Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tower of Moo Manchu

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 06, 2013
Is there a secret to get loot from the nefarious like defeating someone first or last or taking moo manchu gear off and put regular max gear on?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PlushChart2180 on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Is there a secret to get loot from the nefarious like defeating someone first or last or taking moo manchu gear off and put regular max gear on?
Welcome to the Message Boards! You're not the first to ask this question - and fortunately I have the answer but you may not like it - there is no way to manipulate the drops from the Nefarious Five; all those rumors you may have heard are just myths!
So go ahead and use Treasure Bath, defeat any of the Nefarious in any order you can, and use that Moo gear ( that's what its for ) !
Good luck in the Tower and maybe I'll see you in there,
Esperanza Devereaux

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
NO! There is no special technique, no kill order, no absurd self imposed handicap that will reduce your chances of getting gear. All over, rumors spread by the gullible and mischievous have wasted time and effort of players foolish enough to buy into whatever absurd things trolls claim will increase the drop rate. The drops come 100% randomly.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
PlushChart2180 on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
First, welcome to the Message Boards!

There's nothing to increase the odds. Anything you hear is pure myth. Hopefully I'll see you around the Tower though.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
Welcome to the Message Boards! You're not the first to ask this question - and fortunately I have the answer but you may not like it - there is no way to manipulate the drops from the Nefarious Five; all those rumors you may have heard are just myths!
So go ahead and use Treasure Bath, defeat any of the Nefarious in any order you can, and use that Moo gear ( that's what its for ) !
Good luck in the Tower and maybe I'll see you in there,
Esperanza Devereaux
So patting your head and rubbing your stomach does not work?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Jul 9, 2015 wrote:
So patting your head and rubbing your stomach does not work?

It won't hurt your chances, but it doesn't aid you, either

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
Blixet on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
NO! There is no special technique, no kill order, no absurd self imposed handicap that will reduce your chances of getting gear. All over, rumors spread by the gullible and mischievous have wasted time and effort of players foolish enough to buy into whatever absurd things trolls claim will increase the drop rate. The drops come 100% randomly.
What about drinking the Manchurian Elixir?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Squalltamer on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
What about drinking the Manchurian Elixir?
Drinking or not drinking the elixir has no effect on the drops; I know there are a few players advocating that drinking Moo's elixir enhances drops. This is entirely false! It's random, what you get ( or don't ) is determined by a random roll in computer code.
That being said: there is ONE sure way of getting the rare gear/weapons/pets/mounts - go into the Tower as often as you can, random numbers and the law of averages will eventually work in your favor. How do I know?
I have run the Tower since it opened ( beaten Moo some 85 times. )
What have I received from the Tower?:
The Nefarious Knives ( at least 4 pair )
The Nefarious Staff ( 2 )
The Nefarious Novablaster ( 3 )
The Dragon Axe of Doom ( 3 )
Baron Samedi's Mask ( 2 )
Death's Bargain ( 3 )
The Staff of Power ( for swashbucklers ) & my buccaneer has one too.
The Turncoat's Jacket, Hat and Boots ( 2 of the boots )
The Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu
Corrupted Ki-rin mount ( 3 )
Corrupted Foo Lion & Corrupted Dragon pets ( 1 or 2 each )
What I want/need from the Tower:
Moo Manchu's Imperial Crown & Boots
The Masque of the Lotus
The Bond Oni Bulwark
So you see, random chance and the law of averages will work in your favor, if you do this dungeon often.