Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Helping a Menu Chat player with ship battles

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
So, I just made this new Menu Chat friend, and he was apparently trying to fight Amber Horde ships for a quest. He kept telling me he needed healing, but when I ported to him, it wasn't his pirate that needed healing, it was his ship. He apparently didn't know how to heal his ship before starting the next ship-to-ship battle, so after he got into three deck battles in a row, I unbottled my own ship and told him to port to me. I had to repeat it several times, but finally I think he understood that I would then sink more ships for him. I couldn't find any menu chat phrases dealing with ship battles terms, like "Use a potion bottle" or "Let me unbottle my ship," or even, "Let's head for the windlane."

Am I just missing them? Or do they not exist?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
So, I just made this new Menu Chat friend, and he was apparently trying to fight Amber Horde ships for a quest. He kept telling me he needed healing, but when I ported to him, it wasn't his pirate that needed healing, it was his ship. He apparently didn't know how to heal his ship before starting the next ship-to-ship battle, so after he got into three deck battles in a row, I unbottled my own ship and told him to port to me. I had to repeat it several times, but finally I think he understood that I would then sink more ships for him. I couldn't find any menu chat phrases dealing with ship battles terms, like "Use a potion bottle" or "Let me unbottle my ship," or even, "Let's head for the windlane."

Am I just missing them? Or do they not exist?
How did he get as far as MooShu without knowing how to use mojo potion to heal his ship? Perhaps something is missing from the tutorials? Did he skip the tutorials? But you're right, being able to give advice could be implemented, even if its just: "Check your tutorial guide."

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
How did he get as far as MooShu without knowing how to use mojo potion to heal his ship? Perhaps something is missing from the tutorials? Did he skip the tutorials? But you're right, being able to give advice could be implemented, even if its just: "Check your tutorial guide."
I know, right? It really surprised me that there was no menu chat phrases that would apply to ship battles at all.