Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who should i buy?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Since im going to probably buy a bundle today/tonight i'll be getting 5000 crowns with it so which of these three should i buy? (I already bought temujin and wagyu yesterday)

Wu tang (The crane i think)

Keisuke yagi (The goat)

Zang cha (The goose)

Thrifty tristan thatcher Lvl 65 Swashy

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JoseRed708 on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Since im going to probably buy a bundle today/tonight i'll be getting 5000 crowns with it so which of these three should i buy? (I already bought temujin and wagyu yesterday)

Keisuke yagi (The goat)

Zang cha (The goose)

I'm not sure, but I think both Wu Tang and Keisuke Yagi come with heals; Wu Tang has a buff and Keisuke Yagi has Hide in Shadows.
If you're looking for another buccaneer then Zang Cha would be very good.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Keisuke yagi (The goat)

Zang cha (The goose)

The goat is useful for his riposte has always been a great fighter for my Chrissys.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Keisuke yagi (The goat)

Zang cha (The goose)

For me personally, I'd buy (and actually already have) Keisuke Yagi...but I am a Buccaneer.

His hide and extra healing power come in sooooo handy for me. As a Buccaneer, we don't have any way to hide our crew, only our pirate. I use Keisuke against the Nefarious 5 when I get a chance to run the tower with my Buck and my son's Buck. We both use his hide and hide our pirates in the first round as well. Then we summon minions and buff/shield up our crew for the next round. In that 3rd round against those 5 we are pretty much guaranteed to take out 1 of the Nefarious 5 and most times 2 of them, due to the Hidden and higher powered attacks while hidden and bonus damage from those attacks (with some bleeding sometimes doing the finishing touches), plus some Critical Hits thrown in from all of the buffing. Keisuke is great to use for tough spots like this, and again, as a Buck, being that I don't have any crew that can hide themselves. So, in my opinion, for a Buccaneer he is a near must, in certain situations. I have used him against the Nef. 5 in all 4 times that I have faced them as a Buck/Buck 2 pirate team, all 4 times we were victorious (and pretty easily on 3 of them).

But, since you are a Swashbuckler, you may want to go for Zang Cha, seeing as you have lots of Hidden available to you and a team hide. Being that he is a Buccaneer, he has higher armor and high health. He also possesses the power Buccaneer Smash which will decrease the targets Agility and Accuracy by 50% each. This will give the target less Agility which means that your already high Agility Swashbuckler will have a huge advantage in the stat and will gain higher chances of scoring Critical Hits, on that enemy. Plus facing any enemy with -50% Accuracy, is always a plus...especially when combining their swings & misses with your deadly, high damaging Ripostes.

Zang Cha also comes with Turn the Tide- Rank 2, so he will gain +25% bonus Damage and Accuracy when his health falls below 50%. My Zang Cha also has First Strike, Blade Storm and Relentless- Rank 2, so coupled with the TtT 2, he'll be doing plenty of his own damage-- make sure if you do get him, give him all ranks of Accuracy, to help him land more successfully. The Blade Storm is a must because he has a Super Strike power card, which will guarantee that Blade Storm kicks in, in that same round...along with a better chance of scoring at least one Relentless-- the more strike attempts, the more chance at landing more strikes, so the more chances for Relentless to be triggered (and possibly Critical Hits, followed by Blade Storm).

There may be better Buccaneer, storyline companions available, but Zang Cha can surely hold his own and compliment your crew in battle, now and again.

Whomever you go with, I'm sure you'll have a blast with 'em!

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Thank you for the quick responses! i bought the empire bundle (And admirals bundle 2-3 weeks ago) and in a day or two im gonna choose who i should get

Zang cha sounds really good.. (Since tristan has 2-3 or 4 heals in his deck) But im also tempted to get keisuke..

Thrifty Tristan Thatcher Lvl65 Swashy

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
Wu tang, he is best by far with his buff and unending critical chains that happen

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013

Keisuke yagi (The goat)

Zang cha (The goose)

I would mostly go with Yagi as he is the Buckler out of the three you spoke of but aren't those crown shop companions worth 5995 or something? Sorry if I am incorrect I haven't really been playing P101 in the past few days, has there been any changes?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Feb 13, 2015 wrote:
I would mostly go with Yagi as he is the Buckler out of the three you spoke of but aren't those crown shop companions worth 5995 or something? Sorry if I am incorrect I haven't really been playing P101 in the past few days, has there been any changes?
There's a Me Hearties sale on some Crown Shop items.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Moo shu crown companions are very good, congrats on buying the bull and the horse. In my opinon two of the best Moo Shu crown shop companions. These two have high strength and one relay one speed and one relay on defense. Just choose what ever you like listed below.

Wu - Is a speedy companion, with a lot of dodge and agility. I can't say much since I have yet to buy him.

Keisuke - Another speedy companion, with high rough and agility.This is a great companion if he is trained well. I would recommend giving him extra will for his healing ability.

Zang- Yet Another speedy companion, with high rough and defense. My I recommend giving him strength,for extra damage, not just for storyline but also for pvp.

May I recommend Zang or Keisuke both are really good companions ( or maybe all 3 ). They are currently half off, along with other stuff. Enjoy the sales.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Spice it up and buy them all! Ok now the pokemon song is in my head. Gotta catch them all....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
Spice it up and buy them all! Ok now the pokemon song is in my head. Gotta catch them all....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Heh.. i wish i could buy them all.. But i dont think my parents would let me get anymore crowns (Unless i do something where they'll pay me.. Hmm..) So i'll probably be getting one (Or if i can earn 5 dollars.. two of them)