Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest build-up - avoid or nay?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 24, 2012
Ahoy folks!

I got me a simple question fer ye. I'm more or less soloin' through the game's quests, but 'till now I be avoidin' takin' on too many a time, savvy? At the moment, I take on no more 'n six quests at once, give or take a few. I don't be likin' for 'em to pile up, ye see.

But what I be wantin' to know is this, mateys: how do ye tackle yer adventures? Do ye just accept every quest ye happ'n to come accross, or do ye do things akin to me? I be wonderin' how every other pirate sailin the... errr... many skyways make their life worth livin', aye?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I take all quests when I see them, this saves time from hunting them down later; also some quests overlap like hunting a certain number of ships or enemies. Doing two ( or three ) quest at one time, saves time. And I've found that if the main quest line has become more difficult for me or my crew, then a side quest or two, can give me the extra XP or tomes needed to continue.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
on my first character, my quests were haywire without rhyme or reason. on my other characters i accepted all quests when I entered a new area or world then I did main quests and then side quests before going on to the next place.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Paprika2215 on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy folks!

I got me a simple question fer ye. I'm more or less soloin' through the game's quests, but 'till now I be avoidin' takin' on too many a time, savvy? At the moment, I take on no more 'n six quests at once, give or take a few. I don't be likin' for 'em to pile up, ye see.

But what I be wantin' to know is this, mateys: how do ye tackle yer adventures? Do ye just accept every quest ye happ'n to come accross, or do ye do things akin to me? I be wonderin' how every other pirate sailin the... errr... many skyways make their life worth livin', aye?
I be a card carry'n quest junkie. If I see that yellow mark..........It just calls to me and pulls at me until I HAVE to tackle it and help out all those lazy NPC's that somehow never know how to do ANYthing.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Personally, I accept each side quest as I find it. I had over four pages worth once!

First of all, so many quests dovetail with each other (sinking certain types of ships or defeating certain foes) that it actually saves time, killing two birds with one stone as it were. I weave back and forth among them rather than finishing them off one at a time before moving on to the next.

Second, if I don't accept the quests right away, I'll forget where they were and have to go back and search all over again for them (I know there was one around here somewhere, or was it over here?).

Third, the worlds are so wonderful and the storylines so well done, I don't dare miss a minute of it. I simply do not understand those who the follow the main storyline only as fast as possible. Nope, I don't get it.

Fourth, the voices of the companions in my head won't let me rest if I don't give them every opportunity to mess with me.

Bonnie Anne: You love side quests, Cap'n.
Sam: Yes, yes, I love side quests.
Ratbeard: You want to give me an extra share of the loot, Cap'n.
Sam: In your dreams.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Big or small I take on any quest challenge, that be the type of pirate I be mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
I mainly focus on the main quest, I only take side quests if they pay well, or give a rare weapon or companion,

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Personally, I accept each side quest as I find it. I had over four pages worth once!

First of all, so many quests dovetail with each other (sinking certain types of ships or defeating certain foes) that it actually saves time, killing two birds with one stone as it were. I weave back and forth among them rather than finishing them off one at a time before moving on to the next.

Second, if I don't accept the quests right away, I'll forget where they were and have to go back and search all over again for them (I know there was one around here somewhere, or was it over here?).

Third, the worlds are so wonderful and the storylines so well done, I don't dare miss a minute of it. I simply do not understand those who the follow the main storyline only as fast as possible. Nope, I don't get it.

Fourth, the voices of the companions in my head won't let me rest if I don't give them every opportunity to mess with me.

Bonnie Anne: You love side quests, Cap'n.
Sam: Yes, yes, I love side quests.
Ratbeard: You want to give me an extra share of the loot, Cap'n.
Sam: In your dreams.
Thanks for the wonderful giggles again Sam. I too have head voice issues and my crew just pitches a fit if I run too fast and miss a quest that they have a line in. Little divas they are.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
My method is to take on every single quest I see. I end up with a whole bunch of quests, yes, but I also do every side quest I can before I do story quests.

If all my side quests are too tough, I do story quests until I go up a level, then I take on the sides again.

That method usually results in my having the highest level pirate possible for each of the quests.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2011
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I'm like Max - I typically take any side quests as soon as I see them, and complete them before moving on with the story. Sure, I might fight extra enemies or ships, but it's all good for xp, and sides sometimes give you rewards you can put to good use as you move on with the story, like a new companion or some training tomes.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Ahoy folks!

Ahoy mate! Anyways, I'm like everybody else. I take side quests if I see them. If I complete them great. If not, oh well. I still have about 8-9 pages of side quests I still need to get around to doing.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Ahoy folks!

Get those quests as you see them -- you never know when you'll be sent into an area where you can tackle several at the same time, even if they're not all the same sort of 'sink 1000 of these ships on the off chance someone will drop a random object for one of your quests' quest. Besides the great sense of satisfaction as you see your quest log go from ginormous to only the main line quest, you can often double or triple dip battles.

Ensign
Mar 29, 2013
What I do is:

I finish the book that I am in quest wise, and then I'll go back and do all of the side quests for said book.

So if I'm just finishing getting Catbeard in Marleybone, I will not go on to Aquila until the Marleybone sides are finished.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
HelenaQ on Apr 16, 2015 wrote:
What I do is:

I finish the book that I am in quest wise, and then I'll go back and do all of the side quests for said book.

So if I'm just finishing getting Catbeard in Marleybone, I will not go on to Aquila until the Marleybone sides are finished.
Wow...that means you have postponed both the Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne promotions.

Marleybone is my favorite area, primarily for the change in Bonnie Anne's attitude. She becomes a VERY serious character, and her promotion quest, and her remarks on the Isle of Fetch, where she reminds us that WE started this mess...wow...

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
I can never have enough quests. I move towards those yellow marks like a fly to bug trap....

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
I take all the quest I can, mainly because there are a number of quest that want the same thing, or several quest that want things all from the same area and you can complete several at once.