Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

what to do when maxed?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 04, 2011
All four characters maxed. No new worlds or levels added for years. Anything to do? (i.e. can I somehow delete a character and start a new one? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Doja2727 on May 12, 2015 wrote:
All four characters maxed. No new worlds or levels added for years. Anything to do? (i.e. can I somehow delete a character and start a new one? )
No problems about deleting a character, just select the one you want to go, click 'delete' and type in YOHOHO! and there he or she goes. But, we have space for 6 pirates, so why delete one?
Have you been farming the Tower? Got everything you want from the Nefarious 5 or Moo Manchu? What about scrip, have you been hunting ships or running in the Smuggler's Arena?
Have you fought Eep Op Ork Ah Ah and Gortez 25 times to unlock them from the Crowns Shop? Have you filled all your badges?
Is PVP of any interest to you?
There, I have listed most of the activities available for a max level pirate waiting for the next story update, choose the one that appeals to you and go for it!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
have you tried a hobby like collecting all rare gear, collect unique items or just plain weird items (no golden chickens i called that) or helping random low lvl people with some hard battles. try doing one of those and then the updates will come sooner than you know it (i got all the armada elite gear, took about a year but seemed like a month of no updates)

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
No problems about deleting a character, just select the one you want to go, click 'delete' and type in YOHOHO! and there he or she goes. But, we have space for 6 pirates, so why delete one?
Have you been farming the Tower? Got everything you want from the Nefarious 5 or Moo Manchu? What about scrip, have you been hunting ships or running in the Smuggler's Arena?
Have you fought Eep Op Ork Ah Ah and Gortez 25 times to unlock them from the Crowns Shop? Have you filled all your badges?
There, I have listed most of the activities available for a max level pirate waiting for the next story update, choose the one that appeals to you and go for it!
Yes just as anecorbir said you can:defeat Moo Manchu, work on farming from bosses, extra quests,try to max your nautical level,PVP, bagdes & some other stuff that anecorbie mentioned,also(P.S, I've heard some people say that Valenci pt 2 is coming in early summer break,2015

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
In addition to Esperanza's list, which covers mostly everything, you could also farm for rare and unique boss gear, or help lower level players with tough quests. I find both to be rewarding experiences.

And congrats to you on maxing four characters!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
And don't forget about hybrid hunting, morphing and pet collecting! Or morphing up the perfect battle-pet for each class of pirate. It's quite fun...I even dabble it in a bit.

Ensign
Nov 04, 2011
Great suggestions everyone! But WHY would I want to do those things when my xp stays the same, but the level shows it should grow to 7800 within that level (65). In other words, since for whatever strange reason KI won't let my xp grow toward the 7800 max, why should I continue with this character? I did realize how to delete a character (my understanding is that you can have only 4) so I guess I'll add one (or delete/add), and/or wait the 20 years or so till KI adds levels, updates, etc. to grow my last character's xp.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Doja2727 on May 14, 2015 wrote:
Great suggestions everyone! But WHY would I want to do those things when my xp stays the same, but the level shows it should grow to 7800 within that level (65). In other words, since for whatever strange reason KI won't let my xp grow toward the 7800 max, why should I continue with this character? I did realize how to delete a character (my understanding is that you can have only 4) so I guess I'll add one (or delete/add), and/or wait the 20 years or so till KI adds levels, updates, etc. to grow my last character's xp.
In the case of farming the point isn't XP but to gain rare items, for Gortez and Eep Op Ork Ah Ah; the point is to unlock the companions so that in the future you can have access to them.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Doja2727 on May 14, 2015 wrote:
As said before, you can have six characters, not just four! The point of doing all of these other activities is so you're actually doing something, not just sitting in Avery's Court, bored out of your mind.

It isn't strange that you can't advance your level; 65 is the current maximum level, but I'm assuming you knew that. You would, and will, want to continue with those characters once the updates come out. You've put in the work to max them out, and if you deleted them, you'd have to play the story through again to be able to set foot in a new world.

Besides, why wouldn't you want to go have fun with the side activities available at max level?

Ensign
Nov 04, 2011
Thanks for the feedback-still not clear on some things. I understand I can't advance to say, a level 70 (cuz it doesn't exist yet), but WITHIN level 65 it shows 7800 possible xp, but it will not let you grow toward that max of 7800 WITHIN level 65. Why? Also, don't know what you mean by "farming the tower", but I'm assuming that becomes clear when you (finally) defeat moo. After 2 attempts, I then reached level 65, and haven't bothered trying again cuz KI won't let my xp rise WITHIN level 65 toward this promised 7800 max. Guess I check out what xp I SHOULD get from defeating moo, and, if you think this "farming" is worth the loss of potential xp, I might go for it again. Thanks!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Doja2727 on May 12, 2015 wrote:
Why only 4 characters? You can have 6 on any account...

That said, go ahead and farm Moo's tower. You don't get XP from the tower itself, just from the battles, so that amount is negligible in the grand scheme of things.

What is your nautical level? Go get that up as well, if it isn't already. Farm the boss ships for scrip. Take out a high level pirate and help out a lower level pirate who is stuck on a dungeon. Try the other class out. Make a new pirate and only let it use the crew that is class-specific.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Squalltamer on May 13, 2015 wrote:
Yes just as anecorbir said you can:defeat Moo Manchu, work on farming from bosses, extra quests,try to max your nautical level,PVP, bagdes & some other stuff that anecorbie mentioned,also(P.S, I've heard some people say that Valenci pt 2 is coming in early summer break,2015
Hahahahahahaha! I believe the wretched update comes out when it actually goes live. We've been hearing people hoping for the next book for nearly two years now.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Doja2727 on May 16, 2015 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback-still not clear on some things. I understand I can't advance to say, a level 70 (cuz it doesn't exist yet), but WITHIN level 65 it shows 7800 possible xp, but it will not let you grow toward that max of 7800 WITHIN level 65. Why? Also, don't know what you mean by "farming the tower", but I'm assuming that becomes clear when you (finally) defeat moo. After 2 attempts, I then reached level 65, and haven't bothered trying again cuz KI won't let my xp rise WITHIN level 65 toward this promised 7800 max. Guess I check out what xp I SHOULD get from defeating moo, and, if you think this "farming" is worth the loss of potential xp, I might go for it again. Thanks!
That 7.8K is the number of xp until level 66, should they ever increase the max level. You can't get xp past the ones that got you to level 65, although KI at least let you get the entire xp award from whatever quest or battle put you at the max.