... but, this should be spoken of somewhere else.
Without Nintendo and the dedication of Satoru Iwata, where would the gaming industry be? This is exactly the place for such a post.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Nintendo was my childhood, and I am still a big fan of their games, so I hope Iwata passing away won't effect the company negatively.( to you!) I hope the next CEO will be just as great!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
The man be many things in such a great life he had, a dreamer, a genius, and role model to all gamers and future game designers alike, he will be greatly missed R.I.P to a great man.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
I am a die hard nintendo fan and this was very sad for me. Thank you for posting this for others to see. The gaming industry wouldn't be where it is today without him.

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
EMC99 on Jul 13, 2015 wrote:
Nintendo was my childhood, and I am still a big fan of their games, so I hope Iwata passing away won't effect the company negatively.( to you!) I hope the next CEO will be just as great!
I think Shigeru Miyamoto is the CEO at the moment. (He made the original Donkey Kong and Mario, Pikmin, Zelda, Metroid, and tons of other titles among those franchises)

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
He was a great inspiration to many game designers everywhere, even to rivaling companies. As a long time fan of Nintendo, I knew Iwata like a relative. Not only was he a CEO, but he was a major force in the gaming industry as a whole. It really brought tears to my eyes when I heard of his passing. I believe every company including KingsIsle can mimic the wonderful things he's done in his life. Mr. Iwata believed in one thing: fun. And I'm sure most gaming companies can agree; video games are a source of enjoyment, because they help you forget about those tough things in life. We've lost a creative force this weekend. Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Dante ZE pirate on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
I think Shigeru Miyamoto is the CEO at the moment. (He made the original Donkey Kong and Mario, Pikmin, Zelda, Metroid, and tons of other titles among those franchises)
No, Iwata was the CEO, but I'm not too sure what position Miyamoto is.

Ensign
Jan 21, 2012
Aye mates, I feel your pain for this man. I may not be from your world but I do remember venturing to the realms beyond mine and even having a slight encounter with some of his creations. Interesting people and creatures I must say. I send him my deepest appreciations directly from my mind from your world.

Rest In Peace
Iwata-san

-Martin the Hood

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Rest in peace satoru Iwata rest in peace you'll live on in many gamers hearts